Terminator: Dark Fate

Caporegime
OP
Another CGI problem is that the work takes so long to do that you need to book it in often before you've shot the rest of the movie - which means it's harder to make changes. This cropped up in another YT vid, talking about the Ghostbusters reboot IIRC, where the stuff happening in the big action scene near the end didn't really match up with the characters we'd been with for the rest of the movie.

Got a link to that vid? Cant say i noticed anything like that in the trainwreck reboot.

Soldato
Caporegime
No interest at all in seeing the remake of The Thing. The Carpenter version was perfect. Absolutely perfect.

It doesn't need "improving" with CGI monsters and a dubstep soundtrack :p

Soldato
Talking about CGI, more importantly, CGI done correctly this popped up on my YT feed last night. The amount of CGI work in Finchers movie is surprising but on reflection blindingly obvious.

I'm not even on about the big scenes, for example, Fincher never uses blood packs for stab wound and bullets, it's all CG. The shot in Girl wt Dragon Tattoo and the blood pouring from Daniel Craigs head when water is washed over it, all CG. The Zodiac gunshot wounds, again CG.

Last edited:
Soldato
Some of the subtle CGI stuff going on is amazing. I remember the Black Hawk Down commentaries saying how the dust kicked up from the rotors had been removed and replaced, and there's stuff in Better Caul Saul where some of the wounds on a character's face are all CG. couldn't tell even when you were looking for it.

Soldato
There's a great demo of CGI where you'd never expect it like the outdoor shots of Ugly Betty just walking to a bus stop or walking down a street which were 90% CGI -

V F

V F

Soldato

Slightly different version of the trailer, some other clips and some different angles on some others.

What I cannot get over seeing Arnie now and comparing him first appearing in the Expendables to now, it almost looks like he has aged 20 years.

Soldato
No interest at all in seeing the remake of The Thing. The Carpenter version was perfect. Absolutely perfect.

It doesn't need "improving" with CGI monsters and a dubstep soundtrack :p

It was not a remake it was a prequel, ie what happened at the Norwegian base before the events of The Thing. What annoyed me was that the block of ice they dug up in the prequel that The Thing was in didnt look to be from the same location that they found the hole it was from in The Thing film. Its worth seeing to be honest just to see how the events marry up right up till the end of the prequel where it finishes with the dog being chased across the ice by the helicopter it goes seamlessly into The Thing.

Soldato
For me it didn't really "need" explaining in a prequel - we can guess what happened from the content of the Original so showing us it happening was unnecessary, other than the cash grab, and history has shown us to be right, it's hardly talked about compared to the original.

Caporegime
OP
There's an interview with Edward Furlong on youtube, he still looks on the tubby\rough side and that's from earlier this month. His part in dark Fate is a "very very small part", which isn't all that surprising.

Back
Top Bottom