• iPhone 11 Pro - 512Gb

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 64Gb

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 256Gb

Votes: 41 13.7%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 512Gb

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 51 17.0%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 109 36.3%

• Total voters
Associate
I grabbed myself a 11 pro space grey from John Lewis for their 2 year guarantee. Very impressed so far. I’d rather more battery over 3D Touch. Night mode is about the same as my Pixel 3. Nice to see Apple catching in the camera department, until the pixel 4 is out....

Soldato
Have an 11 pro 64gb arriving at work Monday - need a test device to make sure it works with our deployment build, policies and apps :)
I will be sad about losing the finger print scanner as I unlock my current phone in my pocket - obviously harder to do that with face id

Soldato
Not really, with Touch ID you can unlock your phone as you are pulling it out of your pocket by pressing the button with your thumb as you side it out your pocket. The phones on the home screen before you can even see the screen, most of the time before it’s even out of your pocket.

With Face ID that isn’t possible. You have to pull our phone out, point it at your face and wait for the animation to go through (and swipe up?). It is slower.

Permabanned
Loving the Pro Max, it’s definitely smoother than the XS Max when scrolling through Facebook, Instagram etc.

The camera is just mind blowing.

Soldato
Not really, with Touch ID you can unlock your phone as you are pulling it out of your pocket by pressing the button with your thumb as you side it out your pocket. The phones on the home screen before you can even see the screen, most of the time before it’s even out of your pocket.

With Face ID that isn’t possible. You have to pull our phone out, point it at your face and wait for the animation to go through (and swipe up?). It is slower.

This. I usually unlock in pocket out of view, glance at notifications often for a split second from an angle and lock and put back in pocket.

Face ID is more a security concern than thumb print imo as it means staring at your phone in full view of people ready to steal it.

People should at least be given an option using full screen finger print scanner which i think exists on some other phone(s) or any form of finger/thumb scan

Soldato
Not sure I agree with that last point, phone theft has fallen off a cliff since biometrics have come in.

I’m not saying it doesn’t happen but stealing phones is now far less lucrative as people are aware it’s impossible to break into them if the activation lock is on. It effectively makes them paperweights and next to impossible to shift for cash.

People only tend to steal what they can turn into cash quickly, partly why catalytic converters has skyrocketed. Valuable, people leave them outside unattended and easy to liquidate.

Soldato
How are the heat issues on the pro's?
Both my previous X and Xs were terrible for dimming the screen quickly, especially compared to my same year Note's I owned at the time.
Kind of annoying when travelling a hot country.

Man of Honour
How are the heat issues on the pro's?
Both my previous X and Xs were terrible for dimming the screen quickly, especially compared to my same year Note's I owned at the time.
Kind of annoying when travelling a hot country.
my Max was bad for this on window mounted holder, ended up getting a custom fit one for the Turbo which placed it next to an Air Con vent and problem was permanently resolved.

As to your question directly, unable to comment at current, however the upside is the 11 Pro Max fits perfectly in the 7 Max holder (as did the X and XS Max)

Soldato
Heat is a major issue on current phones.
Last week I was recording a 4k 30fps video and the iPhone shut down due to excessive temperature, which meant I missed the last 15 mins of my sons footy match :mad: I will stick to 1080p in future, pointless having the feature if you can't use it !!

Soldato
Thanks for the replies guys, got an 11 pro on order but the previous heat issue was really annoying on real hot days here and while staying in Thailand.
Watching some reviews on the camera, doesn't seem that much better(and less detailed) than the new note so maybe that's an option for me.

Soon see I guess ☺

Soldato
Heat is a major issue on current phones.
Last week I was recording a 4k 30fps video and the iPhone shut down due to excessive temperature, which meant I missed the last 15 mins of my sons footy match :mad: I will stick to 1080p in future, pointless having the feature if you can't use it !!

Which current phones? As far as I was aware smart phones have been getting hot for almost 10 years. I remember my iPhone 4 heating up like crazy

Soldato
Has anyone switched from a Plus sized iPhone to a X/XS? How does it compare. The screen size is larger but the phone is thinner than a Plus. Do most Plus users go for the Max?

I went from a 7+ to an X and I missed the size so went for an XS Max and now Max Pro.

The Max screen size is just so much nicer to use

Associate
I was thinking of getting AppleCare plus but at £200 plus £25 excess you’re only saving £100 if in the rare event you drop the phone and smash the screen, as I pretty much upgrade every year I don’t thing it’s worth it, just gonna buy a tempered screen protector instead £5.99

Soldato
Booked one for pick up this afternoon in Las Vegas, 11 pro 64gb for £863, pretty decent price considering it’s £1049 in the UK now.

Easily recouping a nice amount for my XS Max (was just too big for me really) so it won’t exactly cost much to upgrade :)

Back
Top Bottom