Just called the Cardiff store to check the damn vip deal

Turns out

Can do it all in store on day - no need to redeem before that
Can use multiples
50+5+5 to get 60

Why is the info on website so poor !

Caporegime
Dissapointed at the most recent fan made set

There was winnie the pooh and some house thing chosen.

No shuttle, no thunderbird (probs licence related).
Lots of Dissapointed fans in the comments.

Buying many fewer sets recently I guess that's a good thing!

Soldato
Latest couple of builds

The 4x4 off road truck with the new interactive bluetooth/motors
Lego42099_4x4xtremeOffRoader.jpeg

Tracked loader
Lego42094_TrackedLoader.jpeg

Plus I have a backlog of alternative kits to build, first a few small Sembo cars; I was impressed with the quality of the 911 I did a few months back so ordered more.

Sembo701501FRR.jpg

Sembo701652Porchse919.jpg

Sembo701710Mustang.jpg

And a couple of larger MouldKing kits

MouldKing13106Forklift.jpg

MouldKing13108FordMustang Hoonicorn.jpg

Soldato
Oh, no wonder it didn’t show up googling Lego forklift lol
Yeah this is from Mould King, quality of their stuff is fantastic and would say the motors/power functions are better than actual lego.

I really like that mustang! Where did you get it?
Search for a site called yourwobb, also plenty of sellers on Ali Express.

Soldato
s!AjYR6IkxRdDEgYIjITaqZ0Y87JAQmg
y4mafBOttH2FbGuetFnw729m7nyI84vcrfSsdwZVbSePJ7NBBQcILh5QV6M0d9wCSsxq0yewjFGK9xugkzLuZJJPd5DcP9dyU7HPIkn-B5CFtKK9kIi6QMG9jjcTpMg2hY87xC-CtmUfIpBPZrQxFl5qWQ5ot8ax4m9K28qr0ExiGxPjv9qIW53eWqj15rqDLP9QB1oczBk1of5VMWLx-sOaA
y4mafBOttH2FbGuetFnw729m7nyI84vcrfSsdwZVbSePJ7NBBQcILh5QV6M0d9wCSsxq0yewjFGK9xugkzLuZJJPd5DcP9dyU7HPIkn-B5CFtKK9kIi6QMG9jjcTpMg2hY87xC-CtmUfIpBPZrQxFl5qWQ5ot8ax4m9K28qr0ExiGxPjv9qIW53eWqj15rqDLP9QB1oczBk1of5VMWLx-sOaA
At least a silver lining to the teacher holiday, have dug out old lego models. Think some of the elastic bands have stretched, and the o-rings in the pneumatics are dead.

Last edited:
Soldato
Slightly jealous of the shuttle you have there! I've got the ISS to work through now, debating if to save it for when we go into lockdown and I can't get into work.

Soldato
Lego cool. Offsprings deathstare scary.
Tbh I didn't notice it until I posted it on here. In hindsight though there could be something to it as I don't think 1 of the models has remained unscathed today lol. He is only 3 so I kind of expect him to dismantle rather than fix, will be funny tomorrow as my Mrs doesnt work Monday and Tuesday and has no idea how to put them back together:D. I quite like the shuttle, but whI've the motor works it doesnt seem to move much which makes me think the elastic bands are no longer elastic, not bad though for ~20 year old sets. He does also like to 'pose' for the camera, I thought my 6 year old daughter might like to play with them (and fix them instead of me) but no luck. Technic is fairing a bit better, but it's not infallible, I'm going offemory where parts go rather than digging out the instructions. Also noticed on the bar code reader model (not sure if shown in that pic) the cable was down to the wire so I've binned the cable, it must have been trapped on something. I'm not sure the kids are that fussed about powering stuff up anyway, the first thing that my son said was 'what goes pew pew':p.

Caporegime
Dissapointed at the most recent fan made set

There was winnie the pooh and some house thing chosen.

No shuttle, no thunderbird (probs licence related).
Lots of Dissapointed fans in the comments.

Buying many fewer sets recently I guess that's a good thing!
There’s a set based on Cherry Tree Lane from Mary Poppins that has gone to the May 2020 review. The set really does look great and I’d like to see it, but as with Thunderbirds, licensing could be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom