Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Soldato
YongYea just released a spoiler-free review that's a good watch:

Friday can't come soon enough, I'll be at it all weekend! :D

Had a quick flick through. Wouldn't say that's spoiler free lol. Shows a fair amount from the video itself for warning.

Caporegime
i am torn....

On one hand, FF7 is one of, if not my favourite game ever played. I played it so much all my characters have maxed health, all materia, all limit breaks, beaten both weapons.

On the other hand....I feel like it is retreading old grounds and part of the fun in the game for me is the latter stages where you get to go everywhere, more characters, have the best weapons and limit breaks and watch the animations in those. Also, being a 4 part game, if each part takes 3 years? I am going to lose track of where i am by the time next episode comes out, losing the momentum, tactics, muscle memory. So may be it is best to wait until it is 1 single release, which it will be, even if it's 10 discs, and get it then.

Last edited:
Soldato
Waiting on pc release which will probably be next year. Played original countless times and it's probably my best game of all time. Tempted to get the original on the switch.

Soldato
i am torn....

On one hand, FF7 is one of, if not my favourite game ever played. I played it so much all my characters have maxed health, all materia, all limit breaks, beaten both weapons.

On the other hand....I feel like it is retreading old grounds and part of the fun in the game for me is the latter stages where you get to go everywhere, more characters, have the best weapons and limit breaks and watch the animations in those. Also, being a 4 part game, if each part takes 3 years? I am going to lose track of where i am by the time next episode comes out, losing the momentum, tactics, muscle memory. So may be it is best to wait until it is 1 single release, which it will be, even if it's 10 discs, and get it then.

You won't regret it I promise. I had all the doubts and like do we really need this etc, but when you see what they've done with it, it will blow you away.

It's literally like playing a movie and seeing the entire FF7 world in it's glory will definitely bring a smile to your face. I don't feel the way they have done it, takes anything away from the original and that is a major plus for me.

Soldato
i am torn....

I believe it'll be 3 parts, not 4. You also can't compare it to the original, it's not the same in many ways. There's a lot more in the remake that isn't in the original play through Midgar. I don't mean side quests and such, I mean materia, customisation etc. My question personally is whether the characters will continue to the second release, since the level limit is 50 in this release, if we copy our chars to part 2 how overpowered would they be?

Waiting on pc release which will probably be next year. Played original countless times and it's probably my best game of all time. Tempted to get the original on the switch.

It's a PS exclusive for 12 months, so maybe then.

Caporegime
I believe it'll be 3 parts, not 4. You also can't compare it to the original, it's not the same in many ways. There's a lot more in the remake that isn't in the original play through Midgar. I don't mean side quests and such, I mean materia, customisation etc. My question personally is whether the characters will continue to the second release, since the level limit is 50 in this release, if we copy our chars to part 2 how overpowered would they be?

It's a PS exclusive for 12 months, so maybe then.

I wonder if it let me "keep" one of the character....if you know what I mean. I hated that part, I got that character to be one of the strongest and then THAT happened.

Soldato
My digital deluxe is preloading thank god, its 90gb, also downloading the art book and mini soundtrack guess that'll have to tide me over for the next 4 days :(

nevermind the artbook and soundtrack is also locked :'(((((((((((((((((((((

Soldato
I got mine delivered from game on saturday put a few hours into it, did anyone else find they were missing the choco chick summon dlc?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I just jumped back on the train and I have to say boy, this game is epic! If you are holding out for any reason, don't, just buy it. Now better than ever with the lock down.

I was worried how they may handle materia system, but they nailed it.

PS4 Pro + OLED TV + FF7 Remake = Epic :D

Soldato
Just told the Mrs I'm taking over the 65" UHD TV in the living room on Friday. I don't think she is too pleased :o

Soldato
I just jumped back on the train and I have to say boy, this game is epic! If you are holding out for any reason, don't, just buy it. Now better than ever with the lock down.

I knew I should have bought a new TV for Christmas!

Caporegime
If I want the free roaming parts, chocobo stuff, fight weapons etc do I need to wait till the next (or all parts are released)? Haven't read much about this but the nostalgia factor is strong!

How many hours could I realistically expect from just part 1 and can someone mentioned where in the story it ends?

rp2000

Soldato

Its absolutely beautiful isn't it, they've gone to town on the graphics.

Back
Top Bottom