Football and the Coronavirus

Soldato
If certain footballers don't want to play then they can sit out and not play and forfeit any salary as well. See how many of these players all of a sudden have a change of mind. Let everyone else who is willing to play, play. Simples.

what a stupid comment employees are protected by health and safety and workers rights

if workplace isnt safe they are entitled to not work

safe as people returning to offices etc

Don
what a stupid comment employees are protected by health and safety and workers rights

And if and when the government approve the PL plans and say it is safe, they should be faced with the same decision as all other workers, return to work or don't get paid.

Soldato

These aren't 9-5 office jobs for average Joe, these are ridiculously paid footballers, like I say, if they don't want to play fine, doubt anyone will stop them but lets not have a few overpaid footballers stop everyone else from playing / enjoying the sport.

These are millionaires we're talking about and you want them to be paid for not going back to work.... lol.

Soldato
These aren't 9-5 office jobs for average Joe, these are ridiculously paid footballers, like I say, if they don't want to play fine, doubt anyone will stop them but lets not have a few overpaid footballers stop everyone else from playing / enjoying the sport.

These are millionaires we're talking about and you want them to be paid for not going back to work.... lol.

whats money got to do with it its about whether its safe or not

they also have families and mortgages to pay

footballers are not to be used to get economy and morale going

Don
whats money got to do with it its about whether its safe or not

they also have families and mortgages to pay

footballers are not to be used to get economy and morale going
As has been said already, they're only going to be asked to return once it is considered safe, just like you, me and even jonneymendoza. Nobody should be forced to rerturn to work but the sad reality is that most people that choose not to will go unpaid and incredibly wealthy footballers should do too.

Don
Tested or not i fail to see how playing football in one anothers faces can ever be considered safe given current circumstances
Correct me if I'm wrong but you're not a medical or scientific expert, are you? When those experts say it's safe enough to return, I'll take their judgement over yours

Soldato
Correct me if I'm wrong but you're not a medical or scientific expert, are you? When those experts say it's safe enough to return, I'll take their judgement over yours

safe for players but unsafe for the general public...

dont need to be an expert to see its all about money not health

Soldato

If players are regularly tested, which they will be and they are all in the clear what does it matter if they are playing a contact sport, you're not going to magically get infected out of thin air. And as previously mentioned, no-ones forcing them to play, they can sit out. Not sure what your problem is.

Soldato
If players are regularly tested, which they will be and they are all in the clear what does it matter if they are playing a contact sport, you're not going to magically get infected out of thin air. And as previously mentioned, no-ones forcing them to play, they can sit out. Not sure what your problem is.

people they live with.....

post coming into the house, food deliveries, other playing staff and people they live with etc etc list goes on

plus tested negative isnt a guarantee its well known people test negative only to later on find out they have it

And as for the science.....well that tells us to socially distance something football is all against

Don

Sorry you've lost me. What are you sarcastically saying is safe for players but unsafe for the general public?
afaik they won't be living at home, it will be a closed community
The reports I've read say that the plan is for players to be tested at the start of the week, isolate for 24 hours until their results come back and then they're cleared to train. Similar procedure with matches, the day before the game they'll be tested and then isolate in team hotels (as they would normally) and then cleared to play the next day.

Soldato
Sorry you've lost me. What are you sarcastically saying is safe for players but unsafe for the general public?

Im sarcastically saying they are telling everyone to socially distance because its not safe to do otherwise

but on other hand will let football players do the opposite

Don
Im sarcastically saying they are telling everyone to socially distance because its not safe to do otherwise

but on other hand will let football players do the opposite
That's a separate thing to whether it's safe or not. It's safe for two people that are clear of the virus to not socially distance.

And while they're asking people to socially distance, they'll be aware that a number of work environments will make socially distancing not possible and a number of people will just ignore it and yet they've still eased the lockdown and allowing more and more people to return to work.

Soldato
Sooner or later people will realise money makes the world go round, for better or worse. Football moves around an awful lot of it and a huge industry hangs off the back of it - I recall reading the Premier League is responsible for 100,000 jobs directly and indirectly and that's before you consider any money they fund into the other leagues and the jobs those leagues support. Because of this, it will be under pressure to start turning it's own wheels again.

If the government give the nod that football/sport is ok to start up again, then any players who don't wish to partake will no doubt be free to not turn up and not get paid, exactly the same as you or I would be free to not turn up and not get paid if we decided we didn't want to go to work after the government have said it's OK.

Soldato
Sooner or later people will realise money makes the world go round, for better or worse. Football moves around an awful lot of it and a huge industry hangs off the back of it - I recall reading the Premier League is responsible for 100,000 jobs directly and indirectly and that's before you consider any money they fund into the other leagues and the jobs those leagues support. Because of this, it will be under pressure to start turning it's own wheels again.

If the government give the nod that football/sport is ok to start up again, then any players who don't wish to partake will no doubt be free to not turn up and not get paid, exactly the same as you or I would be free to not turn up and not get paid if we decided we didn't want to go to work after the government have said it's OK.

apart from pogba who can work from home and do just as much as he has been doing for their team lately!

Soldato
Don’t get upset Liverpool fans for me using you as an example, but anyone remember the champions league final in Athens when Liverpool fans turned up without tickets and then tried to force entry into the stadium and caused carnage, I wonder how many fans will try that when there clubs games are being played, especially the game when Liverpool can win the league.

Back
Top Bottom