Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
That looks really good! How do you get your image so sharp? Are you using MSAA?
MSAA is worthless, not using that.
It has been a while since these have been taken, but I think the key was downsampling via DSR and adding a bit of sharpness via nVidia freestyle.

Maybe ingame photo mode which cranks up the AA?

They are ingame when playing, I never used photo mode yet.

Soldato
MSAA is worthless, not using that.
It has been a while since these have been taken, but I think the key was downsampling via DSR and adding a bit of sharpness via nVidia freestyle.

They are ingame when playing, I never used photo mode yet.

So as in set DSR factors at say 1.5* res and the game then downsamples it to native res?

Associate
As beautiful as this game as, I'm having a hard time getting into it, does anyone have any tips?

I loved GTA V and still do, but this game obviously is a change of pace and whilst I recognise that, and try to immerse myself as much as possible, I find I get bored after an hour or so and all it takes is the impatience of having to craft something or clean my gun etc.

Soldato
As beautiful as this game as, I'm having a hard time getting into it, does anyone have any tips?

I loved GTA V and still do, but this game obviously is a change of pace and whilst I recognise that, and try to immerse myself as much as possible, I find I get bored after an hour or so and all it takes is the impatience of having to craft something or clean my gun etc.

That's what I struggle with, the chores.

Soldato
Epic innit

Would love a remake of RDR1 now. Retelling the game with the knowledge with have from RDR2.

I do wish I spent more time in the game, I aimed to rush through because I always spend too long doing side missions, that eventually I get bored and never finish them. I never finished Wicther 3 and other large open world games for the same reason.
But even though I just focused on the main story, I clocked up over 50 hours. Fantastic value for money.

Soldato
Also struggling with this, too much roleplaying for my liking, i really cant be bothered mucking out and chopping wood every few hours - and im barely 10 hours in.

Soldato
Would love a remake of RDR1 now. Retelling the game with the knowledge with have from RDR2.

I do wish I spent more time in the game, I aimed to rush through because I always spend too long doing side missions, that eventually I get bored and never finish them. I never finished Wicther 3 and other large open world games for the same reason.
But even though I just focused on the main story, I clocked up over 50 hours. Fantastic value for money.

The game has loads of cool places and secrets when you take your time to explore or do the side stuff. For some reason I couldn't get tired of it, had a similar effect on me as RDR1. It just plays and looks so well.

I'm with you on RDR1 remake, those games tie in beautifully, it'd be awesome to experience 1 again with those graphics and an expanded story and map.

Regarding chores, I don't know why people think you're required to chop wood or stuff like that at all. You're not, I did it maybe four times in 100h. Still, I think cleaning weapons, feeding your horse, changing clothes acording to the temperature and all the other details really added to the immersion.

Associate
Also struggling with this, too much roleplaying for my liking, i really cant be bothered mucking out and chopping wood every few hours - and im barely 10 hours in.

I couldn’t loot any further because my satchel was full apparently, so I googled how to get a bigger satchel and you need to enable the skill in camp by paying for it and someone will craft it for you. So I spent ages getting the money to the buy the skill, once I got enough I went to go upgrade my satchel and it then said I need to hunt and kill animals for material - I felt so defeated haha

Associate
I am very tempted to buy this game given the current circumstances.

How does it play on PC? I will be using Keyboard & Mouse... I did hear it had issues when it first launched are these still present? I will be using a 5700XT.

Honestly I will be more than likely just focusing on the story mode of the game. Is it worth £30 are shall I wait until it starts to be discounted?

Soldato
I am very tempted to buy this game given the current circumstances.

How does it play on PC? I will be using Keyboard & Mouse... I did hear it had issues when it first launched are these still present? I will be using a 5700XT.

Honestly I will be more than likely just focusing on the story mode of the game. Is it worth £30 are shall I wait until it starts to be discounted?

The game is good and well worth £30 it has decent story and online content as well.

Most of the crashing issues have been patched but there are still a few random crashes. The HDR was poor on release but that got sorted.

The 5700xt plays the games well at 1440p 60hz. The 5700xt might still have issues with HDR, last time I tried a 5700xt I was having issues getting HDR to work.

Back
Top Bottom