Aqua Computer Aquaero Owners thread

Soldato
Yes. Be sure to buy the cable for it too though. It looks like a fan connector in the picture but the pins are a different size...and it's not included for some reason. Plugs into the 'flow' port on the Aquaero. Only one sensor possible so if you wanted two (for a dual loop) you'd either have to make the second one the high-flown USB (which also has Aquabus on it) or add a PowerAdjust which has another flow port on it.

Soldato
I just ordered it and didn't realise I needed a separate cable (why wouldn't they include it, that's a bit stupid :mad:).

Could you link me to the cable, please?

I agree it's daft that it isn't included. What's worse is that I cannot find it on OCUK's site anymore. The Aquabus cable will be the wrong size of pin - not big enough and too close together. The cable you need is "Aqua Computer 71044" if you want to search for it.

Soldato
No problem. Might be worth asking OCUK on the off-chance it's just AWoL on their site and they can just post you one. FWIW Aqua Computer are very good for warranty (as are OCUK, of course) but I'm not sure you'd swing this as such. Granted though, it's madness not to include the cable when it is guaranteed to be something you don't already have.

Associate
String, I cant seem to find it as I did have one which I took out of my Enthoo Primo build into the Evolv X build I've recently done but cant seem to find it along with my spare Splitty, Farbwerk and D5 pump- I will look further and let u know if I find anything- sorry about that

Soldato
String, I cant seem to find it as I did have one which I took out of my Enthoo Primo build into the Evolv X build I've recently done but cant seem to find it along with my spare Splitty, Farbwerk and D5 pump- I will look further and let u know if I find anything- sorry about that

I appreciate the effort, mate. I called the shop today but they won't be stocking the cable.

Very frustrating.

Soldato
I've bit the bullet and ordered the cable, I ordered some other bits and bobs so helped numb the blow of delivery costs :)

It's been a bit disappointing, but I suppose it has to be filed under "1st world problems".

Next question: what optimal flow rate an I looking for?

Soldato
To be honest, suck it and see. The main thing you want to monitor is that there IS flow. I tend to have my pumps turned down to where they're quiet - much like the fans. I don't see any difference in temps between full pelt (250l/h from dual 18W DDCs) and about half that. I've got my monitoring set to whinge if it's below 50l/h as there's clearly a problem if that happens....but the temps aren't affected much. Check out what you get and test your temps at different flows. I suspect you'll not see much difference once you're over the minimum required trickle.

Soldato
You can beat yourself up about pressure drops and flowrates etc until your sanity leaks out your ears. Truth is that you're only going to get a realistic idea of how a loop performs by building it and seeing what happens. Maybe you'll see a difference by increasing flow if you don't really have enough rads to cope....but honestly I'd be surprised if you see as much as two degrees difference with varying flow rates. Try it, see for yourself the difference - that's the beauty of the Aquaero; it lets you put all your paranoia to rest.

I've got a simple loop with GPU, CPU, Rad and Res. It takes two 18W DDCs to get as high as a gallon an hour. Is it necessary? No. Only got them for the redundancy and the overkill. Only need them at full power if trying to run a fountain!

Similarly, you may look at temperature sensors at different points in the loop because it's going to be colder aferathe rads, right? Nope. It all reached an equilibrium and any differences are below the level of inaccuracy of the sensors you'll be using (up to 3°C isn't unexpected).

Associate
Similarly, you may look at temperature sensors at different points in the loop because it's going to be colder aferathe rads, right? Nope. It all reached an equilibrium and any differences are below the level of inaccuracy of the sensors you'll be using (up to 3°C isn't unexpected).

Agree, I've only had a single water temperature sensor until recently. The only reason I have two is because I bought a second intending to replace the first (plug versus inline) but due to loop changes ended up using the second anyway, for fun and redundancy. They're only 0.2C apart so I take the average of both so if it suddenly spikes I know one is potentially broken. One is mounted in base of the reservoir (plug) and the other in the drain tube (inline).

Soldato
Actually, in a dual loop system is it important to have both pumps at the same speed? The best set up for my system would be the internal pump @ 50% and the external pump running @ 100% as I can't hear it.

Would it be detrimental to have 1 pump running much slower than the other?

Soldato
The maths checks out....I just don't think it's a realistic or necessary target. It's not impossible, I cannot it with a pair of DDCs but I can get equally good temps at lower flow rates and do so to reduce pump noise (one is, irritatingly, louder than the other and I run them at different speeds to avoid adding the noise together - constructive interference)

Soldato
String: if you're talking dual-loop they are independent so as long as your temps are fine, the flow rates can be different. Also fine if the loops share a res. My pumps are serial (dual top) and I don't have a problem running them at slightly different speeds (3222 and 3567 rpm currently). Given that the idea is to tolerate the failure of one, it should be fine but efficiency may be lost if too different I suspect.

Back
Top Bottom