Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
It's KTM, what did you expect... They're made in India. :p
I have a ktm 300 tpi 2stroke and it’s mint! I was under the impression that ktm did QC on the 390 in Austria but it seems the checks aren’t very vigorous!

Currently looking at a sv650, for about 5k new they seem like a good buy, they get good mpg which will help offset the cost of purchase compared to commuting in my car @~28mpg

Soldato
Mine is one of these https://www.asgardsss.co.uk/motorcycle-storage has been brilliant, I put in a small oil radiator over winter on a timer/low setting just to stop a tiny bit of condensation but otherwise its perfect. :D

Good timing this post, currently having the Tuono Mot'd.
Cheers :) based off the size of yours, do you think you'd get a car and a bike in the 10ft 11" X 7ft 4"?

Soldato
Cheers :) based off the size of yours, do you think you'd get a car and a bike in the 10ft 11" X 7ft 4"?
Depends on the car! :D

The wider ones have the same size door opening so that might be your limit, if you can get the bike down the side, or alternatively put on a movable paddock stand and have it in sideways.

Soldato
Depends on the car! :D

The wider ones have the same size door opening so that might be your limit, if you can get the bike down the side, or alternatively put on a movable paddock stand and have it in sideways.
I was looking at one of these, i have an access road to the back of my house so thought about opening the access up and not bothering with a driveway at the front.

https://www.sheds.co.uk/rowlinson-murryhill-12-x-17-apex-metal-garage.html

Only have an Astra. :)

Soldato
So going back to my YBR if you remember a few weeks ago I was having trouble with loss of power and not starting.
When I came back from holiday I didn't really do anything for a couple of weeks as I didn't quite have time to sort it out.
Today I remembered I have breakdown which covers home start so phoned them up, local recovery guy came within 30 minutes, hooked up to jump start, still nothing.
He noticed the fuel tank sounded low, put a little in, started up fine!! xD
Tried it a few times, and no problem at all.

After the guy left, I rode to the petrol station to fill up, and topped up to full, and it only filled up less than 7L?
Everywhere online says that the fuel tank capacity is 12/13L so I don't understand how it only filled 6.xL. I had it on the centre stand and there's no fuel reserve as it's the fuel injection model.
I'll start filling up before I reach 150 miles in future, but can someone solve this mystery for me?

EDIT: Solved.... I was being a completely noob and putting the fuel pump all the way inside the tank so it was stopping early. I assumed it was the same as a car and meant it was full when it clicks. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a 'commuters fair' at work today and Fowlers brought along some bikes...a KTM 125 Duke and a GSXR of some sort but also, and more interestingly, some electric bikes.

I say bikes...I mean one bike and one moped.

The bike was the Artisan Evo : https://artisanscooters.com/electric-motorbike/ev0/why-ev0
The moped was the Artisan EV2000R: https://artisanscooters.com/electric-scooter/ev2000r/why-ev2000r-eco-economy-electric-scooter

Essentially, the bike is a 125 and the moped is a 50. Interesting tech and setup with the bike (I didn't pay much attention or ask much about the moped), it's got a top speed of 50-60, speed limiter on your thumb of 25 mph, 35 mph and unrestricted speed...clever if a little pointless. The range on the bike is a whopping....40 miles and the charge time is a mere snip at 6 hours! In fairness, it makes total sense for a town commuter bike, ride to/from work and charge overnight or at work if needed. I'm going to go test ride one at some point, just because I can, I don't want to buy one. They are £3.4k to buy (from Fowlers anyway) which isn't too bad given the Duke 125 is £4k usually (apparently) but they are running it for £3.4k also. So for the same money you can get a short range commuter bike or a longer range and higher top speed 125...
The Evo is comfy to sit on though with very compliant suspension and big fat tyres. Being an electric bike, there is no need for a clutch so instead they've put the rear brake on the left bar which, imo is silly as people can and will grab a fist full of rear by mistake if they aren't careful.

Was cool to see the tech though and how it's being applied to bikes. It's also good to see that it's at a relatively reasonable price point when compared against a 125 although the 40 mile range combined with 6 hour charge is a massive issue if you only want the one bike.

I know there are the likes of Zero that are making 'proper' electric bikes but one of the biggest issue with those is the price compared to a similar (and still arguably much better) petrol bike. As battery and motor tech moves on it'll be interesting to see how popular electric bikes become and how they are priced compared to their petrol counterparts.

I'll pop down the dealer in the coming weeks to give the Evo a quick go, just to see what the instant torque is like on the bike mostly and I'll report back on how good/bad it is to ride (as a complete bike noob).

Caporegime
Renting a r1200r out tomorrow and Saturday to go up and down the coast of sardinia.

Wasnt going to bother but took the bus down the coast road the other day and just couldn't resist doing that on a bike.

Was the r1200r or a 1200gs the gs might have been more sensible for some gravel road riding going to have to do sat but I think on the nice twisty coast road the naked tourer will be more comfortable for me and the lady.

Only been a week but I miss my h2sx wish i could have stuffed it in the hold luggage :p

Back
Top Bottom