CBD oil/tinctures/eliquid

Soldato
NB: This thread has Admin approval. It is about *legal* (in the UK) CBD products. Please don't discuss illegal (in the UK) cannabis, THC etc because it's a PITA for the mods and will probably result in the thread being locked.

Now that's out of the way, does anyone here use any CBD products? I've been looking into them over the past week because I've been having trouble sleeping at night.

There are so many different products and suppliers out there at the moment that I don't know where to start. Can anyone recommend anything?

Soldato
I tried vaping CBD a few times, can't say I noticed much, maybe over long term might, better keeping as many chemicals out of your body as possible imo.

Soldato
I haven't personally (don't see the point for.. reasons) but I have a friend who uses a fair amount of CBD products ranging from CBD flower, concentrates and even tablets.

Says they help him sleep better at night so I'd take his word for it that it works

Soldato
Pretty sure saw some thing where they laboratory tested some of these
And found the active ingredient amounts
Could wildly vary from what was advertised
So quite possible it may help sleep due to placebo effect in some cases

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replies. I'm only looking at this as a short-term thing. The sleep loss is starting to affect me during the day, when I really need to be at my best because of my caring responsibilities. As I see it, CBD is the lesser of the evils.

I'm aware that as a fairly new industry to the UK, many of the products might be crap. One of the reasons I'm looking for advice is to avoid those products/suppliers.

Does anyone have any specific products they can recommend?

Soldato
Ask your pharmacist ? My local one stocks CBD products and I've been queuing in there when someone was asking about it for helping her sleep at night.

"Covonia Night Time" is what my wife uses when she's having trouble sleeping.

Soldato
Thanks for the replies. I'm only looking at this as a short-term thing. The sleep loss is starting to affect me during the day, when I really need to be at my best because of my caring responsibilities. As I see it, CBD is the lesser of the evils.

I mean when I had trouble sleeping i found nytol always gave me a good nights sleep. But I suppose, CBD is natural so could always give it a go. It's not difficult to find and seems cheap enough if you want to try it

Soldato
OP
I mean when I had trouble sleeping i found nytol always gave me a good nights sleep. But I suppose, CBD is natural so could always give it a go. It's not difficult to find and seems cheap enough if you want to try it

Cheers, yes that's my thinking. I'd rather take a more natural remedy if I can.

I added a bit to my post afterwards, about avoiding crap products.

Soldato
Believe you can buy phenergan antihistamine liquid over the counter
That will make you sleep alright
Though need to start with a low dose to make sure you aren't still sleepy next day
If I am wrong then ask your doctor for it
My doctors won't prescribe sleeping pills
Long term
So gave me phenergan instead it definitely works

Soldato
OP
Ask your pharmacist ? My local one stocks CBD products and I've been queuing in there when someone was asking about it for helping her sleep at night.

"Covonia Night Time" is what my wife uses when she's having trouble sleeping.

Thanks. The pharmacist will likely just recommend whatever brand they stock. I'm wondering if anyone with experience of many brands & products has anything specific they would recommend.

Caporegime

I'm aware that as a fairly new industry to the UK, many of the products might be crap. One of the reasons I'm looking for advice is to avoid those products/suppliers.

As soon as you start relying on a drug to sleep you won't be able to sleep without it. I would avoid.

Associate
I recall reading that most over the counter cbd products contain little, if any, cbd. If I were looking at this for myself I'd be looking for a pharmaceutical product rather than something you buy from a corner shop.

Soldato
OP
I recall reading that most over the counter cbd products contain little, if any, cbd. If I were looking at this for myself I'd be looking for a pharmaceutical product rather than something you buy from a corner shop.

My local vape shop sells 30ml bottles of "pharmaceutically tested" full spectrum CBD oil (not for vaping) in three different strengths (300mg, 600mg and 1200mg I think). I have no idea how good it is though or how valid the claims are.

kai

kai

Soldato
I did a fair amount of research and just started using a high quality CBD oil around 10 days ago - based on recommendations and avoiding places like Amazon.

500mg Raw & Full Spectrum CBD Oil (10ml) | 5% CBD Oil. Each drop contains an estimated 2.5mg of Cannabinoids. This product contains less than 0.2% THC. My next order, i will likely go towards the 10 or 15%.

Its too early to provide benefits, however i have noticed a change in my sleeping pattern. However, i did not buy it for this reason.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm not sleeping at the moment anyway?

Then go see your GP and follow their advice. However if they give you drugs it's likely going to be the same however they will be free well they are here in Scotland. Better than paying £60 for some placebo oil.

I'd also look at your current diet, sleeping situation and habits. I had a guy at work who claimed he couldn't sleep. I say claimed as he was a pathological liar who ended up attacking a female colleague with a knife then threatening another before he was taken to court then sacked after being found guilty. He however used to drink and I'm not exaggerating either 4-5 cans of high strength energy drinks per work day. I'm guessing that may have had something to do with at least 1 of his issues but I'd look at alternatives to drugs for your situation.

Yoga, meditation, etc.

Yoga is a lot more than stretching they can teach you breathing techniques that make you fall asleep within 2 minutes. I'd honestly look into all those options first before drugs.

Soldato
OP
Then go see your GP and follow their advice. However if they give you drugs it's likely going to be the same however they will be free well they are here in Scotland. Better than paying £60 for some placebo oil.

I'd also look at your current diet, sleeping situation and habits. I had a guy at work who claimed he couldn't sleep. I say claimed as he was a pathological liar who ended up attacking a female colleague with a knife then threatening another before he was taken to court then sacked after being found guilty. He however used to drink and I'm not exaggerating either 4-5 cans of high strength energy drinks per work day. I'm guessing that may have had something to do with at least 1 of his issues but I'd look at alternatives to drugs for your situation.

Yoga, meditation, etc.

Yoga is a lot more than stretching they can teach you breathing techniques that make you fall asleep within 2 minutes. I'd honestly look into all those options first before drugs.

I will see my GP if it continues but I want to try something OTC first. My diet is fine thanks and I'm normally quite healthy but caring for someone with dementia through a pandemic is stressing me out just a bit and doesn't leave me much time for yoga and such.

Anyway, if I want medical advice then I'll ask my Doctor. Can we get back on topic please?

Soldato
OP
I did a fair amount of research and just started using a high quality CBD oil around 10 days ago - based on recommendations and avoiding places like Amazon.

500mg Raw & Full Spectrum CBD Oil (10ml) | 5% CBD Oil. Each drop contains an estimated 2.5mg of Cannabinoids. This product contains less than 0.2% THC. My next order, i will likely go towards the 10 or 15%.

Its too early to provide benefits, however i have noticed a change in my sleeping pattern. However, i did not buy it for this reason.

Thanks Kai. What brand did you get?

Back
Top Bottom