• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BF5 with AMD Using Rx570 -Ray Tracing

Soldato
I'm dling BF5 now and will give this a go on a 5700xt, will be intresting to see if it works and what performance i get

Soldato
Off 12gT7Bc.jpg

On 9iwiH6B.jpg

Not sure if this is actually RTX, or whats going on, drops fps by about 20 when on, I don't know the game or maps well enough to really show it off

Soldato
Off 12gT7Bc.jpg

On 9iwiH6B.jpg

Not sure if this is actually RTX, or whats going on, drops fps by about 20 when on, I don't know the game or maps well enough to really show it off

Yes it is. Somehow i feel the performance drop is smaller than the 2070S with RTX on..... :D

Can you go to that scene and show a screenshot and how much fps you get?

Soldato
From the screenshots it only looked like the puddle had better reflections in and thats about it, the lighting on all other things look the same bright light i couldnt tell where any better lighting was on any other object/texture. If thats all it does meh whats the point. The point of ray tracing to me is more realistic lighting on all things in the game world and more natural looking insead of fake light thats overbright or underlit etc and changes based on the surface material of the object.

Soldato
From the screenshots it only looked like the puddle had better reflections in and thats about it, the lighting on all other things look the same bright light i couldnt tell where any better lighting was on any other object/texture. If thats all it does meh whats the point. The point of ray tracing to me is more realistic lighting on all things in the game world and more natural looking insead of fake light thats overbright or underlit etc and changes based on the surface material of the object.

In Battlefield 5 only reflection are ray traced. It's not like other games that also use GI
In the video in OP they defo a change in reflections what I dont understand and is why i am questioning if this really does work is the performance.

Soldato
Is the game actually any good?
It's awful don't buy it, and yeah they gimped the hell of of ray tracing in this didnt they? puddles look good and that black car.

How do I get to one of these fancy looking buildings with an inside shot and shiny floor?

@Panos Which scene and how do I get there?

Soldato
Reflections isnt that hard to make nice looking, look at gta 5 on the cars with high refections turned on it looks great, cant say i noticed anything on a puddle for example tho but meh who pays 100s to look at a puddle. :D

But if the whole topic is mainly about the low fps difference then yeah i guess its nice bit of eye candy for little fps difference. Tho its just a shader which turns up the res of the reflection im guessing. Not really sure i think the thing should be called ray tracing tho.

Associate
I’ll have a look in a bit, there are some ray traced videos by you tubers explaining the differences. I’ll have a look and compare.

Bf5 is only reflection raytracing. But it does set a president that it can easily be done. So may see others (hopefully metro) in the near future!

Soldato
Managed to find an empty server, whats with no being able to host your own, and then people were joining me O_o, anyway

Off
bVri9Dx.jpg
On
cJVUJE7.jpg

Off
YJ7v7Xw.jpg

On
dJg0EZg.jpg

Soldato
Reflections isnt that hard to make nice looking, look at gta 5 on the cars with high refections turned on it looks great, cant say i noticed anything on a puddle for example tho but meh who pays 100s to look at a puddle. :D

But if the whole topic is mainly about the low fps difference then yeah i guess its nice bit of eye candy for little fps difference. Tho its just a shader which turns up the res of the reflection im guessing. Not really sure i think the thing should be called ray tracing tho.

Games have had excellent looking shadows for years now but they are done with limitations like Screen Spaced Reflections only show the refection on the screen if you move the camera around off centred then the reflections disappear. Ray Tracing fixes this.

Soldato
Can someone go to a building with its glass still in tacted and see if the players reflection shows in the glass. This will 100% confirm if Ray Tracing is indeed working on AMD in this game.

Associate
Can someone go to a building with its glass still in tacted and see if the players reflection shows in the glass. This will 100% confirm if Ray Tracing is indeed working on AMD in this game.

This. And also does the reflection change depending on the surface I.e. mirrored glass vs less reflective surface (the panels on the black cars is good for this) and in single player find an explosive barrel near a puddle or something and see if the explosion/flames are reflected.

Back
Top Bottom