Aqua Computer Aquaero Owners thread

Associate
If you use either of the Splittys, they are dumb devices, they just let you connect lots of fans to a single Aquaero channel and control all of them as one group. The reference to Aquabus on the Splitty9 is just that you can also use it to split an Aquabus connection instead (not as well) as a fan connection.
The only way you'd get an additional four channels would be either a slave Aquaero (5LT, 5, 6LT or 6) or a Quadro. I'm not sure whether the Quadro is the same dimensions as a PowerAdjust so I'm not sure if it would fit on a PowerAdjust mounting or not.
If you don't need PWM and need exactly 6 channels, a pair of PowerAdjusts would fit on the bezel you have. Would cost a fiver more and not give you any spare channels...but would fit.
so reality is then that there isnt anything i can do except buy another aquaero? the quadro says online that it can only control fans via PWM so normal fans wont work, but even if it did i still wouldnt have more than 4 total fan headers?

Soldato
You seem to be right about the PWM only on the Quadro - sorry that's not something I'd spotted.
If you want four additional channels, yes the only thing you can do is buy another Aquaero....but it doesn't need to be a full version with a screen, it can be an LT version which are cheaper: 5LT @ £50, B-grade 6LT @ £70 or 6LT @ £90. I'll grant you that it's somewhat luck of the draw but I've had nothing but good stuff from OCUK's B-grade items.

If you only need to additional channels, you can get two [ulrl=[URL]https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aqua-computer-poweradjust-3-usb-standard-version-wc-278-aq.html]PowerAdjust3[/URL] Standard's[/url] @ £26 each and they will mount to the bezel you've already got.
If you've not already got fans, you could also consider PWM for some of them and run those off a Quadro. I personally haven't had any issues with clicking from them at low speed but to be fair, the only three I have are venting a server cupboard with an inch-thick door on it and they're relatively few in number and running much closer to full speed. Just another option.

Associate
You seem to be right about the PWM only on the Quadro - sorry that's not something I'd spotted.
If you want four additional channels, yes the only thing you can do is buy another Aquaero....but it doesn't need to be a full version with a screen, it can be an LT version which are cheaper: 5LT @ £50, B-grade 6LT @ £70 or 6LT @ £90. I'll grant you that it's somewhat luck of the draw but I've had nothing but good stuff from OCUK's B-grade items.

If you only need to additional channels, you can get two [ulrl=[URL]https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aqua-computer-poweradjust-3-usb-standard-version-wc-278-aq.html]PowerAdjust3[/URL] Standard's[/url] @ £26 each and they will mount to the bezel you've already got.
If you've not already got fans, you could also consider PWM for some of them and run those off a Quadro. I personally haven't had any issues with clicking from them at low speed but to be fair, the only three I have are venting a server cupboard with an inch-thick door on it and they're relatively few in number and running much closer to full speed. Just another option.
id quite like the extra 4 channels rather than the 2 and for £25 each i think its probably best to go with a second aquaro. ill get one with the screen then atleast i can have the 2 stacked on display that might look quite nice, cheers for the help.

my next issue is assignable leds and controller for them as i need over 5 meters of it and the quadro only allows for 64 leds lol nothing but problems lol

Associate
Can someone point me in right direction how to assaign some profiles or any other action/function to F1 F2 F3 F4 buttons on xt6 front panel?
Changing profiles for summer winter would be nice if it possible to attach those actions for those buttons.
Thanks

Soldato
Can someone point me in right direction how to assaign some profiles or any other action/function to F1 F2 F3 F4 buttons on xt6 front panel?
Changing profiles for summer winter would be nice if it possible to attach those actions for those buttons.
Thanks
Welcome aboard.

Not sure if they can be directly connected to activation of profile.
User interface > Keys > Programmable keys is where their actions are controlled.
But you can change profiles from menu opened by right side middle key.

