*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
Actually sounds ideal for me then, just want fast, reliable WiFi. Ability to manage devices as well.
Wonder if it's be better with a hdnano and a standalone router though. Probably a lot cheaper.
Do AmpliFi do a router, I don't need the level of the unifi routers.

Have you seen the UniFi Dream Machine (UDM)? It’s a UGM (UBiOS router), Cloud Key controller, HDNano and 4-port managed switch all in one small-ish canister shaped container. They’re pretty good.

Soldato
Have you seen the UniFi Dream Machine (UDM)? It’s a UGM (UBiOS router), Cloud Key controller, HDNano and 4-port managed switch all in one small-ish canister shaped container. They’re pretty good.
Yeah seen that, downside being router location isn't the ideal location for the WiFi access point.
I guess I really need separate items, I just would like a more simple router than the unifi ones I have seen.
But I probably would end up using the ISP provided router as a modem, feed that to a router and then an access point.

Soldato
And if you want to do it right, you can use the free map tool in the UniFi controller. You can drop your devices into the diagram and it (reasonably) accurately predicts signal strength through walls and floors. It’s a very good tool.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
And it looks like they pulled it... Still, you’re a Beta-tester for UBNT so you’re probably used to it by now.

I've not seen any comments on the thread it was pulled or the DL removed, I've just updated my UDMP.

All seems to be working at the moment, no real changes from the normal syslog noise but ill run through a few normal tests with it.

Soldato
I've not seen any comments on the thread it was pulled or the DL removed, I've just updated my UDMP.

All seems to be working at the moment, no real changes from the normal syslog noise but ill run through a few normal tests with it.

Planning on sys logging to my qnap

Going to have a look at that for the UI controller. Having wifi issues since changing to the UDM Pro controller.

Indeed, aren't we all? :p

Just a tad.. Makes it an expensive beta product..

Yep, I've been running 4.4.50 for about 3 weeks. Seems fine, I've had zero problems.

Just ran the upgrade whilst everyone’s asleep. Wasn’t too long. Feels a bit quicker. Been a while for the old thing to get an update.

Last night I also got a deal on a box of 5 Ubiquiti UVC-G3-AF.

Thinking of installing them up high around my gutter height. This will allow the cable to be easily ran across the loft. Thinking CAT6 perhaps. Woke decent pre made ones. Just it sure what else I need best for them. Any advice be great

Soldato
Just ran the upgrade whilst everyone’s asleep. Wasn’t too long. Feels a bit quicker. Been a while for the old thing to get an update.

Last night I also got a deal on a box of 5 Ubiquiti UVC-G3-AF.

Thinking of installing them up high around my gutter height. This will allow the cable to be easily ran across the loft. Thinking CAT6 perhaps. Woke decent pre made ones. Just it sure what else I need best for them. Any advice be great

They're not externally IP rated and the IR output is extremely poor (10m) so I wouldn't recommend deploying them in the situation you describe unless you can tuck them right up under the eaves and you install the IR booster ring. Installing them with Protect is just plug and play. you adopt them like any other Unifi device and they get configured from the Protect controller. Its a great system. Just stupifyingly expensive compared to the equivalent from Dahua or Hikvision.

Back
Top Bottom