• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Personally really like the Evoke :D

Powercolor looks like a chonky boi with a nice big cooler, but doesn't look very special, just another generic geometric black shroud.

Associate
That reminds me, I've not posted my pic yet. Waiting for my entire build to be actually functional first.

BTW, that MSI 5700XT Evoke looks horrid. Not sure what they were thinking with a golden colour. On the other hand, the PowerColor 5700XT Red Devil looks nice.

Are we really expecting much more performance out of the AIB offerings?

I fancy that cream-colored MSI. But at the end of the day, i'll stick it in a black metal box and close the lid; so the aesthetics bears no importance. I believe so far only the Powercolor comes in at the coveted $399 pricepoint.

Associate
the amd 5700xt is a waste of money just shut the game down or shut the pc down is going on ebay and they nothing wrong with my pc

i have

intel i9 9900k
corsair 16gb 3200mhz
corsair 850w power supply

Associate
the amd 5700xt is a waste of money just shut the game down or shut the pc down is going on ebay and they nothing wrong with my pc

i have

intel i9 9900k
corsair 16gb 3200mhz
corsair 850w power supply

Friendly word of warning, if you knowingly sell a faulty item on the bay, then make sure you actually list it as faulty... otherwise you'll be in deep *****.

Soldato
@Panos Yes using AMD XConnect Technology.
Using my Dell XPS 15 - 9560. (DDU the internal NVidia 1050.)
Thunderbolt 3 to the enclosure then displayport to my Asus MG279 with range 30 to 90 Hz Freesync.
Works like a charm but not sure about using the USB on the enclosure yet as the laptop doesn't have full speed (40GBps) Thunderbolt 3 bandwidth.

What enclosure is that?

Associate
So far these aib 5700XT's are pretty overpriced imo.

With a tuned fan curve and an undervolt, my card runs at 1850-1950MHz and caps out around 70C, after a few hours gaming.

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
See the 5700 XT Rog Strix is now up for pre-order at £100 more than the reference card. Cheaper to buy a ref card and after market cooler.

I think thats what @Martini1991 predicted and would appear to be the smarter short term move, however if it doesnt yield any better clocks it may not be worth it unless your wanting quieter room on intense sessions.

Back
Top Bottom