Associate
Hi got a question about the aquarium 6 fan controllers. For years I’ve always run around 18 3pin fans split between the 4 channels on the controller just fine.
However I’m currently building a large integrated pc desk so decided I’m going to buy 10 Corsair ll140 fans and they are pwm controlled I believe. So my questions is this

1. Can I simply plug the new fans in a 4 pin splitter and spread them over the 4 fan channels?

2. If so can they also be mixed on the same channel with standard 3 pin fans that are not pwm?

What I currently have set up is 3 radiators,
1 radiator with 3x120 fans in push
1 radiator with 2x140fans in push and 2xfans in pull
1 radiator with 3x140fans in push and 3xfans in pull
What I want to change is 3x120 fans outside the desk to ll120 fans
And the 5x140 internal fans to the ll140 fans
Essentially that means that the radiators will have new fans in push and old fans in pull which isn’t ideal as they are different but I can’t afford to change all the fans as there is 2 computers in this build so I’d need 26 fans costing a fortune.

Soldato
You'd probably be best to group PWM and voltage-controlled (3-pin) fans together in channels if logic (eg fans in same rad) or aesthetics allows. If not, there shouldn't be any reason you can't group them together as a mixed group but you'd have to run the group as voltage controlled - ie treat them all as 3-pin - or the 3-pin fans will just run at full speed.

Where possible (in the ideal world in which you've already said you don't live ;) ) you want fans of the same spec (ideally identical) on the same channel simply because you can only have speed readout in rpm from ONE fan per group. If they are identical, it is reasonable (but not guaranteed, of course) to assume that all fans in the group are running at that speed. However if they're very different, the same voltage (or PWM speed) may produce very different speeds.

Soldato
2. If so can they also be mixed on the same channel with standard 3 pin fans that are not pwm?
That would mean need to use voltage control.
While likely most fans change speed also with voltage, behaviour can vary and not scale linearly.
(and for Corsair ML fans voltage control is big no)

Also when having fans in series it's best to have similar fans.
Otherwise even matching RPMs becomes harder, because different design fans behave differently leading to inbalanced sharing of workload between them.
And who knows what kind noise causing interaction that can cause in between them.

I’d need 26 fans costing a fortune.
Depends entirely on fans/how much bloat there's in price...

Associate
You'd probably be best to group PWM and voltage-controlled (3-pin) fans together in channels if logic (eg fans in same rad) or aesthetics allows. If not, there shouldn't be any reason you can't group them together as a mixed group but you'd have to run the group as voltage controlled - ie treat them all as 3-pin - or the 3-pin fans will just run at full speed.

Where possible (in the ideal world in which you've already said you don't live ;) ) you want fans of the same spec (ideally identical) on the same channel simply because you can only have speed readout in rpm from ONE fan per group. If they are identical, it is reasonable (but not guaranteed, of course) to assume that all fans in the group are running at that speed. However if they're very different, the same voltage (or PWM speed) may produce very different speeds.
I can group them sort of but that in turn will create a problem, 2 rads are on the flu and 1 rad is on the cpu. The rad on the cpu will have 3 new fans on the front and 3 old fans on the back so I can run 2 channels for them not an issue,
The front gpu rad has only 3 new fans so that can go on a separate channel again not a problem leaving 1 free channel, the last rad on the gpu has 2 new on the front and 2 old on the back so the only option I see there then is to run the new front ones in the channel controlling the other gpu rad so there will be 5 new ones on that and then use the last channel to run the last 2 old fans, this in turn creates the problem of when the new fans spin on the other channel they won’t run the same speed as the old fan channel unless I have one new channel fan rpm mimic from the old one.
I don’t need them to even be pwm anyway to be honest as it won’t get that hot my fans never used to run even half load as each loop contains over 2ltr of coolant and I live in the uk so it doesn’t get hot enough and it’s like a 1.5m long desk build.
Do you recommend not running pwm at all and run them all voltage controlled?

I like the look of the Corsair ll fans and get are expensive unfortunately otherwise I’d buy all new at once and not need to worry but the desk has already cost quite a bit as you can imagine

Soldato
Most (if not all) fan splitters will run the fans in parallel rather than in series. If it were in series, they'd run slower the more fans you put on a channel as the voltage would be split - probably unevenly as you say.
I've not tried specific PWM fans on voltage control but certainly Noctua (fan manufacturer) say it is possible and they're not alone. I can see it being a problem if the fan has LEDs though as they may dim or not work at all. If you already have the fans and the Aquaero, you could always try it (unless specific fan manufacturer says not to) and see what happens.
Could you not run either 6 new fans on the cpu rad or 6 old and group them as one channel? Alternatively, are you aware of just how little gain you get from running push/pull? Have a read of some testing somewhere like here as the added complexity, cost, noise and space may just not be worth it. Just a thought.

It is possible to add channels to an Aquaero. You can run a PowerAdjust (standard version is fine - Aquaero does the control) to add a single voltage-control channel or you could add a Quadro to add four PWM channels.

Associate
Most (if not all) fan splitters will run the fans in parallel rather than in series. If it were in series, they'd run slower the more fans you put on a channel as the voltage would be split - probably unevenly as you say.
I've not tried specific PWM fans on voltage control but certainly Noctua (fan manufacturer) say it is possible and they're not alone. I can see it being a problem if the fan has LEDs though as they may dim or not work at all. If you already have the fans and the Aquaero, you could always try it (unless specific fan manufacturer says not to) and see what happens.
Could you not run either 6 new fans on the cpu rad or 6 old and group them as one channel? Alternatively, are you aware of just how little gain you get from running push/pull? Have a read of some testing somewhere like here as the added complexity, cost, noise and space may just not be worth it. Just a thought.

It is possible to add channels to an Aquaero. You can run a PowerAdjust (standard version is fine - Aquaero does the control) to add a single voltage-control channel or you could add a Quadro to add four PWM channels.
I can’t run all new on one group as you would see old and new fans in the desk making it look unsightly, I understand push pull is overkill it’s purely done again for aesthetic in the build to add bulk and character. I’d post a picture for reference but I’m not sure how to as I need to host a picture or something?
I can group them to make them run on the 4 channels I have just not sure if having pwm on one side of the rad with standard on the other will cause issues for the new fans and strain them or vice versa. The old fans will be behind the desk and on the side where they won’t be noticed so saves me buying more. If only I could get sponsored and solve all my problems

Soldato
To post pictures, you'd need to host them somewhere publicly accessible - places like PhotoBucket used to be popular but I believe they have now started charging - and then post a link to them using the image button (looks like a landscape next to the smiley face) above the post.
To get sponsored, you're definitely going to need to be posting images and attracting a lot of interest. Mostly you're going to have to have had high-ish profile projects behind you already but it's been known for some particularly interesting and promising projects to get sponsored. It's got to be something that basically acts like an advert for the sponsor.
Yeah, aesthetics always complicates things. You shouldn't have trouble with PWM on one side and voltage control on the other; they both achieve the same thing, but in theory PWM does it better (should be able to spin slower as it should have more torque due to full voltage being applied but in shorter bursts). I say in theory because it entirely depends on how well it is implemented; it's more complicated and not everyone has managed to be compatible with everyone else. I'm not sure it would even matter particularly if they weren't spinning at the same speed front and back - logically it should be more ideal if they were but it's not going to completely fail and you may even find that you deliberately run them at different speeds until you find what works the quietest.
An off-the-wall idea for you. If the rear fans are only for aesthetics and not performance, you could leave them unconnected - you're not, by the sounds of it, going to see them not-spinning - and it'd save you some wiring! :D

Soldato
I can’t run all new on one group as you would see old and new fans in the desk making it look unsightly, I understand push pull is overkill it’s purely done again for aesthetic in the build to add bulk and character. I’d post a picture for reference but I’m not sure how to as I need to host a picture or something?
I can group them to make them run on the 4 channels I have just not sure if having pwm on one side of the rad with standard on the other will cause issues for the new fans and strain them or vice versa. The old fans will be behind the desk and on the side where they won’t be noticed so saves me buying more. If only I could get sponsored and solve all my problems
PowerAdjust 3 can be used to add channel into Aquaero.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aqua-computer-poweradjust-3-usb-standard-version-wc-278-aq.html
You could chain multiple of those for more extra channels.
Though those support only voltage control.

