• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon RX 5950 XT, 5800 XT SKUs Submitted To EEC

Soldato
Man I hope I am wrong. So far what they have shown is just meh at best so hopefully they pull something out.
From what I've read Intel does have more then 1 sku. And the one demo'd may not actually be the final product.

What we actually need is a culling of retards who happily spend £1,200 on a 2080 Ti.
LOL. They would never buy AMD dGPUs to begin with. Even if the 5950 XT beats the 3080TI by 25% they will still buy a second hand 2080ti/2080. Or, if they can afford it, buy a 3080ti. That is the norm I've seen unfortunately.

Man of Honour
From what I've read Intel does have more then 1 sku. And the only demo'd may not actually be the final product.

I do have some "inside" info I guess you could say and from what I am hearing it doesn't look at all good. They are a while off though so perhaps they will surprise me. I doubt it though, this will be another "Sis Xabre 400/600" promising but a total mess.

Caporegime
I'm not expecting much from Intel's GPU's, i really hope they are good because #### we need the competition but GPU design is not easy and Nvidia, even AMD are so far advanced in dGPU's now no one, not even Intel are going to enter that market and be competitive right off the bat, hell the truth is Intel right now are way behind AMD in CPU design. Intel are not 'all that'

IMO Intel will introduce some cheap GPU's in the low to mid level that are a bit iffy but they will be cheap.

Soldato
I do have some "inside" info I guess you could say and from what I am hearing it doesn't look at all good. They are a while off though so perhaps they will surprise me. I doubt it though, this will be another "Sis Xabre 400/600" promising but a total mess.
Well this is all 'newer' for them. They have Raja at the helm steering the ship. I do have confidence they will get it together. Now when that will happen is still unknown. And it appears that when they do it might be low-mid range skus.

Soldato
OP
I'm not expecting much from Intel's GPU's, i really hope they are good because #### we need the competition but GPU design is not easy and Nvidia, even AMD are so far advanced in dGPU's now no one, not even Intel are going to enter that market and be competitive right off the bat, hell the truth is Intel right now are way behind AMD in CPU design. Intel are not 'all that'

IMO Intel will introduce some cheap GPU's in the low to mid level that are a bit iffy but they will be cheap.
I also hope that VIA returns with its X86 licence to the cpu market ;)

Soldato
LOL. They would never buy AMD dGPUs to begin with. Even if the 5950 XT beats the 3080TI by 25% they will still buy a second hand 2080ti/2080. Or, if they can afford it, buy a 3080ti. That is the norm I've seen unfortunately.
Who said anything about an AMD card?

As long as there are muppets who will fork out obscene money for <PRODUCT X> then <COMPANY X> will see no need to lower prices. In turn, <COMPANY Y> will see no need to significantly undercut <COMPANY X> and pitch <PRODUCT Y> at a comparable price. And with these 2 companies inflating the market price because they know goods will sell, <COMPANY Z> will just join them.

Now if you fill in those blanks with real names:

Nvidia release RTX 2080 for $699 and it sells. AMD can brute force similar performance with Radeon VII so also charge $699 because the market will support that price.
Nvidia sell RTX 2070 for $499. AMD beat it with the 5700 XT and announce at $449. Nvidia doesn't lower prices and release the Supers instead for more money. AMD drop the 5700 XT to $399 and Nvidia still doesn't lower prices.

Same goes with the GTX 1600, RX 5500 and RX 5600 ranges.

So AMD are offering competitive products, but that competition is maintaining inflated prices, not lowering them. So why then would the arrival of Intel change that? Intel will just come in at the same price because the market supports it.

Now if consumers didn't buy the 2080 Ti at £1,200 Nvidia would have to lower the price. If consumers didn't buy the 2080 and Radeon VII at £700 Nvidia and AMD would have to lower the price. If consumers didn't buy the 2070 Super at £500 and the 5700 XT at £450 Nvidia and AMD would have to lower price. It's the consumer dictating the inflated prices because they are empowering Nvidia and AMD to take the ****. So if you want prices to come down, cull the morons with more money than brains.

Soldato
OP

As long as there are muppets who will fork out obscene money for <PRODUCT X> then <COMPANY X> will see no need to lower prices. In turn, <COMPANY Y> will see no need to significantly undercut <COMPANY X> and pitch <PRODUCT Y> at a comparable price. And with these 2 companies inflating the market price because they know goods will sell, <COMPANY Z> will just join them.

Now if you fill in those blanks with real names:

Nvidia release RTX 2080 for $699 and it sells. AMD can brute force similar performance with Radeon VII so also charge $699 because the market will support that price.
Nvidia sell RTX 2070 for $499. AMD beat it with the 5700 XT and announce at $449. Nvidia doesn't lower prices and release the Supers instead for more money. AMD drop the 5700 XT to $399 and Nvidia still doesn't lower prices.

