• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Anyone here running an Asus Prime Pro X470 with either a 3700X or 3800X, I ended up cancelling my preorder for both those chips as I read some of the bios issues some were having, I am going to wait for ASUS to update to the latest AGESA but just after peoples experience, I use my PC daily for work hence the reluctance to chance it but also want to move on from the 2600 I have.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone here running an Asus Prime Pro X470 with either a 3700X or 3800X, I ended up cancelling my preorder for both those chips as I read some of the bios issues some were having, I am going to wait for ASUS to update to the latest AGESA but just after peoples experience, I use my PC daily for work hence the reluctance to chance it but also want to move on from the 2600 I have.

3700x works fine on my Prime Pro X470. No issues, my 8Pack RAM works at 3200 ok as well.

G J

G J

Associate
Shock horror as new cpu's release and people are discussing it :confused:

Oh and the reason why AMD has the top discussions is proberly all the RAM/Stock/Rumours/ OMG 5GHZ!!!111/techinical problems people had at launch and post launch. :D

Anyway nothing to discuss with Intel as it's the same old, just rehashed :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Shock horror as new cpu's release and people are discussing it :confused:

Oh and the reason why AMD has the top discussions is proberly all the RAM/Stock/Rumours/ OMG 5GHZ!!!111/techinical problems people had at launch and post launch. :D

Anyway nothing to discuss with Intel as it's the same old, just rehashed :p

^ He's not wrong.

Associate
3700x works fine on my Prime Pro X470. No issues, my 8Pack RAM works at 3200 ok as well.

Many thanks, are you simply running it stock or have you played with the bios. Also what all core boost do you get, I am tempted now to only get the 3700X as I don't think I will benefit from the 3800X.

I currently have a 2600 with 16gb ram running at 3200 so I am hopeful I can just plug and play at the same ram speeds.

Associate
The other point to remember is that binning can work the other way, does the 3800x remove the poorer overclocking samples that would make the 3700x bin? My 3600 (under custom water) cannot do 4.4ghz on any single core without a BSOD right up to 1.475v. This piece of silicon simply could not be binned as a 3600x, therefore anyone buying a 3600x will always have better silicon than this particular cpu. Are there 3600's that could have been binned as a 3600x? The answer is clearly yes from results published. Could all of them be binned as a 3600x? No. If the same is true at 3700x/3800x level then paying the (small) premium for a guarantee of not receiving a disappointing overclocker compared to others with "good" 3700x samples may not be such a bad purchase afterall.

TLDR - I persuaded myself to buy the 3800x over the 3700x because my 3600 sucks and won't match 3600x clocks even when watercooled.
It's not a guarantee of not receiving a disappointing overclocker its hopefully a guarantee of receiving a CPU that works at or at least near to its advertised speed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom