Crysis Remastered 2020

Soldato
Is it for Xbox one or a new Xbox console?

Hard to believe Crysis remasterd would run on a console that is almost 7 years old. I bet Xbox one couldnt even run Crysis original on high settings in anything higher than 1080p. Slap on some AA and mods and it would be down to 3fps :D

Associate
Is it for Xbox one or a new Xbox console?

Hard to believe Crysis remasterd would run on a console that is almost 7 years old. I bet Xbox one couldnt even run Crysis original on high settings in anything higher than 1080p. Slap on some AA and mods and it would be down to 3fps :D

Crysis was released on ps3/x360 9 years ago. Is the game actually that good? or is it more the nostalgia of it crushing pc hardware back in the day? anyway remakes seem to be popular and a cheap way of making(milking) some money these days.

Soldato
Crysis was released on ps3/x360 9 years ago. Is the game actually that good? or is it more the nostalgia of it crushing pc hardware back in the day? anyway remakes seem to be popular and a cheap way of making(milking) some money these days.

It was. The game is fantastic but unsurprisingly it looked and played like gonads on ps3 & x360.

That being said, games havemoved on since so they will have to remaster it really well for it to compete with other current day FPS games. COD MW looks and plays great on PC, PS4 & Xbox one

Soldato
I can't believe it was that long ago the original came out. Something bugs me that we're remastering a relatively decent game that still holds up instead of coming up with something new, better and more original. Seems to be an ongoing trend.

The decline of the Crysis series was that the more linear they made it (and I guess accessible cross platform?) the worse the game was. What made the original great was multiple paths to progressing in a almost sandbox-like highly interactive environment. That said, I spent a lot of time in the Warhead multiplayer. That was fun.

I recall those playing this at reasonable frame rates probably had an overclocked Q6600 and a GeForce 8800GTX. Maybe SLI if you had the $$. I think I played on a C2D E6600 and 8800GTX but I can't remember exactly.

Caporegime
Why? *cough* FF7 *cough*

Never played ff7 so no idea what the differences are.

If they removed the Alien sequences then the next 2 games would make even less sense. They pretty much fixed the issues with the aliens in the second game by having them be biped for the most part. The problem with the aliens in crysis was the gameplay changed drastically all of a sudden, which is similar to how farcry changed when the trigens got introduced.

But they're part and parcel of the original game, i can't see them changing the third act of the game in what they are saying is a remaster, not a remake.

Soldato
A mate cooked his 8800gts I think it was clocking it heavily trying to get this to run well all those years ago :D

I had the 8800gt clocked and remember not even hitting 30fps frequently.

Back
Top Bottom