Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Treated myself to a new laptop to replace my aging Acer V15 Nitro

48713775791_6fa9575b60_b_d.jpg

48713775766_4e84ec0b0c_b_d.jpg

i7 9750
16gb DDR4
Geforce GTX1650
256gb SSD + 2tb HDD

Price was just under £900ish ($1800nz)

Soldato
Why Wez? Just why Acer? Though saying that, the specs are pretty good... Was this a PB Job?

My last one was an Acer and it's been pretty good for me, (it's still pretty good specs for a nearly 4 yr old laptop and is still going strong!) Only issue i've had with it is the power supply cable is getting threadbare and showing the wires! In fact, I think this'll be my 3rd Acer :p

This was one of the 1 day specials from PB tech yea, reduced from $2300 to $1800. For the specs, i'm not going to complain, it doubles the space on my last one, which i was struggling for! It feels solid and looks good.

Soldato
Whoop. Bon Iver baby!

Not entirely sure why it's a standing ticket with a seat allocation. Can only imagine the floor is all seated :(

DugjxHQ.png

EDIT - Nope, Ticketmaster seem to have given me a seated ticket even though i selected standing. What a ballache.

Have rebooked for actual Standing tickets and now to try and complain (or find 3 other people who want tickets!)

Last edited:
Soldato
Beautiful mate

I want a boat, that must be the easiest kind to own surely. I read you can get a mortgage on them even, I remember someone marrying and moving into one as a kind of starter home which seems smart to me. Good photos btw :)

Very, very jealous!!!

Lovely that Regy!

So much want. Enjoy :)

Only time I've canal boated was in Leighton Buzzard. Really enjoyed it. You lucky thing!

Thanks everybody it really is blissful even in the grim weather we have. We can go from home to the marina, which is about 3 miles and be in the middle of nowhere in 10 mins. I just love being so remote. Yet only a few miles from home.

There is pretty much everything you have in your house onboard. The kids enjoy it they don’t argue, watch tv or even go on their iPads much so it’s really lovely to see given today’s generation

Caporegime
Nice, I thought about getting it for a job I had yesterday, glad i didn't pre-order...it would have been too late lol

Depends on who you pre ordered from. If I had ordered from park cameras i would have had it at the beginning of the month. Wex only got 1 camera in with their first delivery so had to wait for their third shipment before it got to my pro-order.

Caporegime
Slowed down my life a little, got this for weekend and holidays when i can

I love it, life is very chilled out on there, the kids love it and we moor it 3 miles away so its very accesble. Perfect for me as i run my own busienss and can never seem to book anything. This will make me take time of at holidays etc.

IMG_8939 by Ross c, on Flickr

IMG_8683 by Ross c, on Flickr

IMG_8992 by Ross c, on Flickr
Regy wins the thread. That has to be the most idyllic way I can think of spending my days. Sitting on the edge of that at sunset, with a cool beer, a fishing rod and a tub of maggots. Heaven!

Soldato
Slowed down my life a little, got this for weekend and holidays when i can

I love it, life is very chilled out on there, the kids love it and we moor it 3 miles away so its very accesble. Perfect for me as i run my own busienss and can never seem to book anything. This will make me take time of at holidays etc.

IMG_8939 by Ross c, on Flickr

IMG_8683 by Ross c, on Flickr

IMG_8992 by Ross c, on Flickr

If anyone wants to to know what it's like just put this on full screen - grab a few beers and wind down for 2 hours - All you hear is sounds of birds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fElraViW08

My brother has lived on narrow boat for the last 15 years - It would be OK but he still hasn't finished it - I have been out on it and it isn't a patch on his old 46 footer - He had engine from a combine harvester - a huge prop and you could put that boat anywhere and it stopped on a tanner.
He used to win the boat handling year in year out.

414293411.jpg

Good luck Regy - I hope you have many happy years from it. :):)

Back
Top Bottom