US: Vikings - anyone else watching this ?

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Very dull season. Feels like they're just milking it now.

Well is he dead or not..will he rise and take the crown?
I mean this is loosely based on real viking history. Look up incumbent's tenure... So no.

Caporegime
I will watch the next half of S6 but to be honest I just want it all to end now as since Season 4 it just all went to pot and Ragnars sons have made it a pain to watch, specifically Ivar and Hvitserk, they are just awful for different reasons. The guy who plays Hvitserk is just a poor and ineffective actor mixed into a weak storyline. Ivar is just badly and comically portrayed by a guy who clearly can act but is just being directed to play his character all wrong and unconvincingly.

Lagerthas death was also terribly and disrespectfully handled all in the name of "shock and controversy". To make her part of that lame-ass Hvitserk substance abuse storyline was just sad to watch. Yes, the seer said she would die at the hands of a Son of Ragnar, but they didn't have to do it in a way that basically spits on one of the most beloved characters. Vikings is not GOT and Ned Stark was killed off after a single season... not after 6 seasons.

IMO what they should have done was have someone like Ivar kill her, either in battle or by execution/burning, something that made her a martyr to the Vikings and allowed her to give her character a proper and emotional send-off. But no, the director wanted to make it "unpredictable and subvert expectations". Ugh, I wish directors would stop doing that when it almost never works in the way it's intended.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finished part 2 as didn't realise they'd dropped all the episodes. It finishes every storyline up and does a decent job of closing the series out, It's not going to be for everyone but they've managed to do a decent job wrapping it up.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Finished part 2 as didn't realise they'd dropped all the episodes. It finishes every storyline up and does a decent job of closing the series out, It's not going to be for everyone but they've managed to do a decent job wrapping it up.

Thought that too, there was a few silly parts and some rushed conclusions for character arcs but it was always going to be a tall order give a proper send off. Thought overall the did a good job. I wanted to know more of Ubbe adventures and how he fared in his final destination.

Soldato
All watched now here also.

All good things must come to an end. It will be missed. Even if some of it isn't ''historically' correct :)

Hopefully the Valhalla spin off will also be good

Associate
Just finally finished the last season too.
I really enjoyed the whole storyline and am sad to see its now finished, but it had to end at some time. had it been longer it might have gone the way of other promising shows -walking dead etc
I guess it was going to be difficult making an ending that suited all the highs of previous episodes and one that pleased everyone, but they managed to close off all the storylines and characters fairly well.
Looking forward to the spin off now - hopefully its a good quality show, with a good storyline, acting and budget, would be a shame if they are only producing as a cash cow, they would ruin the show

Caporegime
All watched now here also.

All good things must come to an end. It will be missed. Even if some of it isn't ''historically' correct :)

Hopefully the Valhalla spin off will also be good

Agreed! One of my most favourite shows has ended, loved every min of it! Great characters, story etc

Soldato
I am glad that we got to say goodbye to Floki.

it could be argued it was rushed...but it had to end at some point and it was done nicely. I will leave it a year and rewatch the whole thing again.

My favourite characters have been in no particular order...Ragnar, Lagertha, Torvi and Ubbe and of course the brilliant Floki.

rotters

Back
Top Bottom