Associate
AF1QipNCdtumBD2dTsAX4uVirYP2UMrky_YFDB5jhMwa

Not sure if the picture worked I gave it a shot from google photos but I don’t hold much luck ha
To post pictures, you'd need to host them somewhere publicly accessible - places like PhotoBucket used to be popular but I believe they have now started charging - and then post a link to them using the image button (looks like a landscape next to the smiley face) above the post.
To get sponsored, you're definitely going to need to be posting images and attracting a lot of interest. Mostly you're going to have to have had high-ish profile projects behind you already but it's been known for some particularly interesting and promising projects to get sponsored. It's got to be something that basically acts like an advert for the sponsor.
Yeah, aesthetics always complicates things. You shouldn't have trouble with PWM on one side and voltage control on the other; they both achieve the same thing, but in theory PWM does it better (should be able to spin slower as it should have more torque due to full voltage being applied but in shorter bursts). I say in theory because it entirely depends on how well it is implemented; it's more complicated and not everyone has managed to be compatible with everyone else. I'm not sure it would even matter particularly if they weren't spinning at the same speed front and back - logically it should be more ideal if they were but it's not going to completely fail and you may even find that you deliberately run them at different speeds until you find what works the quietest.
An off-the-wall idea for you. If the rear fans are only for aesthetics and not performance, you could leave them unconnected - you're not, by the sounds of it, going to see them not-spinning - and it'd save you some wiring! :D
AF1QipNCdtumBD2dTsAX4uVirYP2UMrky_YFDB5jhMwa

Soldato
Very nice. Clearly this isn't your first rodeo! Also, can't imagine why you've no money left for fans! ;)

The image link didn't work because that's not a link to an image; it's a link to a webpage with an image on it. It's possible to pull out the image address from the source but that's assuming, of course, that it's a fixed address - ie it doesn't change. Slap the following in image tags and it ought to work:

Code:
[img]
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/2ay4Zeyue45HSbOyPsRA-81DaSH_eqwopXJ4g1YK2lMRDm78faAbcye8JTe5Y3wFnK7vo40uBM3IvT55WqUO7WQpeyH-qhmfV1VK_-YeO8UshCOlypi95F0mRGATWsoh1zLwj1UJPovBjvcMIFQ3Cjtxu0Dgd0g7F_psVlgQTSdouOiPbo-YeLg0rhNxnf3yTTpvjrZBicsHg6bdtmyU4r8awrLNer_xNnG8WIkOdkNeI0qo8jh6POwxZP33oP1ydONxTVC949ygyviB-8ojaQdCXdFjnjr8l4VJqO1pZLtZYFSUBdzx9VFEsSBFLApu2sKysWUkmYfJj0Sh_78vn2iezZTha557KKXtrZfD0ilg0sBG6H0b59ajVxTCqUhM5yXyDnImnVFFIA1oVLnwpk92k3EhehU4Ne92PGn8-f61r-VwyHtZ1CqSr-Ac75rRgFgYDPUZnuF8YAYyN7UTCLcq4udvalHCXuksgJ0cC892ZQQ74FRW1AMJeESDj4pYoN87zIjsWg7z-NpqxmA5mlu29phXRN0tGaavSmHmyy3MKo_S_cvbQBpWD2oUwrrno9Ltb7bi830FtCuiBKuXo6Ev43S8pxEzozHB4SfpPrV9F_wESh3Di8mV87B7MfTq9m9fvyqK5R9AlsnQgAeymiT2MISjy-N1GQ8N3vnje88xBkbCROkBjoPbH6mRV-bZzkqS8KxNaLeFwUMnrHmttfmI=w796-h1061-no
[/img]

Just mind you stay within the permitted size for posted images or it'll get removed by the moderators.

