Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Soldato
Yep, queue the "FF7 Remake Part 1" then "Part 2" then "Part 3" Over the weekend.

All suggestions in my Youtube list which I need to avoid.

I'm avoiding everything FF7 related as much as I can, this forum is about the only place I trust not to have people not go out of their way to ruin things.

Soldato
Lol. You actually looked? Haha.

An even better question, you never played the original FF7?!? :eek::mad::p

I figured you were just joking around. :p

Of course I have, I used to be obsessed with it when I was a kid. lol

There's a lot of stuff been added to the remake though, I'd rather enjoy the surprises while playing.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I figured you were just joking around. :p

Of course I have, I used to be obsessed with it when I was a kid. lol

There's a lot of stuff been added to the remake though, I'd rather enjoy the surprises while playing.
I played it as a kid also :)

Well at least I never spoiled anything for you. I have zero idea about anything new myself anyways. Last I got really into it was on my PSP about 11 years ago. Had a go on the steam edition also, but never did complete that one as had too many other games. Might go back and complete it at some pointthough.

Soldato
I played it as a kid also :)

Well at least I never spoiled anything for you. I have zero idea about anything new myself anyways. Last I got really into it was on my PSP about 11 years ago. Had a go on the steam edition also, but never did complete that one as had too many other games. Might go back and complete it at some pointthough.

I replayed it not too long ago, heavily modified Steam/PC version.

I'd hugely recommend the New Threat Mod for anyone wanting to add new life to the original:

https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14938.0

Features that might be of interest are;
-) 100+ new bosses and enemies, with every story boss given a new set of moves and AI
-) About 40 or so 'unique' models made for enemies using in-game monster parts; we got a robot dragon in there somewhere
-) Quick but rewarding random encounters coupled with longer tougher boss fights
-) An Extra Battle added to the Battle Square that's a bit like the Monster Arena in FFX
-) Some new thingies like extra save points, merchants, and the option to skip the lengthier cutscenes and flashback sequences to make the game go by a bit smoother
-) Extra end-game boss fights to unlock Lv4 Limits and Ultimate Weapons as well as the option to change party leaders from the Operations Room once the party has reached the bottom of North Cave (or North Cavity as the cool kids are saying nowadays)
-) Fixed the age-old 'perfect game' dilemma of whether to use the third battery or not

I also used an audio mod to replace the original audio with orchestral tracks and some graphics/fmv updates.

Was a lot of fun!

Soldato
Couple of questions:

Is it right that the game is purely based in Midgar? So does this mean no Emerald or Ruby weapon? I never really played the original FFVII, I used to watch a friend play it and then bought 8, 9 & 10 off the back of that.
Did anyone else find the combat in the demo very overwhelming? Seems like so much to keep an eye on at any one time, health, ATB status, giving orders to party members, switching to other party members etc (Or am I just slow? :p)

Soldato
I didn't have any problems with the combat, but you can set it to easy or classic mode if you're having difficulties.

The game has been split into parts and expanded upon, the first part is purely the Midgar section but it's reportedly going to be the length of a regular Final Fantasy, so 30-40 + hours depending on what you do.

If Ruby and Emerald are part of the remake probably wont appear until the final game in the series.

Back
Top Bottom