The nervous wait to exchange....

Associate
Mortgage applications went in on 3rd October, received the first mortgage offer yesterday (Santander) and now just waiting for the second mortgage offer (Barclays BTL).

Survey on house we are buying is back and no issues. All searches etc completed and so feels like we are almost there.

Still need to wait for survey on BTL property, Barclays mortgage offer, and then final pieces of the jigsaw on legal paperwork.

Keeping fingers crossed to exchange and complete (on the same day) end of November, or early Dec.

Caporegime
Good luck, you'll need it.

I can't believe what a complete ballache the UK house buying process is. It's a complete mess.

We don't seem to get much right in this country these days to be honest.

I've read so many horror Stories

From gazumping to failure at end. Feels so wrong you can be in this position spending out on surveys etc for it to all fall through at the end

Soldato
I can temporarily cover the shortfall from a director's loan, but I'm starting to lose my mind with our solicitors.

Firstly they tried to cancel a mortgage that was being ported, which would have resulted in a £17k redemption penalty. Only decided to ask me if I wanted that at the last minute.

Then admitted with 90 mins to go that they'd made a mistake with the completion calculations and that I owed an extra £10.5k.

And now we're being served notice for failure to complete on time.

What's the latest with your saga?

I'd have hoped by now you'd have completed?

Soldato
What's the latest with your saga?

I'd have hoped by now you'd have completed?

Completed mid-October and moved in. Structural engineer coming round on Friday to hopefully give us some good news. Wife and I have decided that it's likely we're going to move out for ~6 months to get all the work done, instead of dragging it out bit by bit over the next few years. Thanks for checking though! You've actually reminded me about sending a complaint into the solicitors.

Soldato
Completed mid-October and moved in. Structural engineer coming round on Friday to hopefully give us some good news. Wife and I have decided that it's likely we're going to move out for ~6 months to get all the work done, instead of dragging it out bit by bit over the next few years. Thanks for checking though! You've actually reminded me about sending a complaint into the solicitors.

Ah good, sounds like things did move pretty quickly after the EA threatening to serve you notice! - i assume nothing came of that?

Yeah definitely worth a complaint to the solicitors, you seemed to have quite a few problems from them which i'd argue were bordering over the negligence area.

WRT moving out, i don't blame you tbh, there's nothing worse than trying to "live amongst" a building site. When we moved into ours i spent a good few weeks ripping the bedrooms back to just floorboard and plaster - which arguably isn't too bad. But was still a mess and certainly not somewhere you could just sleep with the amount of dust lingering about. Thankfully we had about 3 weeks before having to move out of the flat and into the house full time.

Back
Top Bottom