Crysis Remastered 2020

XPE

XPE

Soldato
I must be one of the few people that liked the VTOL level but that might have something to do with the atmosphere of the level, cant remember a game that done such a good job of creating the atmosphere of a situation falling apart and a scramble to fall back and regroup.

Happy this is getting an update, I hope they don't nerf the nano suit like they did in the sequels, I like having the strength and speed separate.

Associate
I bought a dell-xps-m1730 to play this game. Desktop killer! I was about to order a "Rock" laptop but they went bust just before I pulled the trigger.

My version had SLI 8800 GTX. I loved that laptop right up till the GFX's overheated on me for the second time (18 months after purchase). fair play to Dell they refunded me the full beans (shade over £2k) not much hassle and I bought a desktop from OCUK.

I'll def be buying this remaster to satisfy my nostalgia if nothing else.

Caporegime
Even today, the original game doesn't look like an old game at all. It could easily pass for a recent release, especially when running at a high res like 4k. That's assuming you can get it to run as it can be tricky.

Soldato
Gutted when you couldn't do individual suit options too.

Excited for the remaster, want it to scale but still be able to crush PCs.

Part of the problem was crytek I believe thought processors would just continue to get faster and faster in raw clock speed. They didn't so the game while obviously needing a hefty GPU was sort of CPU limited in an atypical way.

Caporegime
tMydOf2.jpg

A quick screen i just took from the stock game at 4k, a game that's a few months off 13 years old looking like it was released yesterday.

Associate
A quick screen i just took from the stock game at 4k, a game that's a few months off 13 years old looking like it was released yesterday.

Has it really been that long since Crysis was released, feels much more recent. Just looking at screenshots I’d have said was something from 5-6 years ago tops, but yes, released 13th NOV 2013.

It will be interesting to see what they do with the remaster, I’ll most likely end up buying it, Crysis is another game I spent a long time playing and have fond memories of.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Has it really been that long since Crysis was released, feels much more recent. Just looking at screenshots I’d have said was something from 5-6 years ago tops, but yes, released 13th NOV 2013.

It will be interesting to see what they do with the remaster, I’ll most likely end up buying it, Crysis is another game I spent a long time playing and have fond memories of.
It released in 2007 on PC.

It was Crysis 3 that released in 2013.

Caporegime
I think the previous Crysis games scaled very well with multi-GPU, so this may turn out similarly - that is for the few that still run more than one card/GPU.

Soldato
Is it for Xbox one or a new Xbox console?

Hard to believe Crysis remasterd would run on a console that is almost 7 years old. I bet Xbox one couldnt even run Crysis original on high settings in anything higher than 1080p. Slap on some AA and mods and it would be down to 3fps :D
Surprisingly imo the Xbox 360 did a good job running cysis imo

Soldato
Anyone find the original E3 demo that looked amazing and never lived up to? Took a while for them to unlock the top settings.

Closest I can get is this, but I'm sure there was something before this.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Anyone find the original E3 demo that looked amazing and never lived up to? Took a while for them to unlock the top settings.

Closest I can get is this, but I'm sure there was something before this.

That would be this video:

People have replicated this to about the same degree with custom maps, mostly about the lighting.

Soldato
That would be this video:

People have replicated this to about the same degree with custom maps, mostly about the lighting.

I remember this video. It's never looked like that, maybe slightly close with that one special map that I forget the same of - something like Amazon River or Amazonian River. But even then it wasnt the same as that E3 demo vid

Caporegime
I remember this video. It's never looked like that, maybe slightly close with that one special map that I forget the same of - something like Amazon River or Amazonian River. But even then it wasnt the same as that E3 demo vid

It's up in the air whether that was actual gameplay or a target render, if it's gameplay which is implied in the title then it was specifically designed to show the game off to its best and most likely was even harder to run than the maps the game was launched with. I could easily see the game being able to do a map like this as it has some sections in the stock game that aren't too far off it. Even on youtube some user maps are pretty close to that.

11 year old low res vid, but even that looks impressive. As does this:

Back
Top Bottom