The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - MODS & TWEAKS

Soldato
I'll have a look at that tonight cheers.

I'm just up to level 27 now after a while playing it again. Man this game has so much hidden stuff that it's like a new game when you play it again, especially with a different race/strategy.

My worry is that if I mod it now, it might affect my current game and possibly bug it. I'm not wanting to start over yet again.

I'd leave it until you start a fresh play-through, you can then mod it to the kind of game or role you want to play.

Soldato
Just got back into this game, well if I'm 100% honest I never really played it properly the first time, probably put 50 some hours quit half way through.

Started again a week ago, got to level 30 something playing standard edition, kinda ignored the fact I had the special edition in steam.

Have come to the realisation that you can get survival mode with the SE.

I installed and fortunately, I managed to copy my save over from standard to SE despite the fact I had some mods on standard. Pretty much every mod I had on standard was just graphics improvements (installed these years ago through the steam workshop) and seems it didn't mess with the save file as everything seems to be there on SE.

Just fired up Vortex and download some graphics mods, I have a fair bit of experience with modding Fallout 4.

......but, trying to decide whether to fire up a brand new start on survival mode, hmmmmmm.

Any must have mods?

The only non graphic improvement one I have so far is fast travel enabled on survival (because **** that) and the unofficial Skyrim patch.

Soldato
So it's getting to that point where I can feel I want to load up Skyrim for about the 15th time, but I dread the modding setup. I remember spending 30+ hours just installing and testing mods.

Are there any packs, a bit like ANOMALY for STALKER? Or is it still a case of manually install 200+ mods via an organiser?

Man of Honour
Still annoyed that my ini got reset after a driver/GPU change and I lost the most recent set of tweaks I was using and couldn't remember the exact settings (so my saved games crash, etc.) - I'd got it tweaked to properly render trees to the horizon, extra long distance grids stable without mission bugs, etc. and no z-fighting on distant mountains and so on which really improved the immersion.

Soldato
Yup, something called (I think) wabberjack. Should install a load of mods for you.
29h8hg.jpg

That looks great, I'll have to check it out.

Soldato
So I installed Wabbajack using the LoTD modlist, and holy cow is it a new game. I thought it looked good in the past but this is something else. And just like that, I have 16 hours in a new playthrough; more like 20+, as I've died a lot. I'm not using autosaves/quicksaves as per the guide instructions so I'm forgetting to save often enough...

It runs surprisingly well considering the amount of mods and at 3440x1440, but I'm still going to swap my 980Ti for a 2070S so I can get 60FPS constantly. GSync helps, but it drops to 30s/40s outside which is very noticeable. I'm not running an ENB either, but I'd like to. £500 to make one game just that little prettier... :D

Soldato
Except Wabbajack seems to require you to have a premium Nexus account else doesn't work

Yup, but it costs very little and opens up the download speed caps etc. Well worth the couple of quid to have tool pull down and install the mods correctly for you. I can't imagine how long it'd take to do LoTD manually. A couple of a full days, easily.

Soldato
Is there any screenshots available of Wabbajack?

I'll try and get some next time I'm playing, likely later tomorrow night. There are a few 'let's play' type of videos featuring it. It's a HUGE mod list, and massively changes a lot of the game. Combat, spells, NPCs are all very different and there's a lot of extra places added. I seem to recall it being ~1200 mods in total.

Back
Top Bottom