Best post of this (about to end) decade?

Soldato
Hey,

Thought this might bring up some funny responses to posts others never knew existed. What is the best post of the decade, it can be a post in a legendary thread or stand alone post... whatever.

Since I have a terrible memory, I'll get the ball rolling with this very recent gem from the CPU section of the forum, a 3900X being recommended for browsing the internet.

Browsing is CPU demanding, especially YouTube and Facebook.

I'd go for the following:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £705.47 (includes shipping: £10.50)

What have you got? I'm sure you guys have better memories than I do, and can claw back some damn good posts!

Happy New year all!

Soldato
It can be pretty cpu intensive if you have loads of tabs open and other stuff running.

I feel not so good about it but the post of the decade has to be the my little pony post.

Soldato
"1/2 and 1/3 are the same" - me in a typical GD thread, and I was right too as it was dependent on the way you think about maths because numbers are great to mess with!!

100 + 50 (which is ½ of 100) = 150

⅓ of 150 = 50

So it can be said that in this case both 1/2 and 1/3 are the same, even when they're not :D

Caporegime
I quite liked the one where Threepwood wouldn't accept Middlesbrough was in Yorkshire despite Middlesbrough's own website saying it was.

:D that was amusing - I think he almost thought he'd been able to cherry pick something when he found it was a unitary authority and in the ceremonial county - didn't seem to realise that York is also a unitary authority and in that very same ceremonial county.... if he wanted to extend the same argument there then apparently "York" isn't in North Yorkshire either....

Permabanned
I quite liked the one where Threepwood wouldn't accept Middlesbrough was in Yorkshire despite Middlesbrough's own website saying it was.

Was the North Yorkshire thread this one? https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/whats-up-with-yorkshire.18861697/

Mine has to be this one.

Soldato
"1/2 and 1/3 are the same" - me in a typical GD thread, and I was right too as it was dependent on the way you think about maths because numbers are great to mess with!!

100 + 50 (which is ½ of 100) = 150

⅓ of 150 = 50

So it can be said that in this case both 1/2 and 1/3 are the same, even when they're not :D

you're still wrong

Soldato
There was a hilarious thread about some guy customising his own car, a Lotus if I remember right. I'm fairly sure the poster was called TurboToaster, but I can't any users by that name - only mentions.

An example of what I mean, posted on these very forums:

Back
Top Bottom