My new upgrade from i5 2500K

Associate
Soldato
As above - this MSI board even comes with 'Flash Back' so no need for a CPU to flash the B450 to a Zen 2 compatible BIOS - Clicky (recommend smaller 8Gb Pendrive, freshly FAT 32 formatted and only BIOS installed for flash):

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £513.43 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Soldato
Thanks for all those who replied. Was going ahead with what Plec has suggested, only discovered that the MSI B450 MB is out of stock so will hold on unless there's an alternative
OcUK haven't had stock of that board for a while - it may be worth posting in their CS forum for lead times or sourcing elsewhere.

Associate
OP
Whichever budget dictates and usage - mainly for gaming(?) - if so money saved dropping to 3600/X would be better put towards a GPU if needed in near future?
I have a Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP Extreme Spectra so maybe I better off with 3700X for future proofing and runs on 65w instead of 95w which the 3600 does. Yes, mainly for gaming in general. Also sourced the MB elsewhere

Associate
OP
Went ahead and ordered with the MB sourced elsewhere. Also, downloaded the latest BIOS and ready for update. With my GTX 1070 AMP, Super Flower Leadex GOLD 650W Fully Modular "80 Plus Gold" PSU and Acer XB240H, that should keep me happy with running the latest games in all its glory. However, know the XB240H is only a 1080P but I can live with that for the time being

Associate
OP
Right, been having nothing but problems since I install my new MB and 3700X. Power’s on but no boot. Red LED is lit with CPU fan spinning. Have updated to latest MSI bios but without success. No signal received and tried both monitors.
Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Soldato
Right, been having nothing but problems since I install my new MB and 3700X. Power’s on but no boot. Red LED is lit with CPU fan spinning. Have updated to latest MSI bios but without success. No signal received and tried both monitors.
Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
Check the MSI forums for that motherboard, lots of people in the same boat as you. There may be a fix posted there as I haven't checked for a while.

Soldato
And here's latest BIOS list for boards plus a pictorial walk through - Clicky

I would personally would use a 16gb pendrive max (preferably 8Gb) - freshly formatted (Fat 32) with only the renamed BIOS installed. I have found motherboards have less issue with smaller pendrives - 8Gb being a sweetspot.

Soldato
It’s updated but not responding. Everything is lit up but nothing on screen
What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Did you clear the CMOS after BIOS update?

A BIOS flash sometimes requires this:

i.e. Unplug from wall, press case power button to deplete residual power and then clear CMOS.

Back
Top Bottom