• iPhone 11 Pro - 512Gb

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 64Gb

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 256Gb

Votes: 41 13.7%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 512Gb

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 51 17.0%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 109 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
I've been saying this for the last 3 years or so, the technology has peaked.

Zero innovation these days.

Depends on your definition of what "innovation" is, on one hand, has there been since the original iPhone?

On the other we've seen things like Apple Pay, AR, VR, touchID, faceID, wireless charging, Siri, Facetime - I appreciate these weren't necessarily from Apple.

Soldato
I don't get the hate for the 64GB models. I did expect a bump to 128GB for the base spec, but my XS Max is a 64GB and I'm doing just fine with it. I've got 20GB of free space with 1700 photos, about 100 apps installed and 6-7GB of music and even then I don't really need the music on there so could free up some if I needed to. 64GB is perfectly adequate for some people.

Associate
Depends on your definition of what "innovation" is, on one hand, has there been since the original iPhone?

On the other we've seen things like Apple Pay, AR, VR, touchID, faceID, wireless charging, Siri, Facetime - I appreciate these weren't necessarily from Apple.

Correction then, zero innovation from Apple, as usual ;)

Though I'll admit, it's the same across most manufacturers at the moment.

The only company that seem to be pushing technology is Samsung with their foldable tech and Huawei with their cameras IMO.

Soldato
I don't get the hate for the 64GB models. I did expect a bump to 128GB for the base spec, but my XS Max is a 64GB and I'm doing just fine with it. I've got 20GB of free space with 1700 photos, about 100 apps installed and 6-7GB of music and even then I don't really need the music on there so could free up some if I needed to. 64GB is perfectly adequate for some people.

That's the problem. Some people.

My XS Max blasts past the 64GB but doesn't even come close to really needing 256GB. 128GB would be perfect and it's that exact reason Apple don't offer that level as they know most would go for that.

Associate
I don't get the hate for the 64GB models. I did expect a bump to 128GB for the base spec, but my XS Max is a 64GB and I'm doing just fine with it.

Have you seen how big a video file is when you've been recording at 4K for a few minutes?

64GB fills up quite fast if you're into taking lots of pictures and videos.

I'm still on a 64GB Galaxy Note 8 and sort through my images/videos a lot to save space. I was left with 3GB free at one point.

Then I stuck a 200GB micro SD card in and don't care anymore :D Sadly something an iPhone user has never had the luxury of for some reason.

Associate
I have been waiting for the new iPhone pro and have been with apple for ages, if i'm honest watching the apple event just seemed painful. To many times the phase rolled out most powerful screen ever *cough* on an iPhone, so basically what ever it was most powerful on an iphone ,minus maybe the CPU which I think could be the most power thing on the market? happy to be corrected on that but that was the only one where they didnt say in an Iphone. I also noticed that on there comparison between phones bits they complete left the note 10+ off again being very selective on what they were better against.

ONLY 4.99 was another thing that bugged me and at first I was impressed with the new ipads looking a lot like surface pros until about half way through when the keyboard and pen were optional extras :p to me it seemed like they were included for once.

I have been in 2 minds about switching for a while and i think this has really made my mind up which is a shame as i like apple store and iOS. Shame I cant get a Samsung with iOS on it. So i waited on apple hoping all the rumors were incorrect with spec and features turns out that most were totally correct. No usb-c, no reserve charging, no 5g, screen lower spec then others all ready out and stupid offerings on storage sizes either tiny, ok or should be fine for a while.

So unless im wrong and someone can persuade me otherwise im thinking of going for a Note 10+ instead of a Iphone 11 pro max.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have you seen how big a video file is when you've been recording at 4K for a few minutes?

64GB fills up quite fast if you're into taking lots of pictures and videos.

Sure but I personally don't record many videos at all, think I only have about 20 short ones on my phone along with 1700 photos. Like I said, I'd have liked to have seen 128GB as the base model but 64GB does still suit some people. Even if they are a minority :)

Soldato
I’ll be getting the 11 Pro 256.

Though have to admit the past couple of days people have been saying they will switch to Android, unless I’ve been living under a rock, I don’t see where Android phones have been massively innovating either.

They also go on about USB C like it’s some massive deal breaker, other than one less cable to have, what do I gain over lightning?

I have an iPad Pro with USB C, I don’t see the fuss.

Soldato
I’ll be getting the 11 Pro 256.

Though have to admit the past couple of days people have been saying they will switch to Android, unless I’ve been living under a rock, I don’t see where Android phones have been massively innovating either.

They also go on about USB C like it’s some massive deal breaker, other than one less cable to have, what do I gain over lightning?

I have an iPad Pro with USB C, I don’t see the fuss.

Faster data transfer, faster charging, less proprietary cabling / cheaper cabling.

Cost to Apple, virtually nil. Though they’re unwilling to relinquish those extra proprietary sales that they force their customers into.

Soldato
Faster data transfer, faster charging, less proprietary cabling / cheaper cabling.

Cost to Apple, virtually nil. Though they’re unwilling to relinquish those extra proprietary sales that they force their customers into.

I believe it supports USB C data and charging already (since the 8), it’s just still a lightning connector for back compat reasons. Would be nice to one cable for everything but even micro usb is hanging on.

Associate

They've not been innovating as much either recently no, but they do offer a lot more for the money than an iPhone out the box.

Put the Note 10+ side by side spec and feature wise against the iPhone 11 Pro and you see how poor the iPhone is for the £1000+ price tag.

Soldato
For the features they pushed most (below) the base 64GB is unusable.
- Deep Fusion : Nine 12mp photos taken to generate a single high dynamic range image
- 4k video at 60fps : 1 hour is approx 30GB

That doesn’t leave much headroom for Apps, files and other stuff.

I’m going to wait and see what The Pixel 4 and the Huawei Mate 30 Pro offers in terms of price and features.

Last edited:
Soldato

Yeah rather than paying extra for storage on the phone...
- I pay a tiny bit a month for more iCloud storage and the phone (and my iPad) does it's thing where, for example, it keeps the thumbnails of pics/vids but deletes the file locally and just has it stored remotely unless you open it up again. You never notice this so it doesn't feel like you're lacking storage.
- 100GB a month on my SIM plan + Apple Music =no music files stored on my phone...
- less and less apps downloaded, as either the most useful ones get integrated into iOS itself or the websites are sufficiently optimised for smartphones that they're redundant.

I only see the need for larger capacities if you plan on being offline a LOT or on the iPad Pro where you're actually using a lot of the higher end apps for for CAD/digital photo/video editing.

Soldato
Put the Note 10+ side by side spec and feature wise against the iPhone 11 Pro and you see how poor the iPhone is for the £1000+ price tag.

More importantly, that Note 10+ will be available sim free for £699 or less in a few months, or for a total contract price of less than a grand with 30gb+ data.

While that 64gb 11 Pro Max will be nailed on £1149 until next September when it’ll be discontinued and the 64gb 12 Pro Max is released at £1199.

Back
Top Bottom