£500-600 gaming pc. Realistic?

Associate
Hey all. Been looking to get a pc together for a while now. My problem is that i dont really know what i am looking at.

I've scoured the forums in order to look at components/builds but i dont know wether any of them are suitable to add better components to later on down the line when funds permit!

So really, what can i get for the budget (no screen or peripherals), that would be compatible to upgrades later on?

Uses would be internet browsing, youtube and gaming. (im in the uk)

Games i intend to play are rocket league, escape from tarkov, fortnite, apex. As long as it can play these without screaming at me id be happy

Im not expecting mindblowing graphics for the budget. Just something reasonable that a complete nub can put together :)

TIA

Man of Honour
Associate
OP

Thank you my dude! Seen several of your replies to similar posts (which i reffered to) so had a rough idea. That all seems great thank you. If i was wanting to upgrade layer on down the line like graphics card, would it be a straight swap or more indepth?

Man of Honour
If i was wanting to upgrade layer on down the line like graphics card, would it be a straight swap or more indepth?
straight up swap

also the mobo is decent, so with a bios update should be able to run ryzen 4000 - when it is released
the bios should be ryzen 3000 compatible by now
6 or 8 cores wouldn't be a problem with the vrms of the asrock b450m pro4

Man of Honour

Associate
OP
Thanks dude. Eases my mind a bit. Wouldnt want to drop the monry on it and do the same again with upgrades

Apart from the list would i need anything like cpu paste? Sorry, this is all very new.

Soldato
Games i intend to play are rocket league, escape from tarkov, fortnite, apex. As long as it can play these without screaming at me id be happy

@tamzzy's build delivers (personally, prefer the second) - and he's even included a tasteful case :D

Apart from the list would i need anything like cpu paste? Sorry, this is all very new.

Paste is pre-applied.

Man of Honour
probably the only other thing you'd need is the operating system, but you can get grey keys for like the cost of a couple of pints elsewhere
wouldn't recommend shelling out £110 for it :)

Man of Honour
(personally, prefer the second)
well it depends, maybe every £ counts, so the asrock board may be a better choice in some cases.
besides, if one is not thinking about 12/16c, then the asrock board is perfectly fine and that extra money can be put to other use

Associate
OP
nope. if you needed anything extra, i'd have included it ;)

Thought it would be the case but didnt want to go blind at it ha . Will probably opt for second choice to aid with "futureproofing" for the little extra cost. Im assuming it is going to hum along nicely ratger than scream at me playing those games right? Lol

Soldato
probably the only other thing you'd need is the operating system, but you can get grey keys for like the cost of a couple of pints elsewhere.
Nah. Install Ubuntu and have the endless fun of tweaking Steam/games.

well it depends, maybe every £ counts, so the asrock board may be a better choice in some cases.
besides, if one is not thinking about 12/16c, then the asrock board is perfectly fine and that extra money can be put to other use
Yep - in the sale that board is appealing for budget (£80 out of sale :/ ) shame Asrock spilt paint all over it.

Associate
OP
Think i will avoid playong with ubantu thanks haha. Already confusing enough as it is!

Any decent build guides for whta im doing. Will pretty much be solo on this:confused:

Soldato
Think i will avoid playong with ubantu thanks haha. Already confusing enough as it is!

Seriously, it's fun. You don't at all feel like sticking your head in a blender - after hours of removing seemingly random local libs (PTSD) - because your mate wants to 'stick to the man(?)' but requires you to do the gluing :/

I should add this was a few years ago - it's apparently got a lot easier and does have a very helpful community - which you need/ed.

*/adds caveat - i do really admire Linux and have Ubuntu installed on numerous pendrives (even donated in the past) - but some the of the community can get a wee bit sensitive, even when joking. So, covering my ass...

Oh, and get the Win 10 key ~£20 tops - you'll need to research but not hard to find a 'reputable'ish place'.

Any decent build guides for whta im doing. Will pretty much be solo on this:confused:
As above - watch a few examples as some will undoubtedly miss some gems/tips of information. But, if you get stuck post back - we've pretty much covered most virtual build diagnostics between us all. And don't be afraid to ask what appears to be the bleedin' obvious - better that than retrospective remorse.

Associate
OP
Seriously, it's fun. You don't at all feel like sticking your head in a blender - after hours of removing seemingly random local libs (PTSD) - because your mate wants to 'stick to the man(?)' but requires you to do the gluing :/

I should add this was a few years ago - it's apparently got a lot easier and does have a very helpful community - which you need/ed.

*/adds caveat - i do really admire Linux and have Ubuntu installed on numerous pendrives (even donated in the past) - but some the of the community can get a wee bit sensitive, even when joking. So, covering my ass...

Oh, and get the Win 10 key ~£20 tops - you'll need to research but not hard to find a 'reputable'ish place'.

As above - watch a few examples as some will undoubtedly miss some gems/tips of information. But, if you get stuck post back - we've pretty much covered most virtual build diagnostics between us all. And don't be afraid to ask what appears to be the bleedin' obvious - better that than retrospective remorse.

Thanks dude. Appreciated. Seems a lot less daunting now. Next step is to scrape togwther the cash lol

Associate
Thanks dude. Appreciated. Seems a lot less daunting now. Next step is to scrape togwther the cash lol

First bit of advice when you get your bits is to make sure your case has the Motherboard standoffs installed or put them in yourself using the hexagonal tool (often provided). The amount of people that screw the Motherboard directly to the case causing it to short out is endless.

Also, it is better to build the PC out of the case bit at a time first to ensure it boots! You can safely jump start the motherboard using a thin screwdriver (check YouTube).

Shawrey

Back
Top Bottom