Paedophile gang not dealt with by both the Police and social services.

Soldato
I'm just reading this article in the Manchester evening news. Please read at least some of it before replying.

A paedophile grooming gang was left to roam the streets of Manchester - and police knew who they were and exactly what they were doing.

SPECIAL REPORT: A blistering inquiry reveals a vast south Manchester grooming gang targeted vulnerable children ‘in plain sight’ of police and social workers, who then failed to protect kids from abuse and even death. Jen Williams reports.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...s/paedophile-grooming-gang-left-roam-17562300

Words nearly fail me after reading the article. It's sick. A child was being visited by a pimp, injected with drugs and regularly raped.

I'm beginning to think that some of the people at the highest levels of these services that are supposed be protecting children have a pedophilic nature. It is the only reason I can think of how they don't react with disgust at not only hearing things like this but doing nothing to stop it. If you can't protect children then its time to pack up and go home.

Soldato
Condoned is such a redtop rag way of putting it.

You starve services of resources and tell them to hit targets you get consequences.

The only way a resource starved service is going to handle a complicated issue is if someone privately does a ton of legwork on their own and hands it over on a silver plate so it is now an achievable and realistic target for the service.

That or enormous public awareness and pressure which results in special allocation of more resources to allow the service to do what it needs to.

Soldato
I haven't read all the details but I assume the 100 men involved used their white privileged to avoid being prosecuted.

Last edited:
Associate
They did nothing to protect them because they were institutionally crippled at the thought of appearing 'racist'
To not risk offending a minority community was prioritised for decades over the literal lives of innocent children.

Soldato
OP
There seems to be this attitude that a girl underage can consent to sex, even though the age of consent in the UK is 16.

I'm not sure of the current law regarding the failure to report a crime. But if we do have it a lot of people should be thrown in jail. If we don't then we need it.

Apparently there is to be a press conference shortly.

Caporegime
Nobody will be prosecuted. Nobody will be sacked. The lefties will forget about it because those committing the crimes are their favourite persecuted demographic. Everyone else, like those at the time who whistle blew will be called racist and ignored. More young girls will suffer.

Caporegime
I'm just reading this article in the Manchester evening news. Please read at least some of it before replying.

A paedophile grooming gang was left to roam the streets of Manchester - and police knew who they were and exactly what they were doing.

SPECIAL REPORT: A blistering inquiry reveals a vast south Manchester grooming gang targeted vulnerable children ‘in plain sight’ of police and social workers, who then failed to protect kids from abuse and even death. Jen Williams reports.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...s/paedophile-grooming-gang-left-roam-17562300

Words nearly fail me after reading the article. It's sick. A child was being visited by a pimp, injected with drugs and regularly raped.

I'm beginning to think that some of the people at the highest levels of these services that are supposed be protecting children have a pedophilic nature. It is the only reason I can think of how they don't react with disgust at not only hearing things like this but doing nothing to stop it. If you can't protect children then its time to pack up and go home.

So I have read the entire article and what I take from it is that basically no resources were put into it not that people at the highest levels in social services or the police are pedos. Quite telling at one point it says that there had been two murders so it was either police officers on the murder cases or the child abuse.

Caporegime
They did nothing to protect them because they were institutionally crippled at the thought of appearing 'racist'
To not risk offending a minority community was prioritised for decades over the literal lives of innocent children.

That isnt what the investigation report says. Is that your opinion?

Caporegime
Seems like a gross under-funding and ack of resources. What is bizarre is that the evidence they had wasn't sufficient to secure more funding, and even if the councial failed there would ahve been other channels to go through to amke it known the police are not investigating potential pedophiles rings due to funding.

Soldato
Nobody will be sacked.

Whose head are you lining up for sacking exactly, got a name in mind?

The decision for budget cuts comes right from the top, well above the people who are being targeted for blame.

The service departments have no authority to obtain more money, quite the opposite, their senior figures have instructions to enforce the budget cuts. If they fail to follow that very clear instruction they will lose their senior position and someone else who can follow instructions will replace them.

