• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Permabanned
You won't get a digitally signed driver all the time you be waiting for a driver like 3 times a year by only updating when its WHQL. Nothing else changes, in fact, the time I remember AMD having driver issues a few years back was, in fact, a signed driver.

I will get. All of the: 19.1.1, 19.5.2, 19.8.1, 19.9.2, 19.10.1 are WHQL..

Permabanned
Fair enough thats you call.

Why could a new card get a not proper driver support during its launch? Because of not proper driver testing by a third party and no certification for compatibility.

I am sick and tired of this AMD's psyche of an underdog. nvidia never releases "beta" drivers.

Soldato
Never knew this was happening DX12 in Fortnite

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.11.3 Highlights
Support For

• Fortnite™
    • DirectX®12 API support
Known Issues
  • Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may intermittently experience loss of display or video signal during gameplay.
  • Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience stutter in some games at 1080p and low game settings.
  • Performance Metrics Overlay may cause stutter or screen flashing on some applications.
  • Toggling HDR may cause system instability during gaming when Radeon ReLive is enabled.
  • AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop.
  • Performance Metrics Overlay may report incorrect VRAM utilization.
  • Invoking Radeon Overlay may cause games to lose focus or become minimized when HDR is enabled within Windows®.

Associate
AMD has a long history of giving long term support to their older hardware, making their GPUs have a longer useful life. There's no reason to think that has changed, especially with how popular Vega still is.

Yet they've made no visible effort to resolve the elevated memory clocks issue for the VII and don't even mention that overclocking hasn't worked since 19.7.5 for the VII?

OcUK Staff
*** DO NOT PURCHASE UNTIL 25TH NOVEMBER ONWARDS *(NEXT MONDAY!)* ***

Hi there

So I've just dropped the prices of our Asus NAVI MBA cards, but you will be thinking well those prices are not so good, but bear with me. If you follow these instructions then you will earn cash back from Asus that will get you to the £249 and £299 price points respectively, you just gotta work for it:

£40 Cashback - Proof of purchase

1. Buy an eligible ASUS Graphics Card between 25th November 2019 and 5th January 2020 at your participating dealer.
  2. Redeem your ASUS Code by registering and uploading your information and invoice – between 9th December 2019 and 19 January 2020.
  3. After a short check we will transfer the cashback to your bank account.
Asus £40 Cashbank Link

£25 Cashback - Leave a Review on OcUK of the product (Rate My Gear)

1. Purchase any valid ASUS product – click here for list of valid products.
  2. Leave a review on the respected websites of purchase. List of Designated website can be found in T&C’s
  3. Submit a registration till 31st January 2020
  4. Receive 25 €/£ Cashback and a chance to win a ROG Hamper and £50 Gamesplanet voucher
Asus £25 Rate My Gear Cashback Link

Asus Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £364.99 inc VAT

RX5700XT-8G, Core Clock: 1605MHz, Boost Clock: 1905MHz, Memory: 8192MB 14000MHz GDDR6, Stream Processors: 2560, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, RDNA, Freesync 2 HDR support, 2yr Warranty

Only £364.99 inc VAT - £299.99 AFTER CASH BACK!!!!

ORDER NOW

Asus Radeon RX 5700 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £314.99 inc VAT

RX5700-8G, Core Clock: 1465MHz, Boost Clock: 1765MHz, Memory: 8192MB 14000MHz GDDR6, Stream Processors: 2304, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, RDNA, Freesync 2 HDR support, 2yr Warrant

Only £314.99 inc VAT - £249.99 AFTER CASH BACK!!!!

ORDER NOW

The STRIX cards are also included in this offer!

Asus Radeon RX 5700 XT ROG Strix OC 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £464.99 inc VAT

ROG-STRIX-RX5700XT-O8G-GAMING, Core Clock: 1840MHz, Boost Clock: 2035MHz, Memory: 8192MB 14000MHz GDDR6, Stream Processors: 2560, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, RDNA, Freesync 2 HDR support, 3yr

Only £464.99 inc VAT - £399.99 AFTER CASHBACK!!

ORDER NOW

Asus Radeon RX 5700 ROG Strix OC 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £414.95 inc VAT

ROG-STRIX-RX5700-O8G-GAMING, Core Clock: 1620MHz, Boost Clock: 1765MHz, Memory: 8192MB 14000MHz GDDR6, Stream Processors: 2304, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, RDNA, Freesync 2 HDR support, 3yr Wa

Only £414.95 inc VAT - £349.99 AFTER CASHBACK!!!!

ORDER NOW

AMD Raise the Game GPU Bundle - Choice of Borderlands 3 or Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint plus 3 mo @ £98.99 inc VAT

Buy select AMD Radeon™ RX graphics cards and get your choice of Borderlands 3 or Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint*, plus get 3 months of Xbox Game Pass for PC* and play Gears 5.

Only £98.99 inc VAT - INCLUDED WITH THE ABOVE!!!

ORDER NOW

Let me make it clear, if you buy now, you will not get the £40 cashback, it is only valid for purchases from 25th of November (next Monday) and to get the £25 additional cashback you must leave a review on our site.

Asus are paying the cashback offer not OcUK, so claiming your cashback is strictly between you the customer and Asus directly who shall pay the funds direct into your bank account.

This is nothing short of an incredible deal, even though you gotta put a little effort in the end result is a hugely powerful 1080P/1440P graphics card that are even 4k capable at a totally insane bargain price, remember the AMD games offer to make the value even better and Asus 3yr warranty which OcUK deal with. :)

Man of Honour
Yet they've made no visible effort to resolve the elevated memory clocks issue for the VII and don't even mention that overclocking hasn't worked since 19.7.5 for the VII?
It's very disappointing. I have been an advocate of AMD GPU's for some time. But the lack of care for customers over this issue does make me think twice before spending a lot on a future high end one.

Associate
New drivers out, minor update? Still no Radeon VII clock fix though.

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.12.1 Highlights
Support For

• Radeon RX 5300M
Fixed Issues
  • Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience stutter in some games at 1080p and low game settings.
  • Some Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience an intermittent crash to desktop when playing The Outer Worlds™.
Known Issues
  • Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may intermittently experience loss of display or video signal during gameplay.
  • Performance Metrics Overlay may cause stutter or screen flashing on some applications.
  • Toggling HDR may cause system instability during gaming when Radeon ReLive is enabled.
  • AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop.
  • Performance Metrics Overlay may report incorrect VRAM utilization.
  • Invoking Radeon Overlay may cause games to lose focus or become minimized when HDR is enabled within Windows®.

Permabanned
New drivers out, minor update? Still no Radeon VII clock fix though.

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.12.1 Highlights
Known Issues

This is not normal. I would RMA the card, if it does this :o

If these settings don't have anything to do with it. Looks like the card doesn't recognise 3D load and thinks it should turn the monitor off.

Power-Sleep-settings.jpg

Man of Honour
How can I check whether freesync is available on a monitor? If the freesync option can be turned off and in in Radeon Settings does it mean the monitor definitely supports it?

Edit: I know the simple answer is to check the monitor specs but there is conflicting info on this monitor.

Last edited:
Soldato
How can I check whether freesync is available on a monitor? If the freesync option can be turned off and in in Radeon Settings does it mean the monitor definitely supports it?

Edit: I know the simple answer is to check the monitor specs but there is conflicting info on this monitor.
I would think so yes. This is what it tells me on my three monitor, one freesync and 2 not supported.

CNh1o3j.gif

Back
Top Bottom