Can you be thrown out of heaven and into hell (and vice versa)

Man of Honour
You shouldn't abort a baby and you shouldn't put your peepee into another man's botbot, at least not in purpose. Looks like most of GD are doomed.

All you need is a good lawyer-linguist to cast reasonable doubt on the interpretation of uncertain text of uncertain age in an imperfectly understood language in an imperfectly understood cultural context. Not guilty my lord, case dismissed, no hell for you!

Soldato
Lots of hallucinations and lack of understanding of reality.

I still maintain it was all thought up by a group of iron age stoners, sat around a fire in the middle of the desert tripping their balls off on mushrooms and weed thinking of ways to wreck people's heads in the future.

Associate
OP
I still maintain it was all thought up by a group of iron age stoners, sat around a fire in the middle of the desert tripping their balls off on mushrooms and weed thinking of ways to wreck people's heads in the future.
More or less.

When man had no real intellligence, a big tree was a god, then the moon or a rock or the sun, then man could write and it all became more elaborate.

Id still like to think theres not double standards

Permabanned
The thing is when people know this crazy chicken and eggs theory is factual, And it is also impossible yet they sit there existing themselves while claiming there is no God lmao.

I am not a believer in any man made religion but damm denying someome created is a frightful display of stupidity. I seen a local MP say this very thing in N.I i was tempted to send him a email asking him who created him, Followed by who created God lmao but i was afraid they might find him in a mental asylum.

Soldato
Heaven and hell only exist in religious fenatics minds.
Its a made up concept to make people feel better about their own morality.

Soldato
Religion is based on fear and was created to keep the ignorant/stupid in check. Much like Santa Claus for the kids - "if you aren't good you won't get any presents" vs "if you aren't good you won't get into heaven".

I personally use religion as a moral compass ie thou shalt not kill etc so i see the benefit in that sense, but the sooner we get rid of religion (religion of peace - just lol), the sooner we can progress as a race.

Man of Honour
The thing is when people know this crazy chicken and eggs theory is factual, And it is also impossible yet they sit there existing themselves while claiming there is no God lmao.

I am not a believer in any man made religion but damm denying someome created is a frightful display of stupidity. I seen a local MP say this very thing in N.I i was tempted to send him a email asking him who created him, Followed by who created God lmao but i was afraid they might find him in a mental asylum.

I think you're missing a key point - there's only a contradiction if you assume that a creator is necessary for existence. If you don't, there's no contradiction and the position is internally consistent. It's solely a counter argument to that assumption - the argument that a creator must exist because existence is impossible without a creator makes no sense because it depends on the creator existing without being created, thus the argument is so blatantly inconsistent that it falsifies itself. I could use your own words and say that making that argument is "a frightful display of stupidity", but I think it's more likely to be wishful thinking than stupidity.

Man of Honour
I think you're missing a key point - there's only a contradiction if you assume that a creator is necessary for existence. If you don't, there's no contradiction and the position is internally consistent. It's solely a counter argument to that assumption - the argument that a creator must exist because existence is impossible without a creator makes no sense because it depends on the creator existing without being created, thus the argument is so blatantly inconsistent that it falsifies itself. I could use your own words and say that making that argument is "a frightful display of stupidity", but I think it's more likely to be wishful thinking than stupidity.

Both of which are an assumption that the rules and logic of our reality are universal to all realities - assuming there is any other reality.

Permabanned

Wishful indeed what happens if i am wrong? That means people will face no consquences on thier lives, It also means my coin toss outlook (afterlife/nothing) is basically just nothing then. Because such a system would provably just be an oraganic recycler and life creator there would be no morality or intelligence.

The reason i have the view i do is, I look around and see things like intellgent design and i think i can be no fluke. And if it was well you would also be removing one of the biggest security nets society has, Morality.

Just think about the things you cam do in life without morality and no consequences, It would be a hell hole and murder would be an accepted daily part of justice and life.

Wishful indeed what happens if i am wrong? That means people will face no consquences on thier lives, It also means my coin toss outlook (afterlife/nothing) is basically just nothing then. Because such a system would provably just be an oraganic recycler and life creator there would be no morality or intelligence.

The reason i have the view i do is, I look around and see things like intellgent design and i think i can be no fluke. And if it was well you would also be removing one of the biggest security nets society has, Morality.

Just think about the things you cam do in life without morality and no consequences, It would be a hell hole and murder would be an accepted daily part of justice and life.

Ah the puddle analogy.

“This is rather as if you imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in — an interesting hole I find myself in — fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!' This is such a powerful idea that as the sun rises in the sky and the air heats up and as, gradually, the puddle gets smaller and smaller, frantically hanging on to the notion that everything's going to be alright, because this world was meant to have him in it, was built to have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by surprise. I think this may be something we need to be on the watch out for.”

Caporegime
It is 100% real to those people who believe this crap and have fought wars over it, so it's pointless trying to dumb it down.

I watched the Inside the Vatican two parter and the Pope is relaxing 'laws' on homosexuals so does that mean that all those homosexuals who were condemned to hell can now have a stairway to heaven?

Also does that mean all those that condemned the homo's originally are now going to hell even if otherwise they led perfectly good lives.

Back
Top Bottom