Which is why I said:

The only way a resource starved service is going to handle a complicated issue is if someone privately does a ton of legwork on their own and hands it over on a silver plate so it is now an achievable and realistic target for the service.

That or enormous public awareness and pressure which results in special allocation of more resources to allow the service to do what it needs to.

Caporegime

The decision for budget cuts comes right from the top, well above the people who are being targeted for blame.

The service departments have no authority to obtain more money, quite the opposite, their senior figures have instructions to enforce the budget cuts.

Bowbon is after blood though as he is convinced that people at the top are pedos. Nowadays people would rather believe that its some massive conspiracy theory or cover up rather than the much more boring "lack of money/resources/people doing the jobs didn't care" which is what it generally turns out to be.

Caporegime
There seems to be this attitude that a girl underage can consent to sex, even though the age of consent in the UK is 16.

Underage sex is the new 'age of consent' sex. People are increasingly comfortable with the idea that kids as young as 12 are sleeping with each other. Apparently this is all fine and normal, and everyone is just supposed to turn a blind eye.

From the BBC article:

Apologising for the multi-agency failings, Mr Burnham said the report made "extremely difficult reading" but it was "only by fully facing up to past failures that we will be able to correct them".

I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever in any police force that uses this kind of language. It's shamelessly self serving, and suggests an institutional resistance to addressing the real issues.

'Yes we cocked up a bit in the past, but we've now realised that allowing known paedophiles to abuse children is the wrong thing to do, so we'll be looking into ways we can change our approach to that in the future.'

:rolleyes:

Caporegime

^^ This. The resources were not allocated because the police were reluctant to do so. It was easier to let the crimes continue and avoid upsetting the Asian community.

You have to wonder about the state of a police force that can see a large scale paedophile operating on its own doorstep, realises that it lacks the necessary resources to tackle the problem, and makes a deliberate decision to stay quiet instead of bringing the issue to national attention and fighting desperately for the resources required.

It's a stunning indictment of our brave new postmodern world, in which even the cops don't care enough to do their jobs properly because that would require some effort.

Soldato
I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever in any police force that uses this kind of language. It's shamelessly self serving, and suggests an institutional resistance to addressing the real issues.

That's the Mayor of Greater Manchester you're quoting, the one that commissioned the inquiry that the article is based on. But do continue with the non-article based tirade that you followed up with.

Meanwhile it's worth saying that you accidentally almost got there because the actual statements made by the GMP cannot address the "real issues" as they are caused by budget cuts from above. The GMP leadership is not about to pick up a microphone, denounce both the minister they report to and the government for forcing GMP into making horrible decisions because the budget isn't enough to do everything GMP is supposed to be responsible for.

No, they have to suck it up, continue with a shoestring budget and rob another section for the money to patch up the section that got the public attention and caused embarrassment.

Soldato
It's a stunning indictment of our brave new postmodern world, in which even the cops don't care enough to do their jobs properly because that would require some effort [money].

This edit is more like my take on the story, as supported by the article.

The initial police investigation as far as it got attracted praise by the inquiry for what it did manage to collect. One of the detectives working on it was unhappy that it was cancelled for resource reasons and is a major reason for the issue being pushed into public attention.

The entire article is laced with resource issues over and over again.

Is it really easier to believe that authorities are all institutionally evil ******** and that it's super easy to fix.

It is easy to fix, you just need to pay more tax, sound good? Of course it then needs to pass the governments policies and if the government feels like it, the money will be allocated. If not, well too bad, the government gets to decide where it goes not you.

Capodecina
Soldato
BBC Online said:
The report forms the first half of a larger investigation launched after the broadcast of the BBC documentary about child sex exploitation in Greater Manchester.
Shurely shome mishtake; are they referring to that evil broadcaster that so many here want to denigrate :confused:

Caporegime

You've answered your own question.

Those further down the ladder should be letting it known to those further up what's going on. If they then don't receive the money it's clean where the decision was made. That's who you blame. If those further up weren't made aware they cannot act.

Back
Top Bottom