Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Soldato
48448550817_72c0c2858f_b.jpg

48448550862_d1975c170c_b.jpg

Soldato
Here is a cool little setup for those lacking space like me, or on a budget. Comes in at £47 for the whole desk plus £25 for the mega mat.

0MCKmkt.jpg
nOZ0f3s.jpg

Linmmon table top £15 - http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/desks/table-tops-legs/linnmon-table-top-black-brown-art-00251343/
Adils legs x4 £10 - http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/desks/table-tops-legs/adils-leg-black-art-70217973/
Lack wall shelf £10 - http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/...l-shelves/lack-wall-shelf-black-art-10011017/
Capita legs £10 - http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/...nets/capita-leg-stainless-steel-art-10267895/
OcUK megamat £25 - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...-elite-tactical-gaming-surface-gs-000-og.html

Now there is a slight dip in the middle of the shelf but I did have a very heavy older monitor on there till recently. :D

Was after a cheapo replacement for my current desk. Think I'll grab this combo, but with the shorter 8cm legs for the shelf. :)

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Needs the signum cable tidy, makes a good difference with some vecro cable ties. I have a similar desk but in white, not keen on a raised shelf though, going to get a monitor arm eventually but these Ikea tips end up bowing a bit so might need a new solid desk too when the time comes.

Man of Honour
Mouse slowly wearing the desk surface away - you monster!

Ha :D I regret not coating it when I bought it, will definitely do that with the next one. I wouldn't mind getting a mousepad, but I can't find one I like that doesn't show dust/dirt easily as I want it to be a darker colour to contrast the wood. Did have an OcUK one but they are terrible for showing dust

Soldato
Ha :D I regret not coating it when I bought it, will definitely do that with the next one. I wouldn't mind getting a mousepad, but I can't find one I like that doesn't show dust/dirt easily as I want it to be a darker colour to contrast the wood. Did have an OcUK one but they are terrible for showing dust

That's kind of why I asked @LiE what he was using - looks like some kind of thin leather pad that would probably work brilliantly and be easy to clean.

Too bad he ain't replying. :(

Don
Started using my iPad Pro’s as extra screens, works out quite well, more screens the better while trying to learn React and VueJS :o

Are you using software so your iPad screen is another display to drag things onto? I'm just trialling spacedesk but it's a big laggy and the resolution is a bit rubbish. Has anyone some recommendations for software like this?

The lag doesn't concern me as I'm only having Spotify running on there but it would be nice if the resolution could alter from 1024x768.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Man of Honour
Are you using software so your iPad screen is another display to drag things onto? I'm just trialling spacedesk but it's a big laggy and the resolution is a bit rubbish. Has anyone some recommendations for software like this?

The lag doesn't concern me as I'm only having Spotify running on there but it would be nice if the resolution could alter from 1024x768.

I was using side car with the new macOS beta which worked really well but took the beta off as I had a few issues with other pieces of software. So for now it’s not connected at all until the GM comes out

Soldato

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Recently added the following hardware to my setup.

Razer Core X
Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT
Huawei VR 2 cable

You can see the Razer Core X under the desk, I have it in a vertical orientation to allow me to use the 0.5m passive TB3 cable to the Mac mini above. I did have it on my desk but I prefer to have it under the desk as it's quieter. The Huawei VR 2 cable allows me to connect the Display Port out on the 5700 XT, combine it with USB-A and output to USB-C to drive my 23.7" LG UltraFine 4K monitor.

Windows has been installed in boot camp allowing me to play games on there as well using the 5700 XT. This is pretty much my perfect setup.

XSJZusG.png

XoPY9K6.jpg

Caporegime
Mainly a HiFi / browsing station. Just got some Monitor Audio Bronze 2s to replace the Wharfedale Diamond 10.1s that were in there before. Also have a BK XLS200 10" sub on the way. Speakers are driven by a NAD D3020 (great stereo amp, tucked away on top of the tower). Screen is a Philips 40" VA job.

Desk top is solid oak.

lg0egpSh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom