Just finished building my new loop a few days ago consisting of-

O11D Xl
EK distro plate G1
EK PE 360 radiators
EK Velocity Nickel and Plexi GPU block
Phantecs Glaciar 1080TI GPU block
Bitspower Acrylic tubing
Mayhems Pastel White

All blocks, tubing and radiators flushed with a mild vinegar solution and then thoroughly rinsed with distilled water. I was aware of this issue ahead of using Pastel coolants so took extra care to wash and flush everything out.

Does anyone or perhaps even @Mayhems have any thoughts?

Soldato
I've just had exactly the same issue after thoroughly rinsing everything out too.

I did email @Mayhems but so far the only feedback from them has been that EK radiators are a nightmare and needs the blitz kit.

I feel I was quite thorough in my cleaning of my kit too, now I'm left with a pigment sludge so im going to have to strip the loop.

Associate
OP
Really frustrating!

Even after several hours the fall out isn’t going back into solution so I can only imagine it’s going to be a total pain in the ass to clean out.

I’ve got another bottle of concentrate I can use but I’m not hopeful of a different outcome.

Soldato
Mayhem's are often great with CS, but I've seen total denial and some toy throwing in the past. I believe the owner doesn't use social media any more, but I could be wrong.

I absolutely love their XT-1 nuke, been bulletproof for me. However, I don't trust any coloured fluid, especially Mayhem's; Jayz2Cents had a right nightmare with it iirc.

Associate
OP
I've opened a ticket so i'll see what they say. Given the BH I don't expect a reply till Tuesday at the earliest so I'll probably break down the loop this weekend, flush it all out again and then try with the concentrate of the same colour I have.

Soldato
I've opened a ticket so i'll see what they say. Given the BH I don't expect a reply till Tuesday at the earliest so I'll probably break down the loop this weekend, flush it all out again and then try with the concentrate of the same colour I have.

Sorry mate, looks like a right pita. I’d be Blitzing and running clear in the mean time.

Associate
OP
No batch number, just a manufacturing date - March 2020 on the pre-mix 1 Ltr bottle, no batch number or date on the concentrate...

I just took a look at the 50 ml left in my filling bottle - that's the same, clear line of fallout, I cant imagine the plastic bottle would cause this so its most likely a bad batch in my view

Associate
mine did this many years ago, maybe as far as 8 years ago. still not sorted? i wotn touch pastel again anyway as im sure it states on the bottle or the sales page it should only be used for display purposes obviously meaning for one day while its at a show or something.

Associate
tbh mayhems fluids are for showcase purposes only, you should not run them in your system on a daily use, is written even on most watercooling company websites. I used the pastel white in the past, and it worked fine, but when I cleaned my loop there were a lot of residual from the fluid. This is from alphacool

--
Attention: The manufacturer Mayhems advises that Mayhems fluids, especially the Aurora line of products, have been manufactured and distributed solely for show and modding purposes. These should not be utilized in the system for more than 14 days.

We would also like to advise that Mayhems fluids can damage water cooling products, and using Mayhems fluids can thereby void the warranties offered by the following manufacturers: Koolance, Phobya, Alphacool, Aqua Computer, Watercool.

Damages such as: clogging, corrosion of aluminium radiators, deterioration of glued containers, etc., are a consequence of the use of Mayhems, but will not be reimbursed by Mayhems. Use is therefore at one’s own risk.
--

I have since stropped using mayhems fluids.

Associate
OP
tbh mayhems fluids are for showcase purposes only, you should not run them in your system on a daily use, is written even on most watercooling company websites. I used the pastel white in the past, and it worked fine, but when I cleaned my loop there were a lot of residual from the fluid. This is from alphacool

--
Attention: The manufacturer Mayhems advises that Mayhems fluids, especially the Aurora line of products, have been manufactured and distributed solely for show and modding purposes. These should not be utilized in the system for more than 14 days.

We would also like to advise that Mayhems fluids can damage water cooling products, and using Mayhems fluids can thereby void the warranties offered by the following manufacturers: Koolance, Phobya, Alphacool, Aqua Computer, Watercool.

Damages such as: clogging, corrosion of aluminium radiators, deterioration of glued containers, etc., are a consequence of the use of Mayhems, but will not be reimbursed by Mayhems. Use is therefore at one’s own risk.
--

I have since stropped using mayhems fluids.

I was aware the Aurora fluids were display use only, but pastels as far as I can tell are not included within this statement, the product page here also states -

"Mayhems pastel range incorporates many differing technologies into one product, from dyes to Nano technology and of course a little Mayhems magic. With a system working life of about two years, of which is due to a design that is intended for prolonged use."

The issue I'm experiencing was evident within 24 horus of finishing the loop, I expect even display fluids would be expected to last longer than that???

And a direct quote from mayhems website -

"Aurora is “NOT” made for use in a home system. It has been developed for show System’s (modding) and Photo work. If looking for a fluid for a Home system / Gaming system please use Mayhems X1 or Mayhems Pastel range of fluids there are fully tested and working in any kind of loop."

Last edited:
Associate
I was aware the Aurora fluids were display use only, but pastels as far as I can tell are not included within this statement, the product page here also states -

"Mayhems pastel range incorporates many differing technologies into one product, from dyes to Nano technology and of course a little Mayhems magic. With a system working life of about two years, of which is due to a design that is intended for prolonged use."

The issue I'm experiencing was evident within 24 horus of finishing the loop, I expect even display fluids would be expected to last longer than that???

Yes they should last longer anyway, I think there is some chemical reaction happening in the loop, could be due to residual of vinegard, question: are all your components new? if so why did you flush them with vinegard? If is new i usually just flush them with tap water at high pressure and then rinse with distilled water.

Is that on the mayhems website?

There is a statement about Aurora products on their website, but none about others. However it is known that they should not be used for longer period, I used different kind of pastel coolants before from mayhems, the white is the one that gave me less pain, the red is definitely the worse!

Associate
OP
Yes they should last longer anyway, I think there is some chemical reaction happening in the loop, could be due to residual of vinegard, question: are all your components new? if so why did you flush them with vinegard? If is new i usually just flush them with tap water at high pressure and then rinse with distilled water.

Yes all new blocks, I followed a video on youtube describing how to flush and rinse rads prior to use. Even though the PE rads said on the box that flushing wasn't required and there was very little that came out of them there were some particulates so it was worth doing. I read up on this for a long time while planning my build, it’s apparent that there are many opinions on what and what not to do, often contradictory which doesn’t help someone new to water cooling. To be fair this is only a minor problem that I can resolve, I’m still pretty chuffed to have successfully built my first water cooled pc with a disto block and acrylic tubing, which is running very cool and quiet, albeit not looking quite as white as I’d hoped.

Rinsed to hell and back, but there is clearly something driving a reaction here, I can only imagine its at homeopathy concentration levels :D But in all reality its likely to be the pH that's out of range.

I'm really annoyed by this to be honest given i followed all the directions, used Distilled not De-ionised water, flushed and rinsed everything according to directions and then rinsed some more, I'm a scientist by trade so picky about how such things are done

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom