Borderlands 3

Caporegime
I'm a bit confused as to where you get the golden weapon skins, the children of the vault early adopter pack, etc. Maybe I need to get to a certain point in the game like level 10 or something as the weapons are that level?

Soldato
I’m playing Zane at the moment and just hit level 12. Maybe I’ve just got crap guns, but this game seems a lot tougher than previous entries. I’m dying, a lot. Maybe I should have been fl4k

Soldato
I’ll be watching this thread with great interest. Borderlands 1 was brilliant, borderlands 2 was as close to perfect anyone could get, the pre sequel....exists.

I’m only really hearing good things, just can’t afford it right now.

Soldato
Great game, just more of the same really with more variety in environments so far which is all I really wanted.

Split screen co-op on PS4 Pro is a shambles though, complete slideshow.

Caporegime
There are some nice little touches now in that you can teleport to your vehicle or a fast travel station from anywhere, ammo is auto collected from chests and you can refill your ammo by just walking up to the vending machine without using it.

Soldato
I posted this on the PC thread and as of posting these work

----

Sorry if it's been posted but just redeemed these shift keys - to get golden keys ( I've been spamming codes so forgive me if these are wrong)

Have to redeem them here

https://shift.gearboxsoftware.com/rewards

3 Keys: ZFKJ3-TT3BB-JTBJT-T3JJT-JWX9H

1 Key: HXKBT-XJ6FR-WBRKJ-J3TTB-RSBHR

1 Key: Z65B3-JCXX6-5JXW3-3B33J-9SWT6

1 Key: ZRWBJ-ST6XR-CBFKT-JT3J3-FRXJ5

1 Key: 9XCBT-WBXFR-5TRWJ-JJJ33-TX53Z

1 Key: ZFKJ3-TT6FF-KTFKT-T3JJT-JWX36

1 Key 9XCBT-WBXFR-5TRWJ-JJJ33-TX53Z

Soldato
Only really played BL2 and just couldn’t get into it, mate bought this so thought I’d give it a go as we gameshare and have to say I’m impressed, graphics are excellent too.

Soldato
Is it best to play Borderlands 1 and 2 before playing 3?

I have never played any of them! The art style looks awesome
I wouldn’t say so. There are returning characters from all games. But it doesn’t detract from any story elements. You could always just read up on the previous characters

Caporegime
Digital Foundry's PS4 Pro v Xbox One X analysis.
Very bizarre that they are probably pushing the PS4 Pro too hard. It can't hold a locked 30 nor a locked 60 in the two different modes.

Soldato
Plays fine here in performance mode. Odd drop here or there.

resolution mode is horrific though.

edit. I also want to add that the PS4 pro fans rarely ever spun up in performance mode which is great.

Caporegime
Plays fine here in performance mode. Odd drop here or there.

resolution mode is horrific though.

edit. I also want to add that the PS4 pro fans rarely ever spun up in performance mode which is great.

My experience is mostly the same - the PS4 Pro is pretty quiet in performance mode compared to resolution. As for the frame drops, I haven't really noticed in the midst of gameplay. The menus are horrendous though. Bringing up the inventory and switching tabs to map/skills/etc introduces dramatic slowdown so much that I think the console is about to crash. Which it has done twice in my ten hours or so of playtime. The initial loading time is loooooong and I'm using a Samsung SSD in my console.

Going to try my luck with a refund and see what happens. If I get one, nice and I'll buy a few other things I need to catch up on like Spiderman and Days Gone. If not, I'll carry on playing and hope they patch it.

Soldato
My experience is mostly the same - the PS4 Pro is pretty quiet in performance mode compared to resolution. As for the frame drops, I haven't really noticed in the midst of gameplay. The menus are horrendous though. Bringing up the inventory and switching tabs to map/skills/etc introduces dramatic slowdown so much that I think the console is about to crash. Which it has done twice in my ten hours or so of playtime. The initial loading time is loooooong and I'm using a Samsung SSD in my console.

Going to try my luck with a refund and see what happens. If I get one, nice and I'll buy a few other things I need to catch up on like Spiderman and Days Gone. If not, I'll carry on playing and hope they patch it.

Digital?

Soldato

There is no way you're getting a refund on a game from PSN if you have played it.

Caporegime

Yes

There is no way you're getting a refund on a game from PSN if you have played it.

I'm not really expecting it, I thought I would just give it a try. Maybe they might do some kind of one-off loyalty thing like Microsoft. Woooh, there goes a flying pig. :p

Not sure if playing it on a separate account from the one I purchased on will alter things. The account that owns the purchase will have 0 playtime, I only launched it on there to make sure it worked.

Soldato
Hopefully the catastrophic co-op splitscreen will get some attention finally with IGN posting a video up.

https://www.facebook.com/59685491632/posts/10157026432066633/

Gearbox and 2k harp on so much about BL being fantastic as a couch Co-op game and launch this game with the worst couch co-op split screen I've ever seen. No vertical split choice unlike every other BL title previous, terrible game breaking lag, unreadable fonts, terrible UI for split screen loot sorting, and loads of other little annoyances.

Soldato
Decided to give it a go and a cutscene in an early mission makes my XB1X shut down every time with an overheating message (it's barely warm, well-ventilated, etc). Only ever happens with this game, seems to be affecting quite a few people and obviously means the game is unplayable for me :(

Back
Top Bottom