What's your worst online dating experience?

Soldato
So I asked this in another thread and really should have started a proper thread.

I have MANY awful experiences from online dating but one that is not completely soul destroying was a girl who agreed to a date was very specific about the time and kept mentioning the time and telling me to make sure I wasn't late or anything, the reason for this is that she'd squashed me In-between two other dates!

I have proper horror stories but they may get me banned so I'll have to run them by the mods.

Soldato
OP
I was stalked by a couple from POF for a few months who wouldn't take no for an answer who just so happened to have lunch right by my office one day then kept phoning the front desk asking for me.

Caporegime
Boobs were way too big and the chairs were fixed to the ground, I had to agonisingly watch her try and shuffle in whilst keeping a straight face. The only other one I had - amazing date but I friend zoned her (my speciality).

Played the long game with my wife :p.

Associate
I went on one date with a girl who kept repeating that her dad was some East End hard case and that if anyone hurt her (lots of intimation towards me) he would sort them out. I didn't go anywhere near that.

Another avoided sending any pictures prior to the date and denied being on Facebook etc (big warning sign) turned out she was at least 3 stone heavier than the pictures, had a vague resembelence face wise and spoke like she had an IQ below 80. I had to walk out after 10 minutes as it was beyond farce.

Soldato
Boobs were way too big and the chairs were fixed to the ground, I had to agonisingly watch her try and shuffle in whilst keeping a straight face. The only other one I had - amazing date but I friend zoned her (my speciality).

I was terrible at the whole friend zone thing too. One perk of online dating is there's no confusion around whether the interest is romantic or not.

Associate
My online dating experience is pre-social media from when I was about 16-18 y/o.

One girl catfished me. I embarrasingly discovered the full on minx who was so into me was actually ripping pics off and assuming the personality of a girl from the US.

Another girl who had no pics whatsoever decided she absolutely must meet me, and gave me every reassurance that she was a hot teen lifeguard girl. Naturally amused I turned her down. After a few months of her pestering I decided okay then if she was willing to come down to my town. TBH this story gets weird it doesn't make much sense typing it out, but needless to say it didn't go very well :p

I suppose there was one other later on, some random girl who ended up on my MSN messenger and yet I never bothered speaking with her, until eventually I did. Feeling like WTH her profile pic ain't bad, I met with her. When I saw her in person I was just like "whoops". Stuck around politely for a bit then had to dash. That was the final nail in the coffin in my online dating experience, and that was quite a while ago.

(To be fair there were several good ones I met online who amounted to something, but then I went to university and started doing door work - which compared favourably to fannying around online being one of a million guys trying to get the genuinely stunning girls with a dating profile)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I was terrible at the whole friend zone thing too. One perk of online dating is there's no confusion around whether the interest is romantic or not.
Yeah I still managed to friend zone online dates. I blame not having a male presence in my life growing up :p (thanks mum/grandma). Managed to friend zone a number of women at university, even getting a nick name :o. All in the past now though and insignificant. A perk however is I did make a lot of friends :).

Edit - just remembered I also went on a platonic date on OKCupid as well but at least the friend zoning was predefined.

Associate
I met a girl who was significantly less attractive than her pics led me to believe. I stuck it out, got far too drunk, missed my train home and ended up back at hers. Met her kids in the morning and her step dad who lived in the garage. I still feel sick when I think about it.

Soldato
OP
One local girl way out my league wanted me to meet her at her place but not to knock on the door as she would meet me, not actually her place and I was there to help her get her things from her ex boyfriend who was not very friendly to me at all, 6 years later I found out from a colleague they are married and some how both hate me!

Caporegime

so you went on a date to mcdonalds or kfc?

classy

Commissario
So I asked this in another thread and really should have started a proper thread.

I have MANY awful experiences from online dating but one that is not completely soul destroying was a girl who agreed to a date was very specific about the time and kept mentioning the time and telling me to make sure I wasn't late or anything, the reason for this is that she'd squashed me In-between two other dates!

I have proper horror stories but they may get me banned so I'll have to run them by the mods.
Run them by me in Trust ;)

Soldato
Met a girl who really must have been trying to sort the wheat from the chaf as quickly as possible as she said she'd only meet me for 15mins for a quick coffee. So I did (she wasn't worth it even 10mins tbh)
Gave me practically an interview not a date. Asked me all sorts of questions that really were appropriate for meeting a stranger, i.e what I earnt, what did I spend it on, was I gona want kids.
Sufficed to say I feel I dodged a bullet.

Another one was just boring as hell (may have felt the same about me). None the less I felt sorry about running off or leaving early so I stuck out a 3 hr date trying to make conversations and generally enjoying the pub.

In fairness most of my dates were really good. Even those two weren't anything to write home about. Had some that ended up being amazing, others OK, but even the ones I didn't click with I still enjoyed meeting new people.

Part of me misses it. Cost a fortune though.

Caporegime
Met a girl who really must have been trying to sort the wheat from the chaf as quickly as possible as she said she'd only meet me for 15mins for a quick coffee. So I did (she wasn't worth it even 10mins tbh)
Gave me practically an interview not a date. Asked me all sorts of questions that really were appropriate for meeting a stranger, i.e what I earnt, what did I spend it on, was I gona want kids.
Sufficed to say I feel I dodged a bullet.

I'm not saying she's a gold digger but...

I'd like to see how far she would have went with a 20 stone bloke who lept out a lambo.

Back
Top Bottom