Poll: **** The official Apple Watch Series 5 thread ****

Will you buy the Apple Watch Series 5?

• Total voters
Soldato
Much better today, disabled loads of apps from refreshing when not in use, still at 86% after 11 hours and 45 minutes since last full charge and 1 hour 45 minutes usage.

Until I get some AirPods I’m basically using it as just a watch and not the benefits of the smart functions other than messaging and email.

Soldato
Anyone else found their watch had become less responsive?

When i first got it everything was instant. Now i seem to get regular slow downs where it's completely unresponsive and then suddenly catches up around 5 seconds later.
Mine been brilliant in every department can’t fault it.

Soldato
Annoying. I'm starting to think i'm not destined to get on well with the S5!

I have tried nuking some apps and background refreshing so will see how that goes. I seem to be losing around 30% overnight (around 8-9hrs) at the moment and it's in theater mode so the screen isn't even turning on and i have cellular turned off!

My S3 in comparison only lost around 10%

Soldato
Annoying. I'm starting to think i'm not destined to get on well with the S5!

I have tried nuking some apps and background refreshing so will see how that goes. I seem to be losing around 30% overnight (around 8-9hrs) at the moment and it's in theater mode so the screen isn't even turning on and i have cellular turned off!

My S3 in comparison only lost around 10%

have you tried unpairing and repairing ?

Soldato
What apps are they that you’ve disabled?
All the useless ones like keynote, maps, apple music, App Store, audio books, cycle tracking, podcasts, radio, remote, stocks, telegram, voice memos, Walkie talkie, workout. :)

I’m now at 1 day 7 hours standby, 2 hours 45 usage and battery is at 60%. :)

Associate
Watch OS update is out.

watchOS 6.0.1 optimizes performance, provides security updates, and contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Resolves an issue where the Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse watch face does not speak time
- Addresses an issue where the calendar complication may not display events
- Fixes a bug that could result in a loss of display calibration data

Man of Honour
So I bought a S5 Titanium, didn't gel with it, Ceramic arrived this morning with the Black link bracelet, much nicer!

Tried it with the hermes butterfly clasp I had on my S4 Rose Gold, and it just didn't "go"

Weirdly, I think I prefer the look of the S4 RG over the S5 Edition, however it is what it is.

One thing I would like is to be able to set one face for active viewing (I use the infograph complications face), and then an alternate "California" clean face for passive / what others see when I'm not looking at the watch, maybe apple will allow us to set "always on" faces to be different to active faces in time.

Soldato
One thing I would like is to be able to set one face for active viewing (I use the infograph complications face), and then an alternate "California" clean face for passive / what others see when I'm not looking at the watch, maybe apple will allow us to set "always on" faces to be different to active faces in time.

Yeah, that'd be pretty cool actually.

I'd also like to see the end of the requirement for the watch being on its Charger for updates. If i've got 95% battery i feel like i should be able to perform an update or transfer music from my phone.

Just set a 50% minimum like they do with the phone/ipad.

Soldato
I’m getting very regular locks on my Apple Watch, roughly 3-4 times an hour I’ll go to use my watch and it’ll ask for the passcode.

I have it snug but not overly tight or loose, I do have tattoos on my wrist and I’m wondering if that can cause the sensor to lose contact with my skin? Really annoying to the point I’d rather use my watch without a passcode, any one else?

Associate
So I bought a S5 Titanium, didn't gel with it, Ceramic arrived this morning with the Black link bracelet, much nicer!

Tried it with the hermes butterfly clasp I had on my S4 Rose Gold, and it just didn't "go"

Weirdly, I think I prefer the look of the S4 RG over the S5 Edition, however it is what it is.

Ant pics buddy?

Back
Top Bottom