Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
You say in your opinion he is a "pleb" well he runs a country and is rich.
What does that make you?

You guys do have some odd criteria for the people you look up to.

I guess you admired Colonel Gaddafi, Saddam Hussein, Robert Mugabe too, what about Assad? They ran countries and were rich.

Personally, I go more on if they are a decent human being or not.

Soldato
You guys do have some odd criteria for the people you look up to.

I guess you admired Colonel Gaddafi, Saddam Hussein, Robert Mugabe too, what about Assad? They ran countries and were rich.

Personally, I go more on if they are a decent human being or not.
It's not hard to conclude they're as messed up as he is.

Soldato
It's not hard to conclude they're as messed up as he is.

Also their absence from this thread speaks volumes ;)

Amazingly after spending all this time creating this post:

In a shock to absolutely no-one, Trump's statement has been incorrectly quoted by some media outlets to make a "shocking" news story and those which say "trump said inject disinfectant" haven't watched the briefing. At no point did Trump claim anything like that, and at no point did he "tell people" to do anything, at all but the truth always travels slower than a juicy lie.

What he did do is ASK the doctor sat next to him if THEY were looking into "hitting the body with UV or a very powerful light" and ASKED if they would test whether that light could be brought into the body. Then he ASKED and asked if THEY were looking into a way of using disinfectant to "knock it out" by injection" and then told the press that THEY would have to check with "medical doctors" as it "sounds interesting to me" - Video added below of his ACTUAL words.

So at NO point in ANY of this brief did he suggest ANYONE inject themselves or similar!

The best video I could find which has just his comments and no opinion added, despite the framing of the vid aiming to show that the Doctor "disagrees" with Trump -

0.04 - Trump says "hitting the body with UV or a very powerful light"

0.09 - Trump says "You told me you were going to test it" to Doctor

- Trump asks "can you bring the light inside the body?

0.20 - Trump says "You told me were going to test that too" to Doctor

0.26 - Trump says "so I see the disinfectant knocks it out"

0.32 - Trump asks "is there a way we can do something with that?" to Doctor

0.43 - Trump says "it will be interesting to check that"

0.45 - Trump says "so you're going to have to use medical doctors"

0.49 - Trump says "sounds interesting to me"

Again, at no point are the "headlines" correct. Trump ASKS the doctor to confirm what THEY have told HIM and that he finds these tests "interesting" but he never TELLS the public what to do. But as I've said before, truth sells less than juicy fiction.

I now await the TDS folks to tell me I'm a moron :D

ianh has also been absent from this thread since, in fact most of the TDF are notably absent when they're usually ready to jump in at the drop of a hat.

Last edited:
Soldato
People don't seem to have realized how this man works yet. He asks somebody a question, but twists the words for it in such a way that he could distance himself from it later. For those, a bloody 12 year old knows why you wouldn't do it..

Interesting graphic on the past presidents though. A subject I know very little about in all honesty.

Soldato
He asks somebody a question, but twists the words for it in such a way that he could distance himself from it later. For those, a

I think most people are aware of his torturous use of language, that he often makes a statement but then ensures that later he muddies the water so that he can't be pinned down, unfortunately this time it' failed for Trump.

Soldato
So Bleachgate is the end of the Trump press briefings :( Let's all be honest now, every single one of us knew it would end like this, Trump would say something so ridiculously stupid that they'd have to shut it down as his polling was getting worse and worse. In a way I'll miss them as they have been a distraction in these crazy times. I'm sure he'll be back soon though, You can't keep crazy quiet forever.

EWe2qosWkAES9zt

So he's contradicted himself by saying he was talking to a lab expert. Before that, he was saying he was talking to the media and being sarcastic about it all. I can't wait for it to come out that the video is fake. No doubt he'll be trying that out next!

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I posted this in the SC thread but it could stand a repeat in this one. Because it really is right on the money.

Michael Stevenson on Daily Kos said:
Someone on Quora asked “Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?” Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote the following response:

A few things spring to mind.

Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.
For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.
So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever.
I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.

But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.

And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface.

Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront.
Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul.

And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist.
Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that.
He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat.

He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully.
That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead.

There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think ‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:
• Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.
• You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss.
After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of ****. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.
God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid.

He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart.
In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish:
‘My God… what… have… I… created?
If being a **** was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
The rant piece posted by JRS was worth a laugh. Though I'll admit I laughed at its flaws. The rest is (in the main) echo chamber cheerleading. It was and remains notable for pointing out some strengths of British character. But not the most important ones, I suspect due to the authors pedigree. It contains some distinctly middle-class neuroticisms elevated to virtue, so he cannot be faulted for it.

The question remains...

You see a leader in genuine difficulty. Do you throw stones and join the haha brigade, whipping up fellow minions to be safe in the tyranny of its majority?

Or do you desist and rend aid, defend the top?

Most have already answered.

Last edited:
Soldato
You see a leader in genuine difficulty. Do you throw stones and join the haha brigade, whipping up fellow minions to be safe in the tyranny of its majority?

But Trump won the last election, so some would argue that he has the tyranny of the majority.

I’m not a Trump supporter, he has has finally painted himself into an corner of his own making and I somehow supposed to feel sorry for him, why would I want to rend aid?

The problem with many Trump supporters is they support him whatever he says or does, I think that brings out the worst in those that don’t support him.

How can you defend the top when the top says such ridiculous things and then tries to cover up with lies and then rather than saying he made and mistake hiding away from the media like a petulant child in a tantrum. How on earth do you support that, I really really just don’t get is, please explain why you think he should be defended?

Last edited:
Soldato
The question remains...

So this might be valid had the "leader" found themselves in genuine difficulty by turn of events outside of their control but trump is a victim of his own idiocy. He doesn't listen to council or sense because he's a bully who thinks he's the only one who knows anything about anything. I find the comment about echo chambers hilarious given that trump lives in an echo chamber with no doors or exits.

You can't give a person help when they are oblivious to the mess they are in.

Soldato
The rant piece posted by JRS was worth a laugh. Though I'll admit I laughed at its flaws. The rest is (in the main) echo chamber cheerleading. It was and remains notable for pointing out some strengths of British character. But not the most important ones, I suspect due to the authors pedigree. It contains some distinctly middle-class neuroticisms elevated to virtue, so he cannot be faulted for it.

The question remains...

When a leader at the top has shown themselves to be completely unfit for duty and catastrophic failure over and over again due to genuine difficulty of there own making. Why would we aid them and try to get another 4 years when the sensible approach is to find a suitable replacement who is fit for duty. Given the massive harm Trump has done to the US and how Trumps entire reelection plan has collapse on top of everything else the Republicans should be looking for a strong suitable replacement to clean up Trumps mess.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
The question remains...

So it's point out that Trump is entirely unfit for the position that he's been elevated to and for the sake of the entire world he should **** off and never be heard from again...or do what Fox 'news' has been doing and defend the indefensible.

Gosh, the agony of choice...

Soldato
I just try to lead a decent life. Be a good partner to my missus and a good father to my daughter. Work a steady job and keep a good circle of friends. Makes me content.

Lot to be said about this post. If everyone had this in the forefront of their mind the world would be a much better place.
I have a few similar personal beliefs I try to adhere to. Some are I managed daily others are a constant work in progress.

Soldato
Also their absence from this thread speaks volumes ;)
That's got nothing to do with how indefensible Trump is, it's because this is an echo chamber, everyone is nasty and refuse to listen, won't change our opinion, biased, or something else that can be used as an excuse for why they're choosing to run away, they don't have to run away, they've chosen to do that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom