• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo ETA for 3900x?

Soldato
Imagine the queues on 3950X launch day after we've seen that AMD's chip supply chokes just trying to supply the lesser 3900X.

People will be there thinking it's their only chance in 2019 to get hold of a 3950X or it'll be into the eternal pre-order queue well into 2020 after launch day stock vaporises.

Associate
Is there any more information on this yet? Last details I got from OCuK was delivery this week with other details saying the 30th.

Looking elsewhere and even in this thread its not very reassuring that this will be the case, I mean I'm glad I got in when I did at 479.99 and not 529.99 but 3 weeks now I've been down a few thousand that I could be earning interest on.... lol

Soldato
Is there any more information on this yet? Last details I got from OCuK was delivery this week with other details saying the 30th.

Looking elsewhere and even in this thread its not very reassuring that this will be the case, I mean I'm glad I got in when I did at 479.99 and not 529.99 but 3 weeks now I've been down a few thousand that I could be earning interest on.... lol
Buy from somewhere that doesn't take your money until they ship. It's really bad practice to take a customers money when you have no intention of immediately shipping the item. In fact. If you don't get it in 30 days then they fall foul of distance selling regulations. Just take your business elsewhere. There is a big competitor who only take the money once shipped.

Caporegime
OP
Buy from somewhere that doesn't take your money until they ship. It's really bad practice to take a customers money when you have no intention of immediately shipping the item. In fact. If you don't get it in 30 days then they fall foul of distance selling regulations. Just take your business elsewhere. There is a big competitor who only take the money once shipped.

This...

Associate
If I've not heard anything by the end of this week that was my plan any way, don't want to cancel before then as if it does come in I should be near the top of the list due to my order date and I don't want to pay an extra £50 for the same product lol. I can't really blame OCuK for the lack of supply but I suppose I can for the above.

Never had an issue with OCuK before until now. I know I'm only a small blip in the ocean but I'm pretty sure they don't want to lose £3k's worth of business.

I'm dying to get the CWC build going and do a full build log for all the guys that have helped me and try to get my son interested in this stuff as well lol.

Permabanned
Huh, it's all silly AMD - they have the chiplets and sell it as 6-core. Takes these chiplets and make the 12-core, meanwhile sell the older Ryzen 7 2000 to the masses.
That new 6-core chiplet is meaningless, anyways.

Associate
I think by pre-ordering the product, you may have agreed otherwise. The 30 day requirement isn't always the case if specified that it will or likely take longer. It's more grey than black or white.
This is where I would fall under as when I ordered it on the 11th of July, it did say Pre-order ETA 12th of July and then they removed that ETA. So you spot on there.

All my other items are sat reserved in stock though and because of the pay pal thing not being able to split the order, I'm not even sure if I can just cancel the CPU or not but if I can thats likely what I'll end up doing and just buying the 3700X to tide me over for a year and then buy a 4900X next year if one comes along.

Soldato
I think by pre-ordering the product, you may have agreed otherwise. The 30 day requirement isn't always the case if specified that it will or likely take longer.
Suerly "pre-oredering" only applies BEFORE the product is released by the manufacturer. You aren't "pre-ordering" a 3900x now. You are buying an already released product that just happens to be out of stock.

Soldato
Suerly "pre-oredering" only applies BEFORE the product is released by the manufacturer. You aren't "pre-ordering" a 3900x now. You are buying an already released product that just happens to be out of stock.

I don't see an issue using "Pre-order" as means to order something that isn't available regardless of whether it's new or not. It means the same thing, a queue for stock.

Soldato
Pre-order is clearly the term for ordering something that is not yet released. Not buying something that is awaiting a re-stock.

I disagree, especially in this instance where all stock so far have been to reserved/pre-ordered customers.

Edit: Worth noting both main competitors are also using the same terminology.

Back
Top Bottom