Crysis Remastered 2020

Associate
Do you reckon they will offer up a collectors edition complete with audio key fob that says "Maximum Armour" and such when pressed?

Caporegime
"Can it run Crysis"

The Nintendo Switch can apparently.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Nintendo switch hardware wise is more like the last gen of consoles which could run downgraded version of crysis on a version of the engine which was multithreaded. The switch even has the witcher running on it, though visually an obvious downgrade.

Associate
Definitely looking forward to this! I loved Crysis and Crysis Warhead! Back then I had a 8500GT to play, as soon as I had some cash I bought a 8800GTS (G92) which made the game run oh so much better!

Hoping my RTX 2080 Ti can do the business for when this comes out at 3440*1440

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
"Can it run Crysis"

The Nintendo Switch can apparently.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.
I am sure it will be at a much lower resolution with lower settings. Does not mean anything.

There is a huge difference in the amount of grunt needed to run 720/1080p at medium or low graphics settings at 30fps vs 4K with high settings and 60fps. Probably on the order of a magnitude or more.

Soldato
I played this endlessly, it ran all maxed out until the part where the aliens first appeared and no matter what I did it just stuttered and locked up.
There was a part where you drove a tank and a mod was available to shoot nukes, you got the blinding flash & a mushroom cloud but not the total destruction but still amazing to see and hear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RctnP1t-PY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sns-tFKeec0

And best of all were the tornado's that ripped buildings up in to the air, played around with mods for those as well

Associate
I wonder if my current system could even run the original now at solid 240+fps at decent settings, let alone a remaster.

The Campaigns of all the games were really fun I thought. But The Multiplayer in Crysis 1 was really good too, with the original suit before it was dumbed down for consoles in the later games.

I really hope they will take the MP side into consideration and make the remaster scaleable to be able to play at high fps on mid-range systems, because with a free to play model and battle royale I could see it doing really well. Considering it's EA though I feel it's inevitable they are going to repeat history and just make another interactive graphics demo, a quick cash in that won't actually revive the franchise.

Associate
Can't see this pushing PC's as much as the original as it's also on the old consoles.. may even be some downgrades in there like a lot of remasters Vs original PC version.

Caporegime
I'd dearly love this, didn't Crytek sell the licence though?

Yup, they sold it to ubisoft to start work on Crysis.

Every Crysis game is good until you have to fight aliens and then it's just a slog.

Same with Farcry, a lot of reviews mentioned the game went downhill a bit once they showed up.

Probably the reason why in Crysis 2 the aliens were biped so fighting them was more like fighting regular infantry.

Back
Top Bottom