Same goes with the GTX 1600, RX 5500 and RX 5600 ranges.

So AMD are offering competitive products, but that competition is maintaining inflated prices, not lowering them. So why then would the arrival of Intel change that? Intel will just come in at the same price because the market supports it.

Now if consumers didn't buy the 2080 Ti at £1,200 Nvidia would have to lower the price. If consumers didn't buy the 2080 and Radeon VII at £700 Nvidia and AMD would have to lower the price. If consumers didn't buy the 2070 Super at £500 and the 5700 XT at £450 Nvidia and AMD would have to lower price. It's the consumer dictating the inflated prices because they are empowering Nvidia and AMD to take the ****. So if you want prices to come down, cull the morons with more money than brains.

Nvidia just announced price cuts starting with the RTX 2060

https://www.anandtech.com/show/1541...2xY49pA-lrWns7AWiohktzPG8B8I3mJp7qs1yxQ_dMsYg

Soldato
I did. I used it as an example.

So why then would the arrival of Intel change that?
Whenever any organization/company/entity enters a duopoly market it changes the dynamic of that market. In Intels case they have no brand loyalty for their dGPu right now. They would penetrate this market with a good marketing and pricing strategy. One way to do that is undercut the competitors to make their products l,ook more attractive. Thus the consumers benefit, for example.

Now if consumers didn't buy the 2080 Ti at £1,200 Nvidia would have to lower the price. If consumers didn't buy the 2080 and Radeon VII at £700 Nvidia and AMD would have to lower the price. If consumers didn't buy the 2070 Super at £500 and the 5700 XT at £450 Nvidia and AMD would have to lower price.
The market is voltatile. We can't stop people from making, what you consider, foolish purchasing decision. So, wishing they would "stop" isn't really a answer to how consumers will benefit from better prices. One way to cull that is to actually have more then a duopoly in the dGPU market. Having a third enter this market can disrupt normal business practices.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's not gonna happen. What we actually need is a culling of retards who happily spend £1,200 on a 2080 Ti.

Totally agree.

I've always had the cash and I have always wanted a 2080ti.
But I've never been able to get over the £1000 mark in my head, so made the decision not to buy one.
The hard truth is the 2080ti always has been and still is terrible value, and I fully expect the 3080ti as the top dog will continue that trend.

I'm just hoping I can pickup a reasonably priced 2080ti on clearance after the RTX 3xxx range releases.
And 'IF' AMD come up with a efficient, cool running card that is on par with the 2080ti I'd be totally up for looking at that as well if the price is right.

Admittedly I think Nvidia GFX drivers are more stable and have far less problems than AMDs, so that is one reason I would want to stick with Nvidia.

Caporegime
Permabanned
The 2060 is the most bizarre card from nV in years, isn't it.

Nowhere near enough RT performance if you want to try RT, but with price premium of an RT card, and in all other respects pretty underwhelming.

Not sure why they even bothered with it.

Yes. RT in Minecraft is big laugh. I don't even know why this type of game exists in the first place and what's its meaning with 1980 graphics?

Soldato
Sorry @EastCoastHandle , not gonna happen. Nobody bought ATI when they were superior to Nvidia, nobody bought Radeon when they were similar and cheaper to Nvidia, nobody buys Radeon now when they are superior and cheaper to Nvidia. So nobody is going to buy Intel. And because nobody will buy Intel or Radeon, Nvidia will continue to overcharge for their entire product stack because the retarded sheep just keep sucking down hard on that leather jacket.

Soldato
Sorry @EastCoastHandle , not gonna happen. Nobody bought ATI when they were superior to Nvidia, nobody bought Radeon when they were similar and cheaper to Nvidia, nobody buys Radeon now when they are superior and cheaper to Nvidia. So nobody is going to buy Intel. And because nobody will buy Intel or Radeon, Nvidia will continue to overcharge for their entire product stack because the retarded sheep just keep sucking down hard on that leather jacket.

If AMD and Intel will gradually build their brand name to be in people's heads at the same level with nVIDIA's, then they'll buy it. Just like they buy Ryzen.

Soldato
If AMD and Intel will gradually build their brand name to be in people's heads at the same level with nVIDIA's, then they'll buy it. Just like they buy Ryzen.
But it's taken the literal humiliation of Intel by Zen 2 for AMD to get noticed, and a large part of that humiliation has come from capitalising on Intel's lackadaisical arrogance. Nvidia are not doing an Intel, so it is a continually moving target for AMD to even match them, let alone surpass them, and resoundingly surpass them so even the most green-blinkered fanboi can't ignore it.

Soldato
Hopefully with their increased income AMD will be able to catch up with Nvidia. I'll be looking out for +50% increase on a 5700XT at £700 or less, the lower the better.

Associate

if AMD become more competitive with Radeon then i think people these days may take more notice due to the success of Ryzen.

Back
Top Bottom