Alien: Isolation Trailer

Man of Honour
I still tremble at the sight of this. I don't think I have ever played a game that actually raised my heart level to level which left me physically exhausted. I thought the developers got it spot on. They captured the movie experience which at times you forgot was a game. Sublime

Soldato
Creative Assembly made a masterpiece imo - I don't think there's a single aspect of the game that I consider to be anything less.

They have perfectly recreated the feel of the 70s film - the whole take on what space travel will look like, fits exactly as it did in the film Alien, and you can clearly see that they are lovers of the franchise; even a steam filled corridor can look amazing in this game; many of my in-game screen caps are just that - things that made me just stand and stare.

The story, though cliche, plays out at a great pace - you are never left feeling like you are trudging over the map for nothing - the progressive unlock of tools provides you a reason to go back to old areas; and the omnipresent Alien is there to provide you with a grounding to keep you running and gunning - again adding to the level of immersion and atmosphere.

Without spoiling it for anyone, I love how you get to play through one of the iconic parts of the first film - that really was an enjoyable diversion from Amanda's quest - I also really enjoyed the spacewalk bit; you really got to feel the claustrophobia of the space suit on that bit!

Hmmmmm, with the dark cold nights now drawing in - I might have to re-play this game for the umpteenth time now :D

Soldato
I've never got past the big open room after you see it for the first time.

It comes in and kills the other people in the room and then comes straight for me even though I've been crouched behind a wall out of sight the whole time.

I'm probably missing something obvious and should have just sprinted for an air vent while it was dealing with the NPC's.

Caporegime
That’s one of the most tense bits in the entire game. I always think it’s going to come up behind me whilst I’m using the tuner to unlock the door. Chuck a flare down the other end of the room and he should leave you alone.

Soldato
I am at the stage where now I feel the game has really started, the Alien is lurking around and my god it's nerve wracking

I am playing on Hard and I feel like I don't have a moment to loiter about, gotta keep moving. It seems it is more of the not seeing the Alien that is the worry, if you can see it you kinda know where you are at, when you can't, it is panic stations.

I hope I can complete this!

Soldato
I am at the stage where now I feel the game has really started, the Alien is lurking around and my god it's nerve wracking

I am playing on Hard and I feel like I don't have a moment to loiter about, gotta keep moving. It seems it is more of the not seeing the Alien that is the worry, if you can see it you kinda know where you are at, when you can't, it is panic stations.

I hope I can complete this!

Stick with it - it really is a brilliant experience :)

Soldato
I am slowly learning the tricks of this game, the scanner is a god send - Would be lost without it. I am not sure how far I am into the game but I have just got the flamethrower...Does this mean it gets easier? :p

Edit: Oh and by the way, I switched to headphones - Best advice ever who suggested that!

Associate
A tragedy they’re not making another and it obviously didn’t sell that well. But maybe some games are best left as just as a one-off game. A great example also about official reviews and how they are often not to be trusted as it didn’t do amazing if I recall.

Need to get bk into gaming as haven’t played any for about 5 months now.

Soldato
Apparently it's coming to Switch at some point. For a brief moment I did wonder if that would mean they might consider a PS4 Pro/X1X patch, but as it's being handled by another dev that seems extremely unlikely.

Soldato
As much as I'd love a sequel I would only want the same team doing it so if they can't and never will be able to they shall be remembered for giving us this master piece at least

Back
Top Bottom