NVP

NVP

Soldato
Jacob & Co.
Astronomia
$1m

psnQgyZ.gif

Description
The Astronomia Tourbillon is a truly unique, groundbreaking timepiece that elevates the art of watchmaking above the Earth, above time. Combining the highest level of Swiss timepiece craftsmanship and the horological decorative arts to create a watch that is a poetic visual rendering of the celestial world with every element in constant, visible motion, all under the control of the oscillator at the heart of the three-axis tourbillon with an orbital display of the hours and minutes.

Specifications
REFERENCE:

AT100.40.AC.SD.A
MATERIAL:
18K Rose Gold; Sapphire Apertures on Sides.
THICKNESS:
25mm
DIAMETER:
50mm
POWER RESERVE:
60-Hours.
MOVEMENT CALIBER:
Exclusive Jacob & Co. Manual Winding JCAM10
WATER RESISTANCE:
30m (ISO 2281).
FUNCTIONS:
Hours, Minutes Dial Rotating in 20 min on the Central Axis, Patented Differential Gears System; Faceted Spherical Diamond Rotating in 60 sec on 2 axes (Weight: 1 carat; 288 Patented Facets Exclusive Jacob Cut) Magnesium Lacquered Globe rotating in 60sec on 2 axes; Gravitational Tourbillion Cage Rotating on 3 axes: 1st Axis: in 60sec, 2nd Axis: in 5min, 3rd Axis: Central Axe in 20min.
FINISHING:
Plate and Bridges: Hand Angled and Polished, Flank Draw, Circular Graining, Polished Sink; Polished Screws; Barrel: Circular Graining; Pinions: Conical Pinions; 4 Mechanical Ball Bearing Devices; Flat Balance Spring.
18 Pieces

Associate
My smartphone has a watch. Why wear a watch on your hand? Demonstrate my status? Recently I was in a bank, the clerk who opened the account for me had an expensive watch. Likely in banks so accepted. But that doesn't make sense.

Why wear designer clothes when there is Primark, why buy a Mercedes when you can buy a Dacia, why holiday in Bora Bora when you have Lanzarote.

If you need to ask then you will never understand

Soldato
i thought the Deep Space tourbillon looked nice, but that's amazing...

I've seen a few of those creations. As an item to be displayed it's a work of art but from a practical wearing point of view I'd have my doubts on how good it would be. A thickness of 25mm is seriously chunky compared to a normal watch. You'd be eternally battering it off everything by accident :o

Associate
I've seen a few of those creations. As an item to be displayed it's a work of art but from a practical wearing point of view I'd have my doubts on how good it would be. A thickness of 25mm is seriously chunky compared to a normal watch. You'd be eternally battering it off everything by accident :o
a friend has a Corum Bubble watch, and that must be a similar ~20mm thickness. I've accidently bashed my dive watch a couple times, so I have no idea how these domed watches survive.

Caporegime
Well, it became clear to me. I thought that the clock shows the time. And this turns out to be an ornament, like ladies' earrings. Congratulations, Western civilization has become one step more feminized. And one more thing, men will look prettier if they start to paint their lips and let their eyes down.
Alice, the same weak-sauce logic can be applied to literally ALMOST ANYTHING that is sold to us. Why buy anything but the cheapest car? Why buy anything but the cheapest functional clothing? Furniture? Etc etc...

Please go away because you are now clearly trolling this thread with your nonsense logic and I have reported it to the mods as a result. :)

Soldato
Always a beauty, that!

Just sold the Orient Star. Great value for money with that one. The quality is hands down way better than a lot of 2k plus watches, it's really nice. I just had a plan which involved flipping it and if I don't stick to my guns, I'll forever keep adding watches (which my wife would kill me about!) :p Just replaced it with an Oris Artix GT Chrono though, which is now for sale if anyone is interested :D

Associate
I love some of these Omegas, they are literally making me drool lol.

However I think at this point I would be lost without a smartwatch at both work and home, as well as from a fitness point of view.

I have some half decent dress watches but they gather dust and its making me think a huge purchase like this would go to waste (suppose I do have two arms!)

Back
Top Bottom