• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
Interesting the auto undervolt works with total stability?

The noise isn't a huge deal for me I always game with headphones on anyway and if it's only air noise that doesn't "penetrate" my headphones, prefered to high pitched whining since I can hear that even with headphones lol.

I didn't had any issue with the Auto-undervolt feature. It lowers the card to 1132mv (at least the AE), and everything is fine the last 2 weeks having the card.

Associate
I didn't had any issue with the Auto-undervolt feature. It lowers the card to 1132mv (at least the AE), and everything is fine the last 2 weeks having the card.

Cool, well you've convinced me haha.

I feel a bit better about Navi than going for the V64 knowing that the new consoles are going to be Navi based I think it makes more sense future proof wise. And my H400 has pretty decent airflow, everything has been very cool so far so I can't see it being to much of a problem.

I struggle to justify the 5700XT once the AiBs are pushing it over £400

Soldato
Cool, well you've convinced me haha.

I feel a bit better about Navi than going for the V64 knowing that the new consoles are going to be Navi based I think it makes more sense future proof wise. And my H400 has pretty decent airflow, everything has been very cool so far so I can't see it being to much of a problem.

I struggle to justify the 5700XT once the AiBs are pushing it over £400

Just wait two weeks.

Associate
Not on either side here but just a quick note on the comparative noise issue - the scale in decibel measurement isn't linear - the 3 points difference between the 2070S at the top of the graph and the highlighted 5700XT means the 5700XT is twice as loud not slightly louder or similar. This doesn't speak to quality of sound produced or acceptability of that sound that is usually much more subjective.

Associate
Just wait two weeks.

Problem is I have no computer till I get a GPU, and I can't go over £400, so its either this or a Nitro+ V64 and with consoles being based on Navi going forward I feel like this is the smarter choice.

I'll see how it goes if it's super hot/throttling causing problems I'll have to re-evaluate I guess, but seems like at £375 the price/performance is pretty good.

Soldato
Problem is I have no computer till I get a GPU, and I can't go over £400, so its either this or a Nitro+ V64 and with consoles being based on Navi going forward I feel like this is the smarter choice.

I'll see how it goes if it's super hot/throttling causing problems I'll have to re-evaluate I guess, but seems like at £375 the price/performance is pretty good.

No Nitro V64 ain't worth the money atm. 5700XT is better card.

Associate
No Nitro V64 ain't worth the money atm. 5700XT is better card.

Yeah I only considered it because it's reduced to £299 atm, but ultimately I think the 5700XT is going to have a lot more legs on it, especially given that I intend to switch up to a 1440p screen, in the next few months if I can sell my current one haha.

Soldato
Yeah I only considered it because it's reduced to £299 atm, but ultimately I think the 5700XT is going to have a lot more legs on it, especially given that I intend to switch up to a 1440p screen, in the next few months if I can sell my current one haha.

If you play SWTOR get the 5700XT. Vega 64 you need to make custom profile and run the card with P7 state as minimum. Otherwise the performance is appalling, and the card would be working at 500mhz.
While at P7 state wouldn't be cutting power then needed, trying to force the clocks to their max.
Same issues had with other games also like ESO which is partially based on the same Hero Engine.

Associate
If you play SWTOR get the 5700XT. Vega 64 you need to make custom profile and run the card with P7 state as minimum. Otherwise the performance is appalling, and the card would be working at 500mhz.
While at P7 state wouldn't be cutting power then needed, trying to force the clocks to their max.
Same issues had with other games also like ESO which is partially based on the same Hero Engine.

Oh I didn't know that, interesting, more points for the 5700XT I guess, I play a few different MMOs as well so if's a hero engine problem it would probably appear in a few.

Yeah Swtor has been one of my main games over the years, waiting for the expac in september hehe.

Playing around with Anthem atm and a few others.

Caporegime
Having properly returned to use my stock my 5700XT, I'm happy to report that AMD's fixed the voltage bug at 4K that used to exist in Vega 64.
So when playing Shadow Of War, my 5700XT would do the 1075mv I had set.,

Associate
Picked up a couple of the Sapphire 5700`s, XT for me as my R9 390 strix was artifacting for the last month or so and a vanilla 5700 for my son, no complaints at all with both these cards.

Mine is quieter than my 390 easily, even when ramped up, the 5700 for my son is also ideal because he is a "Kevin" (from Kevin & Perry) seriously he IS a Kevin!! so the blower is ideal, and is replacing a 7950 that was overheating (doughnut remnants in the case fans)
Noise for him is a non issue completely, he uses a gaming headset (glued to his head) and would not even notice if an earthquake hit and the house fell down around him.

(XT)In everyday use noise simply is not an issue, with the odd game I play there is no fan noise just a loudish whoosh of air, if it does get annoying I can stick it under water or I have a sapphire 290 cooler I could try, will not be trying the 390 cooler as that is worse than the stock cooler, both in cooling (vrm`s) and noise.

Only issue I have come across so far is that I tend to run a DVB-TV in a window most of the time and the resolution in that is fuzzy (like playing a low res game with no AA) nothing I tried will fix it so far, hope a driver update will fix this.

Soldato
I expect lofty pricing for the Strix series. As we converge toward the $500 line, the 2070s becomes ever more appealing.

maybe, maybe not. need to test these cards first there is obviously a reason most aibs have whacked three fans and a whacking great heat sink on.

The Toxic will be the king of all navi cards and that one will be watercooled only :)

Associate
When Asus 2070S are going for £600? :rolleyes:
From observing some tests the FE seems more than capable. As for brands/aesthetics, I don't care about tribalism. A $400 AIB solution with sufficient cooling to support MPT OC is indeed a good deal. But that's about where I draw the line. Even though one part of me wants to wait until black friday/xmas for the 5800xt (based on an educated guess).

Soldato
Today the temps in Greece scaled back from the 45C to 28C. Room temp is now 25C. The 5700XT AE is operating at ~2000Mhz like before, with auto undervolt, the temp is 62C and the fan RPM stuck 1800.
Idk about the non AE, but at 1800rpm the reference cooler is quiet, cannot even hear the air pushing on the back. On Balance Mode the Noctua D15 sound is more prominent.
And anyone having a D15 knows how quiet it is even on higher RPM.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom