The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - MODS & TWEAKS

I have been wanting to play this game however the graphics look outdated, anyone recommend any mods for this or have any guides on how to easily install mods to make my graphics look better?

I have been wanting to play this game however the graphics look outdated, anyone recommend any mods for this or have any guides on how to easily install mods to make my graphics look better?
Just checking we're talking about the same game... this is the Skyrim forum yeah?
The mod forum? There's nothing but guides and tweaks for getting to to look beautiful :)
PredCaliber is a constant force of good for skyrim

For me (who has spent as many hours modding as playing) Wabbajack is a god send. Rock solid modding for little effort.

Last edited:
Yep, like @GBRusty already said, Wabbajack is the way to go:
Then it's just a matter of selecting a modlists you like. Living Skyrim is pretty comprehensive, but does change more than the graphics.
There are some which are more visually focused too.
Pretty much all use MMO ad the launcher but something like Wildlander also has it's own launcher settings thing.

Something like Nolvus is outside of Wabbajack (but possible uses the source code?), but it's ENB choices and lighting seemed poor IMO.

Just checking we're talking about the same game... this is the Skyrim forum yeah?
The mod forum? There's nothing but guides and tweaks for getting to to look beautiful :)
PredCaliber is a constant force of good for skyrim

For me (who has spent as many hours modding as playing) Wabbajack is a god send. Rock solid modding for little effort.
Yep, like @GBRusty already said, Wabbajack is the way to go:
Then it's just a matter of selecting a modlists you like. Living Skyrim is pretty comprehensive, but does change more than the graphics.
There are some which are more visually focused too.
Pretty much all use MMO ad the launcher but something like Wildlander also has it's own launcher settings thing.

Something like Nolvus is outside of Wabbajack (but possible uses the source code?), but it's ENB choices and lighting seemed poor IMO.

thanks, I'll have a look at Wabbajack

Is there a version on Wabbajack that offers a nice looking 4k version of the game without any game changing mods like additional areas etc.? Basically like the original but good looking?
There certainly are ones which claim to be just visual without changing the gameplay much.

I can tell you which ones which do change the gameplay - sometimes a lot!
Nolvus - turns the plains almost tundra like land of Whiterun into mostly forest. Haven't gone to other keeps in that one.
Living Skyrim - far more balanced but Skyrim is noticeable not so empty.
Wildlander - harder with some survival elements but still balanced.

But back to this which are plain with extra eye candy, Total Visual Overhaul is one of the oldest.

But I think you just have to go Wabbajack website and look. Also don't forget that the website gallery and the gallery inside Wabbajack itself are not the same. Unsure why as it's more than the difference of official and unofficial modlists (and official or not might be something authors decide).

Last edited:
Hi Peeps

I've played Skyrim several tiumes over the years with about 700 hours in. But I haven't played in 4 years and I have a substantially better PC these days than when I first or last played it.

I'm looking for some advice on which version to play, and a simple way to apply some mods. I did use Vortex at one point and SkyUI (in the interface mod) with SKSE etc. But I've long since forgotten how I did all that and currently have nothing installed not even the game.

I won't be going deep into the mods rabbithole. I'd like some gameplay improvements maybe see how pretty it can look on my new PC remove some bugs and keep the one that lets me create ridiculous craft items.

I run an AMD Ryzen 5 Core 76000 5.1GHz, 32GB of Ram with a Radeon RX 7900 with 16GB and a 2TB SSD.

I have Skyrim and Skyrine SE available to me on Steam.

Any help much appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi Peeps

I've played Skyrim several tiumes over the years with about 700 hours in. But I haven't played in 4 years and I have a substantially better PC these days than when I first or last played it.

I'm looking for some advice on which version to play, and a simple way to apply some mods. I did use Vortex at one point and SkyUI (in the interface mod) with SKSE etc. But I've long since forgotten how I did all that and currently have nothing installed not even the game.

I won't be going deep into the mods rabbithole. I'd like some gameplay improvements maybe see how pretty it can look on my new PC remove some bugs and keep the one that lets me create ridiculous craft items.

I run an AMD Ryzen 5 Core 76000 5.1GHz, 32GB of Ram with a Radeon RX 7900 with 16GB and a 2TB SSD.

I have Skyrim and Skyrine SE available to me on Steam.

Any help much appreciated.
As being mentioned in this thread Wabbajack and a Nexus premium account is a one click solution where modders have mod lists you can choose from.

Last edited:
Well having spent a few hours reading a few different guides and mod lists .. ****** hell what a palaver. Even some of the "essentials" lists have 200+ mods in them and the process seems from the written description so much more involved than last time I did it. I'm getting the feeling that rabbithole may be the entry level into using mods.

Well having spent a few hours reading a few different guides and mod lists .. ****** hell what a palaver. Even some of the "essentials" lists have 200+ mods in them and the process seems from the written description so much more involved than last time I did it. I'm getting the feeling that rabbithole may be the entry level into using mods.

Use Wabbajack, it's much easier but will require a month's subscription to Nexus.

Back
Top Bottom