Red Dead Redemption 2

Associate
Chapter 2 today
Been exploring the map and trying to avoid become getting wanted whilst being a stone cold killer.
Trouble is I always forget to put my mask on lol.

Pretty good run only 2 CTD's all day despite the terrible start yesterday.

Soldato
What would you set this to if you wanted 1080p on a 4k screen? Better still if running at 1440p what did you set yours to? Cheers

in this game it’s 1/2 I think.

other games only let you go to 70% which makes 1080p impossible (and 1440p while we’re at it)

1440p is 2/3rds or .666 can’t remember how it works

Soldato
Why the discussion of refunding the game? Performance and bugs that bad?

Unfortunately, it does seem there are a lot of issues, whilst I haven't experienced a single problem and it runs amazingly for me. It looks as though a lot of people are having issues, so it may be worth holding off, as someone said previously, it's a bit of a lottery if it works or not.

Soldato
One thing I noticed in the menu that bugged me, under 'special edition' there are two options. 'core stats bonus' and 'cash bonuses & camp upgrade discounts'. Both are set to on by default and I can only seem to turn the first off. I'm happy to have the special edition for any extras, but don't really like extras that just make the game less challenging.

Soldato
One thing I noticed in the menu that bugged me, under 'special edition' there are two options. 'core stats bonus' and 'cash bonuses & camp upgrade discounts'. Both are set to on by default and I can only seem to turn the first off. I'm happy to have the special edition for any extras, but don't really like extras that just make the game less challenging.

I too disabled these, it seems a bit OP to be gaining the extra stuff.

Caporegime
You understand the nature of benchmarks right? The minimum will always be single digits in any benchmark. It's the initial jump into the loaded environment, not during the benchmark running.

Any game with a benchmark functionality has this.

No it doesn't, I can fire up Borderlands 3 right now and show that it won't bench in single digits.

But hey, if you want to get all pissy because you think I disrespected your rig then crack on.

Soldato
No it doesn't, I can fire up Borderlands 3 right now and show that it won't bench in single digits.

But hey, if you want to get all pissy because you think I disrespected your rig then crack on.

I'm not getting pissy, I've been playing the game without stutters at very good fps with everything ultra lol, I've nothing to prove. I'm just trying to help others understand the expected performance from a specific setup for those who might have the same setup as it's a common mish mash of PC components.

And sure, load up Borderlands, I'm almost certain it will have the same. I'll do the same as I've also got BL3 installed.

Soldato
I too disabled these, it seems a bit OP to be gaining the extra stuff.

Were you able to disable both? Can't seem to disable the second one which is strange.

Edit - ah sorted now. Clicking the left/right arrow on screen wouldn't work but using the arrow keys did.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm not getting pissy, I've been playing the game without stutters at very good fps with everything ultra lol, I've nothing to prove. I'm just trying to help others understand the expected performance from a specific setup for those who might have the same setup as it's a common mish mash of PC components.

And sure, load up Borderlands, I'm almost certain it will have the same. I'll do the same as I've also got BL3 installed.

Do it, I just did it right now.

My point was that many people are suffering with sudden and severe FPS drops and stutter in game, I figured your benchmark was showing the same. Genuinely happy it runs and runs well for you.

Soldato
Loving it so far, such a beautiful game, breathtaking at times. No major issues for me so far, well not since i installed latest nvidia drivers. Only issue i seem to have is the pause menu acting up where its only partially visible, and thats intermittent and seems to only happen if i am messing around with settings.
Running mostly ultra settings in 1440 with a mildly overclocked 1080 and an I5 9600k @ 4.5, seems to be running ok, had a couple of times where frame rates have dropped a bit low, but still playable.

Back
Top Bottom