• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gibbo ETA for 3900x?

Soldato
Agreed. (greed, geddit? ;))

I've noticed this happening almost everywhere in the last week or so, especially on items like the bare-bones 3600, which is proving popular.

Thank heavens I've decided to postpone any upgrading until next Spring. No new games coming in 2019 that require this new tech., so I'll hold.
When the 3900X is going for $500 in the States which is £403 it does make you wonder where the extra £100 is going....

Soldato
When the 3900X is going for $500 in the States which is £403 it does make you wonder where the extra £100 is going....

You can buy it from the states, however, as soon as it enters the UK, you'll be hit with import duties before they will deliver it to your door, those duties are not cheap at all, it will probably end up costing you more than buying from here in the UK.

Soldato
You can buy it from the states, however, as soon as it enters the UK, you'll be hit with import duties before they will deliver it to your door, those duties are not cheap at all, it will probably end up costing you more than buying from here in the UK.
Don't I know that. Did something like that many years ago but it wasn't available in the UK so had to stump up the tax; now I would just ask my family in the States to send it if I wanted to go that route though even postage from States cost something like 3x as much as it cost for us to send the other way.

Associate
Pretty sure each state has its own take on sales tax, similar to VAT so prices vary for what people pay based on state. Its only 0-10% though rather than our 20%. Just mentioning as often people assume the dollar price on sites is the final cost which I belive it isn't for all :cool:

often importing isn't worth it, sketchy warranty and you'll be charged VAT and a customs fee that varies based on postage method (couriers proper rip you off). I once bought £30 of stuff and paid more in VAT and custom fees than the items cost

Associate
WTF is going on, the price has just gone up again. +£20 last week, +£30 this week. At this rate Intel will be the value proposition again. Is this on purpose or just a rip off tactic.

Imagine if car dealerships did this... Oh shoot, we haven't got any Audi A3s in red, better add £5000 to the price :rolleyes:

I'm rapidly being put off shopping here tbh.

Soldato
WTF is going on, the price has just gone up again. +£20 last week, +£30 this week. At this rate Intel will be the value proposition again. Is this on purpose or just a rip off tactic.

Imagine if car dealerships did this... Oh shoot, we haven't got any Audi A3s in red, better add £5000 to the price :rolleyes:

Supply and demand.

It can be had cheaper.

Soldato
I went to pre-order the 3900X on OCUK but saw the price has been put up by £50, Sorry but that is a very shady move, I'll wait for it to come down in price and order it from another shop, That's a despicable move.

Associate

I bought just after the first price increase. Happy that I did as I can see the prices to continue to go up. Saying that, I think AMD is actually shooting themselves in the foot by not meeting demand.

Soldato
That's an enablers response. Another way to put it is ripping people off, extortion, price fixing etc.

This also damages AMDs image in the eyes of consumers as any price increase will be looked at as their decision, not the retailer.

If two retailers are selling £40 difference, I think it's clear that it's the retailer and not the manufacturer.

I'm shocked that people are shocked.

Associate
I went to pre-order the 3900X on OCUK but saw the price has been put up by £50, Sorry but that is a very shady move, I'll wait for it to come down in price and order it from another shop, That's a despicable move.

Exactly, but even when it does come down in price, I will be unlikely to buy from here now. This place is one of the worst I've seen for taking advantage of their customers loyalty. I can buy my own Haribo with the money I save :p

Soldato
Exactly, but even when it does come down in price, I will be unlikely to buy from here now. This place is one of the worst I've seen for taking advantage of their customers loyalty. I can buy my own Haribo with the money I save :p

If the price comes back down I may give OCUK a fair look but I can't stand it when stores take advantage of customers like this, I find it truly despicable.

Associate
I bought just after the first price increase. Happy that I did as I can see the prices to continue to go up. Saying that, I think AMD is actually shooting themselves in the foot by not meeting demand.

Remember that the same core chiplets are being used in everything from server to desktop. AMD are probably making tons of these things but their priority will be server I guess.

Plus, they've never been in this position, at least not for a long time, where demand has been so high for their CPUs. I imagine it has overwhelmed them somewhat. That's not an excuse, just a factor to consider :p

Associate
Remember that the same core chiplets are being used in everything from server to desktop. AMD are probably making tons of these things but their priority will be server I guess.

Plus, they've never been in this position, at least not for a long time, where demand has been so high for their CPUs. I imagine it has overwhelmed them somewhat. That's not an excuse, just a factor to consider :p

I can understand a couple weeks or so delay but this is getting silly. Some stores are reporting months before they have stock and I find that totally unacceptable. AMD has a chance to really win people over but they are failing pretty hard with meeting the demand.

Back
Top Bottom