Racing Games & Steering Wheels

Soldato
OP
Assetto Corsa is a great game but lacking any weather or light effects. Competizione lacks tracks and different car types.

I honestly prefer Dirt Rally 2.

Competizione from what I can see have a content roadmap as far as 2021, mostly GT but I'm fine with that as long as the Career is any good. Haven't had chance to look into either yet, following the news currently but DiRT 2 will be a must.

Associate
Assetto Corsa is a great game but lacking any weather or light effects. Competizione lacks tracks and different car types.

I honestly prefer Dirt Rally 2.

You can relatively easily add weather and day /night cycle to AC with Custom Shaders Patch/SOL, also brings loads of additional graphics tweaks and general improvements. Content Manager is also a must.

I play single player 90% of the time.

I have all the racing games and AC is my go to. Only just bought DR2 today so not yet tried it.

Soldato
OP
Tehehe, I decided to pay £11.99 for GRID Ultimate Edition and it's "only" 52gb

Tempted with GRID, F1 2019 and ACC, all at a good price. Not sure what GRID is like with a wheel, should be fun.

Would be interesting to see what Codemasters do with Slightly Mad Studios and future Project Cars titles.

All the titles I'm interested in are coming from 1 studio, other than ACC.

Soldato
OP
Anyone own the GT Omega Apex Wheel Stand? Just discovered I don't have enough table space... so my racing schedule is on hold for the time being, tempted to buy F1 2019 but is it worth it now considering were close to a new release?

Soldato
Anyone own the GT Omega Apex Wheel Stand? Just discovered I don't have enough table space... so my racing schedule is on hold for the time being, tempted to buy F1 2019 but is it worth it now considering were close to a new release?
Gonna be a daft update with half the season gone due to covid-19 :p

Associate
Automobilista

Criminally underrated, I have banged this drum many a time. If you can overlook the dated graphics and Brazilian theme. Lots of classic F1 tracks are thrown in, licensing prevents them being labelled accordingly. The original Österreich appears and in a '76 car, even for virtual sim racer, is truly terrifying.

Its a bit glitchy and graphics are dated (no worse than RF2), nonetheless, there are some real circuit gems, complete with tree's in the run off areas. This game reminds me of a modern day GPL.

Racing with a wheel and effects - are highly regarded.

Automobilista2 is on the horizon and I cannot wait. :)

Soldato
OP
Automobilista

Criminally underrated, I have banged this drum many a time. If you can overlook the dated graphics and Brazilian theme. Lots of classic F1 tracks are thrown in, licensing prevents them being labelled accordingly. The original Österreich appears and in a '76 car, even for virtual sim racer, is truly terrifying.

Its a bit glitchy and graphics are dated (no worse than RF2), nonetheless, there are some real circuit gems, complete with tree's in the run off areas. This game reminds me of a modern day GPL.

Racing with a wheel and effects - are highly regarded.

Automobilista2 is on the horizon and I cannot wait. :)

Just ordered my GT Omega wheel stand, also Automobilista 2 is one I'm keeping a close eye on and on my wish list!

Soldato
IRacing is brilliant except the monthly cost etc. The only racing game ever where my heart rate rises as the grid lines up.

Yep, 100% this. It's the only racing game that has ever got my heart going in online racing. Last race I did few days back a perfect example, my heart rate was through the roof at the end. Started 10th, made it up to 5th before jumping up to 4th by getting in front of the guy on pitstop strategy. Rejoined ahead, but then for the remaining quarter of the race he was all over me, my consistent lap times and lines from the first 3/4's of the race were good. But all of a sudden when the heart rate goes up, I was missing gears, brake points, hitting apex curbs etc. Nothing else beats the iRacing buzz when it comes to multiplayer racing. You try so hard not ruin someone else's race, you go as fast as you can trying to improve that irating to get into the higher splits, that when it comes to the end of the race I end up feeling like an emotional wreck haha.

Back
Top Bottom