Associate
YtXDroHDEbMr1Kan8

Very nice. Clearly this isn't your first rodeo! Also, can't imagine why you've no money left for fans! ;)

The image link didn't work because that's not a link to an image; it's a link to a webpage with an image on it. It's possible to pull out the image address from the source but that's assuming, of course, that it's a fixed address - ie it doesn't change. Slap the following in image tags and it ought to work:

Code:
[img]
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/2ay4Zeyue45HSbOyPsRA-81DaSH_eqwopXJ4g1YK2lMRDm78faAbcye8JTe5Y3wFnK7vo40uBM3IvT55WqUO7WQpeyH-qhmfV1VK_-YeO8UshCOlypi95F0mRGATWsoh1zLwj1UJPovBjvcMIFQ3Cjtxu0Dgd0g7F_psVlgQTSdouOiPbo-YeLg0rhNxnf3yTTpvjrZBicsHg6bdtmyU4r8awrLNer_xNnG8WIkOdkNeI0qo8jh6POwxZP33oP1ydONxTVC949ygyviB-8ojaQdCXdFjnjr8l4VJqO1pZLtZYFSUBdzx9VFEsSBFLApu2sKysWUkmYfJj0Sh_78vn2iezZTha557KKXtrZfD0ilg0sBG6H0b59ajVxTCqUhM5yXyDnImnVFFIA1oVLnwpk92k3EhehU4Ne92PGn8-f61r-VwyHtZ1CqSr-Ac75rRgFgYDPUZnuF8YAYyN7UTCLcq4udvalHCXuksgJ0cC892ZQQ74FRW1AMJeESDj4pYoN87zIjsWg7z-NpqxmA5mlu29phXRN0tGaavSmHmyy3MKo_S_cvbQBpWD2oUwrrno9Ltb7bi830FtCuiBKuXo6Ev43S8pxEzozHB4SfpPrV9F_wESh3Di8mV87B7MfTq9m9fvyqK5R9AlsnQgAeymiT2MISjy-N1GQ8N3vnje88xBkbCROkBjoPbH6mRV-bZzkqS8KxNaLeFwUMnrHmttfmI=w796-h1061-no
[/img]

Just mind you stay within the permitted size for posted images or it'll get removed by the moderators.
How did you pull the image code from the picture? I’m on a iPhone and all instructions say to right click the pic and select copy img url but there’s no right click on phones haha. I created the album to share so as long as I don’t change it there’s no reason I see for the address to change. I really need to post the whole build to be honest I just always get stuck in and forget to post, plus I’m not really a blogger so I’ve no idea with stuff like that.
Most of the stuff is from my old rig so I didn’t have to lay out for components but all the cables and building the desk etc mounts up, luckily the second pc that will be going in is my sons so again that saves on cost.

Back to the matter at hand anyways thank you for starters for the help.
I wanted to change the fans inside now rather than wait as I don’t want to strip all the pc out once it’s filled just to change them but if I want to change the outside ones I have to only remove the fan guard from the outside so that’s easy, saying that I think I’ll just put new fans on there own channels and old fans on separate channels and just mimic fan speed curves ect

Soldato
No problem. You'll get more limited options on an iPhone (or any phone) but if you're on a desktop/laptop you should get the option to copy the URL or view the page source - and that's where I pulled out the image URL. I would assume that Google are deliberately making it harder because they don't want to be an uncredited image host.

Have a good read through some of the project pages and then start your own. There's not a set way it must be done; everyone has their own style. Pictures are key because it's very unlikely people are going to read pages of raw text...but the pictures catch your eye, keep you engaged and encourage you to read the details.

Associate
I am just doing a build for client using new Corsair stuff and the pump/res combo has a 4 pin connector along with the moles power- would an AE6 fan channel be able to control the pumps speed- power sorted by molex?
Thx

Back
Top Bottom