Battlefield 6

Soldato
Looks like BF6 can be expect by Oct 2021.

I've given up on BF since BF4. Found it too Cartoony. BF3 Alpha was the absolute best the game has ever been!

What would they need to do to bring you back/ or want to see?

For me:

* 1990s Gulf War settings perhaps. Limit the cringe hi tech stuff.
* More colourful "feel good map". The new BF5 Pacific maps are honestly beautiful. The free Trial on the weekend has reignited my love for the franchise.
* More rugged/realistic feel. Something between Squad, Hell Let Loose and BF4
* Straight import of the tanks/planes/choppers from BF2
* More rewarding rank and medal system.

Will we ever get an FPS that pulls people together like BF2/3 did!

Soldato
Will we ever get an FPS that pulls people together like BF2/3 did!

Old BF2 or new BF2?

I would love to see a game pull a community like the original BF2 did.

Unfortunately, the death of community dedicated servers has put pay to that.

Original BF2 was a mind blowing online experience and not rose tinted goggles either, a genuine 64 player experience which to this day is still to be matched. A great time to be alive :D

Soldato
OP

Its hard to explain, if you played old BF2 and 1942 and played the new Pacific ones you may understand what i mean. BF4 felt closer to COD than the otherway around....

Old BF2 or new BF2?

I would love to see a game pull a community like the original BF2 did.

Unfortunately, the death of community dedicated servers has put pay to that.

Original BF2 was a mind blowing online experience and not rose tinted goggles either, a genuine 64 player experience which to this day is still to be matched. A great time to be alive :D

Old BF2..... I swear that game... Wow. I put a further 300 hours in when Revive came online, then Ea being EA asked them to take it down!

Tbh i might jump back to BF3!

Soldato
Bf3/Bad Company2 were the absolute height of greatness for me. All I ask is for that style of MP, still waiting for mcomms to return haha.

I want defined classes, 5 man squads, no hero pickups, battlelog back, guns and attachment unlocks in the style of COD MW, proper gunplay, to be scared of vehicles as infy again, proper vehicle repping with a tool by engineer externally. I want huge heavy pounding sfx, big open maps.

Big list right lol, the state of the last two bf games have driven me away.

Caporegime
I honestly don't think there's anything they can do to bring me back at this stage, 1 had it's moments but 5 was complete garbage.

It's a bit like COD in the respect that I don't even give the MP a single minutes worth of my time anymore, BF is in the same category now.

Associate
I'm not sure why bf1 and bfv were even necessary. They Wasted 5+ years. We will be right back in the "modern warfare" era again because that's what is best for these games. Not sure why all the social media/ YouTubers pushed for devs to go back to the ww1 and ww2 era anyway other that just to look for something different for no reason. Scale bf4 back to somewhere between bc2 and bf3 and call it bf6 and I'll be happy. I don't care about unlocks or the option of 5 million attachments and perks either.

Caporegime
We will be right back in the "modern warfare" era again because that's what is best for these games.

And whys that? They already had bf2\3\4\bc2 set in the modern era so a change of scenery was welcome. If you keep cranking out the same or very similar scenario's with the same weapons over and over it's gonna get stale.

Soldato
Decent progression which was stripped out since Hardline. We need more than just a handful of weapons. BF4 was the last proper progressive BF.

At this point, I've no real desire to go back to the series. I still dive into BFV for some fun shooting, but that's only out of bordem.

Man of Honour
Have to say I've no desire to go back - BF4 in many ways got stuff right but was plagued by too much shoddy work underlying code wise and unless they make a firm upfront commitment to do better on that respect and not have the same old tired legacy bugs re-emerge in the next game beta/release I refuse to reward them by spending any money their way.

Plenty of room IMO to go back to the modern warfare setting but work in some more game modes - Dice has rarely strayed successfully away from flag capture and basic team play modes but there is so much more you can do with groundwar and assault style modes.

Quite a few of these games lately have been ***** up IMO as well by developers pandering to high profile YouTubers and/or pro players who focus on a "pro-mode" style implementation that limits creativity or the ability for players to think outside the box and provide a challenge for these kind of gamers instead resulting in mechanics that mostly feed these kind of players and ultimately make a game kind of meh.

Associate
And whys that? They already had bf2\3\4\bc2 set in the modern era so a change of scenery was welcome. If you keep cranking out the same or very similar scenario's with the same weapons over and over it's gonna get stale.
How did the change of scenery work out for both cod and battlefield?
Crap guns, crap tech and crap vehicles.

Absolutely no reason why ww1/ww2 mode couldn't have been an add-on like Vietnam was.
Just my thoughts though. I just don't think that era has enough pull to merit its own game.

Caporegime
How did the change of scenery work out for both cod and battlefield?
Crap guns, crap tech and crap vehicles.

Absolutely no reason why ww1/ww2 mode couldn't have been an add-on like Vietnam was.
Just my thoughts though. I just don't think that era has enough pull to merit its own game.

You must have missed out on BF1942 and MOHAA if that's the case. Both games that were popular for years after the fact and didn't rely on gimmicky unlocks, just pure gameplay, whereas games like bf3 and 4 didn't have nearly as much staying power. Mods obviously added to that which for most "triple a" pc games these days hardly exist anymore. :(

Soldato
Blimey this thread has a few familiar names I recognise...

For me (in the midst of serious considering buying a PC to start playing BF and CoD), any new Battlefield game would have to be modern day. I agree with others that BF3/BF4 were my absolute favourites. Admittedly I'm slightly biased as I typically will only play infantry only on small maps - Lockers/Metro for example.

Associate
You must have missed out on BF1942 and MOHAA if that's the case. Both games that were popular for years after the fact and didn't rely on gimmicky unlocks, just pure gameplay, whereas games like bf3 and 4 didn't have nearly as much staying power. Mods obviously added to that which for most "triple a" pc games these days hardly exist anymore. :(
Live in the sticks, so no internet for me until ~2005 I think :eek:. Different times.

Associate
Desert Combat, was the best experience I've ever had on a Battlefield game. Superior to anything DICE have done with any Battlefield engine.

EA shutting off dedicated servers support, killing modding. Didnt help, then replacing those feature of the game with unlock progression so the battlefield is nolonger balanced throwing the game away every 12ish months and making it super casual are all turn offs for me and the same I honestly havent had fun on a BF game since 3.

Maybe one of the best BF videos ever :D

Back
Top Bottom