Road Cycling

Associate
How are you fitting inner tubes exactly? They can get pinched if not done right although they usually go bang under first inflation. Not always though.

Partially inflated, tucked into tyre. I'd agree and on my last ride the tyre was inflated and left overnight, it didn't lose any tyre pressure. Went out onto ride and it lasted no more then a couple of miles.

Either way, I was in the market for new wheels but I got a good deal on a new Giant Road Bike so I've opted to go down that route. I have honestly lost all faith in the Cube, and was only to be a starter bike, just getting something newer sooner than anticipated.

Soldato
anyone know offhand of a disc brake, mudguard compatible, road disc fork, with a straight 1" 1/8 steerer

ideally with a rake of 45 and a2c of 374. I'm bored and fancy mulletting my commuter

Soldato
Pretty sure Wiggle cater for the odd triantelope. There's even Sports Direct owned... Tri UK not that I'd recommend spending money there.

Or just live with sleeves like the rest of us?

Soldato
Hi guys.
Tifosi SS26
What are your thoughts.
Not heard much about tifosi and certainly not seen many about. Looking at buying one second hand though.
Says it's a bb86 with ultegra cranks.
Guess with a suitable gxp/bb86 bottom bracket I'd be ok?

Cheers!

Soldato
Me and a mate happened to both see a video about a guy who flew to France with a buddy and cycled back over a week. We've now got the idea we could do similar, but maybe a little smaller scale, so maybe get a train to Edinburgh and cycle back to London over 3 or 4 days. Anyone done anything like this? Any thoughts?

Soldato
Yeah, I got a ferry from dover to Dunkerque, and a ferry from Rotterdam to hull 1 week apart and had an awesome trip through Bruges, Ghent, Antwerp, kinderdijk, Amsterdam, Rotterdam.

Also, got a train to Whitehaven, and a return from Newcastle over 4 days and did a long coast to coast up to Berwick upon Tweed.

Both awesome trips, packed way too many clothes. Just a backpack, and decent hotels along the way.

Soldato
Me and a mate happened to both see a video about a guy who flew to France with a buddy and cycled back over a week. We've now got the idea we could do similar, but maybe a little smaller scale, so maybe get a train to Edinburgh and cycle back to London over 3 or 4 days. Anyone done anything like this? Any thoughts?

I cycled with @Shamrock and another mate up to Leeds for the worlds last year via Kidderminster and Chester over 3 days. Train back from Leeds (for some stupid bargain price of like £20 each). While the route and stuff was kinda fun we were super unlucky with the weather, basically a wash out every day. I'd do something similar again (in better weather).

This was the start...
aaxIPXO.jpg

I've also previously cycled to Cambridge with a storm tailwind and got a train back to London :D

Soldato
Well after all the mucking about with my FD. Ridden it twice on the road and it’s been fine. Couldn’t tell you if it was the chain or the FD adjustment, but meh.

Had a ripper ride Thursday in the warm late afternoon. Easy spin today, just before some rain!

And the power2max. Perfect, Garmin picks it up in seconds & 2 seconds to calibrate. This ones about 4% lower than my Neo at a steady 200ish Watts.

Last edited:
Soldato
Weather is ******* brilliant at the moment, I bet this time next year when racing is back on it will be snowing!

Got a quick blast last night as the misses went for a nap, had a slight head cold feeling today :o Didn't think I went that hard as I was aided by a tailwind but who knows.

I'm trying to stick to under two hours and relatively local, I see on Strava a guy was out for 116 miles/near 6 hours and was in the middle of nowhere. Another guy I know 85 miles on the MTB for nearly 7 hours. :confused:

Soldato
Both awesome trips, packed way too many clothes. Just a backpack, and decent hotels along the way.

While the route and stuff was kinda fun we were super unlucky with the weather, basically a wash out every day.

The two videos on YouTube I watched had the guys doing it in crappy weather. Is it intentional to avoid the heat of summer? I guess it could be a bad idea to spend 6-8 hours in the heat?

Soldato
The two videos on YouTube I watched had the guys doing it in crappy weather. Is it intentional to avoid the heat of summer? I guess it could be a bad idea to spend 6-8 hours in the heat?

I wouldn't have minded too much. Plenty of stops to refill and hydrate. We were hoping for decent weather but it was always going to be a bit of gamble at the end of September.

Soldato
Weather is ******* brilliant at the moment, I bet this time next year when racing is back on it will be snowing!

Got a quick blast last night as the misses went for a nap, had a slight head cold feeling today :o Didn't think I went that hard as I was aided by a tailwind but who knows.

I'm trying to stick to under two hours and relatively local, I see on Strava a guy was out for 116 miles/near 6 hours and was in the middle of nowhere. Another guy I know 85 miles on the MTB for nearly 7 hours. :confused:

Power meter needed ;)

My legs feel shot today & fatigued, few days off I think and have a lighter week this week rather than overdo it and get sick or worn down.

Done two weeks back to back of 280km with a 100km solo each weekend, not used to that amount of load at the moment, while I was doing that distance in winter as an individual ride I am riding more frequently in the week to increase distance, in winter have more recovery time, carrying more load now I feel.

I have next week off work anyway so hopefully the weather stays good.

Also, everyone in the UK must be wrapping their bars with new tape now! I came to order some and nothing in stock unless I wanted to pay £34 for some. (Supercaz).

Ended up going with Lizard skins V2, I’ve had V1 and it was alright, wore quite fast and wet grip not as good as supercaz, but willing to try again.

Last edited:
Soldato
Power meter needed ;)

My legs feel shot today & fatigued, few days off I think and have a lighter week this week rather than overdo it and get sick or worn down.

Done two weeks back to back of 280km with a 100km solo each weekend, not used to that amount of load at the moment, while I was doing that distance in winter as an individual ride I am riding more frequently in the week to increase distance, in winter have more recovery time, carrying more load now I feel.

I have next week off work anyway so hopefully the weather stays good.

Also, everyone in the UK must be wrapping their bars with new tape now! I came to order some and nothing in stock unless I wanted to pay £34 for some. (Supercaz).

Ended up going with Lizard skins V2, I’ve had V1 and it was alright, wore quite fast and wet grip not as good as supercaz, but willing to try again.

I do need to get one and stop being a *****.

I genuinely went today to just tick over but the wind was savage, my thighs were sore even just pottering along but it looks like my seatpost has slipped a fair amount :o

Got a cheeky KOM once nearly home due to the wind so the world is in harmony again :D

Lizard skin is good enough, I'd say it is the most popular one supplied by customers. I like Supacaz but it is expensive and we probably sell mostly Pro cork and some of the grippy one they do.

Back
Top Bottom