Poll: **** The official Apple Watch Series 5 thread ****

Will you buy the Apple Watch Series 5?

• Total voters

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Not sure if it’s the always on or a change because of the cellular version but battery seems poor compared to my S3.

Might turn cellular off and then just stick it on when needed and see if that helps.

I’ve also found it doesn’t seem to charge as well on my charger as my S3
There’s some reports of poor battery life on reddit, might be worth keeping an eye on it.

Soldato
What you guys using protect your watch. I’ve also picked up a new one same time as phone wasn’t planned but though what the heck always wanted a cellular

Soldato
Ok, so i've turned off Always on and Cellular and seems i've lost around 43% in 24hours which is about the same as my S3. A bit disappointing as i'd hoped that by turning features off would've given better life.

Will just turn Cellular on when i don't have my phone on hand.

Man of Honour
I do not understand why losing 43% in 24 hours is bad? Do you not take it off to go to bed? Surely you're charging it when you do. Why does it need to last more than 24 hours?

Soldato
I do not understand why losing 43% in 24 hours is bad? Do you not take it off to go to bed? Surely you're charging it when you do. Why does it need to last more than 24 hours?

it’s my alarm so need it on my wrist in the night.

I agree 43% in 24 hours is absolutely fine. But I’ve only managed that but turning cellular and always on off to turn it into the same state as my S3. Id hoped the battery would’ve been slightly improved.

Having put those both back on today ive lost 40% in about 7 hours which I’d say is pretty dissappointing.

Soldato
it’s my alarm so need it on my wrist in the night.

I agree 43% in 24 hours is absolutely fine. But I’ve only managed that but turning cellular and always on off to turn it into the same state as my S3. Id hoped the battery would’ve been slightly improved.

Having put those both back on today ive lost 40% in about 7 hours which I’d say is pretty dissappointing.

Why dont you get a vertical stand charge for it, as it turns the watch to a time teller / alarm anyways, thats how I set my alarm on my Apple Watch.

Soldato
Yeah I have one of those. But as I get up pretty early I like it just vibrating on my wrist so as not to disturb my wife.

Just a decision for me really as to whether I nuke features and not worry about charging it as much or just try and change my usage habits.

I do have a charger on my desk at work so for 90% of the time it’s fine. It’s more for times where I’d like to spend more time paddle boarding/wild camping and I thought having cellular would’ve saved me carrying my phone.

Soldato
Also just to add some balance and make it not sound like i'm completely disappointed. I am impressed with the speed of the watch.

I have a playlist i use for running, on my S3 i'd select that and then tap to go to the menu to select Shuffle. It'd take ages and sometimes time out. Went to do it this morning and everything loaded instantly. A huge plus :)

However, how do i play music with Apple Music on cellular? When i was out this morning and went into the Music app, i could only see my 2 locally stored playlists.

Soldato
You with cellular watch. This my first time having one always had gps. When I am out of phone range and Wi-Fi. I seem to have to toggle Wi-Fi off on watch to get a cellular connection toon was hoping it all auto

Soldato
Yeah certainly seems to be active.

Have just found some "For You" playlists. Maybe my approach is just wrong. I don't really use Apple Music so not familiar on how it works.

Still hoping Spotify will be able to release a proper app one day!
Should just be able to click on library and browse your albums/artists. Works fine on mine.

Back
Top Bottom