Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
I tried plenty of others, but I decided I should take the chance while I can to have something truly impractical :p.

I was set on a 991.1 2S, but finding one with good spec is a faff and I was worried it would lose its special feeling too quickly. The R8 V8 wasn't noisy enough either.

I think the 4C is truly something special, and somewhat of a bargain. It feels like someone grabbed a boosty 90s Turbo rally engine and chucked it in a roller skate, bloody brilliant.

OcUK Staff
I tried plenty of others, but I decided I should take the chance while I can to have something truly impractical :p.

I was set on a 991.1 2S, but finding one with good spec is a faff and I was worried it would lose its special feeling too quickly. The R8 V8 wasn't noisy enough either.

I think the 4C is truly something special, and somewhat of a bargain. It feels like someone grabbed a boosty 90s Turbo rally engine and chucked it in a roller skate, bloody brilliant.

911's are such great all rounders. But agreed finding one in right specification can be very difficult.
R8 V8 you'd hate, they are slow, V10 or nothing and then maybe a bit boring at legal speeds, but if you want attention they get it for sure.

You made right choice, a car that is rare, exotic, feels truly special to drive, it will annoy you on cold days for lack of able to drive it hard due to fear of binning it or crashing, but when the weather shines it will be totally awesome drive. Enjoy it!

Soldato
911's are such great all rounders. But agreed finding one in right specification can be very difficult.
R8 V8 you'd hate, they are slow, V10 or nothing and then maybe a bit boring at legal speeds, but if you want attention they get it for sure.

You made right choice, a car that is rare, exotic, feels truly special to drive, it will annoy you on cold days for lack of able to drive it hard due to fear of binning it or crashing, but when the weather shines it will be totally awesome drive. Enjoy it!

I did test drive...

991.1 C2S & GTS (Way over budget but let me have a go so why not!)
981 Cayman S (Fantastic, but didn't feel special enough. Had budget for GTS but don't think it's worth it)
R8 V8 S-Tronic (Mostly liked it, but not noisy/quick enough)

Alfa came into my mind about a month ago. Feels special, quite rare on the roads, low running costs and seemingly good reliability. If I could put up with the R8 practicality I can put up with this aswell, the road noise is a bit lol though. Also I want to do more track days next year, and cheaper brakes/tyres on this.

The BMW will do you well in Winter ;)

you dont want anything sporty for winter !, it will get ruined !

Z4 is gone! 4C will be my daily as of next week, at least I won't be buying any big presents for friends & family as they sure as hell won't fit in the boot anyway!
Awesome car, the likes of which I'll probably never own! But the rear wheel to arch fitment is annoying. :p
It's handbuilt by Italians from fibreglass/plastic, what do you expect ;). Spacers are on the list, but only when I can get the Geo done at the same time.

Last edited:
Associate
Here's one of my Classic Jags, 1964, 3.8, Manual O/D, Spent 25+ years in California from 6 months old, When imported back it was cleaned, Etch primed and rustproofed underneath so it's pretty rot free, It's pretty much bodily 98% original, Excuse the winter wires!
SYHp1ti.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom