• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo ETA for 3900x?

Nah, nonsense. You can just as easily gaurantee a queue position and provide concrete numbers with payment taken at shipping.

Could be, but from the same place I got that explanation it also mentions that people tend to put in multiple pre-orders at different sites if payment isn't taken up front. I can certainly believe that and it will materially affect the allocation numbers.

Aren't preorders charged at the point of dispatch, not order... just a temporary card authorisation that expires? Not sure for overclockers, but they'd be the first i'd seen to do that. If so, nobody is losing any interest. Anyway, if you're purchasing something this expensive (anything over £100) it should always be directly on a credit card to ensure section 75 rights :cool: And not through PayPal either as the credit agreement is then with them.
Well thats me screwed as I part paid with Paypal, guess im going to stick with using paypal for the likes of domino's, steam etc.... lol

At this point I am seriously debating on getting rid of the 3900X order and swapping it out for a 3700X, I'll get virtually the same gaming performance and I can wait another year to make use of the higher core count of lets say a 4900X considering AMD's talks about supporting the AM4 platform past 2020 despite the initial claim.

I just wonder that due to having part paid with paypal can I change the order without having to refund the entire invoice.

Contemplating on sending my mobo back and forgetting this gen TBH
Me too. I did pay for one here when it was £480. I have now cancelled.

I think one of the side effects of OcUK increaing their price by £50 (10%) is to discourage those who have pre-ordered from cancelling as they will feel happier in getting it at a much cheaper price no matter how long they have to wait.

I'm sticking with it as they got till the end of the week, since I already have most of the water cooling equipment I'll be building still but 3700X is looking increasingly likely.

Me too. I did pay for one here when it was £480. I have now cancelled.

I think one of the side effects of OcUK increaing their price by £50 (10%) is to discourage those who have pre-ordered from cancelling as they will feel happier in getting it at a much cheaper price no matter how long they have to wait.
Totally this. A text book tactic. Playing on people's emotional state of mind.

I’m holding out for a 3900x. The difference between a 3700x and it is more than what my whole CPU can do now so I find that quite appealing.

While the 3950x will have another 4 cores it is also going to be quite a lot more expensive as it doesn’t really have any competitor.

Going back a few years I encountered the same waiting game with Overclockers concerning the GTX1080. While the wait was agonising it wasn’t the fault of overclockers and it was quite clear that the moment they got stock it was immediately dispatched.

I have however now split my order so I can get to measuring up my water loop.

Maybe, I haven't ordered from any retailer that doesn't take the money up front for an out of stock item (as opposed to an order for a pre-release item)...

I'm somewhat of a serial purchaser from a website named after a south american rainforest :D and they certainly don't take payment until shipping when items are out of stock. Are you sure its always actually taken and not just a preauth? Often they look identical as in they effect the available balance and the transactions often show on banking apps/sites. Difference is after a set amount of days dependent on the bank it expires and vanishes. This has happened to me loads when preordering phones and such like my pixel 3. They do it to make sure you can actually afford it, before charging later.

Price gouging aside, I do think Overclockers are unfairly getting in the neck over availability. It’s absolutely nothing to do with them. I’m sure they’d love to be able to take thousands and thousands of pounds and deliver a million chips to everyone, but sadly, not possible. They’re just as frustrated as you are.

I've ended up buying a 3600x to use in the short term before my 3900x arrives... then will replace the old phenom 965 the missus uses with the 3600x along with a new mobo and ram :cool:

Aren't preorders charged at the point of dispatch, not order... just a temporary card authorisation that expires? Not sure for overclockers, but they'd be the first i'd seen to do that. If so, nobody is losing any interest. Anyway, if you're purchasing something this expensive (anything over £100) it should always be directly on a credit card to ensure section 75 rights :cool: And not through PayPal either as the credit agreement is then with them.
Its called REAL preorder and all preorders should charge full pruce on preorder day. Would stop ** Censor all swearing ** buying stuff and sellong off with prifit next day in ebay.

Preorder aka put money where moith is!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used my system three times since building it :p I'm too busy with work or doing stuff with family/friends, the system is just sitting there unused :( Went a bit mad and got caught up in the hype :p
Without meaning to deprive anyone on here of a chip. Economy wise, wouldn’t it better to put it on the bay for a nice little profit?

Back
Top Bottom