Command & Conquer 4K remaster coming

Soldato
Initial thoughts;

Loved the installer. Port 220, IRQ 5, DMA 1 :D
Looks nice but how do you zoom out more, it still looks massive even when zoomed out as far as possible (in 3440 x 1440)
How do you select a waypoint for barracks and WF?
The multiplayer lobby is shocking. Didnt manage to connect to one online game after trying maybe 10 games

Soldato
I thought they might have got rid of all the old quirks like bad pathfinding, APCs not unloading, soldiers standing around doing nothing etc

Part of the fun but annoying when one of your Mammoth tanks decides it wants to sit between two enemy turrets while the rest sit out of range.

Sem

Sem

Soldato
so which game are most people playing first
while Tiberian Dawn was great and i loved it... for me Red Alert is my all time fav and i jumped straight into that

Soldato
game wont launch for me, first click of play it did the VC redist install crap. Then nothing and button went back to play again.
Now if I click play it briefly changes, nothing then back to play again.

Soldato

Sem

Sem

Soldato
This isn't C&C but somewhat similar for anyone that remembers it.

GoG are currently giving away Total Annihilation + 2 expansion packs for free which you can add here

nice didnt know about that add to my library...

hope TA is next on the remaster list... even supcom could do with one

i still have my original TA box, CD and manual wonder if its worth anything.. lol prob not

Soldato
vc redist is fine, its the game.

ok thanks, I was wrong, I didnt have the 2017 VC, thanks. Steam should have put it on but didnt I guess.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Playing Tiberian Dawn first.....its glorious.

That installation process was absolutely fantastic!

The graphics are fantastic and flicking between them so easily is amazing. I love it. I can only imagine how good RA will be.

I had to start with the Brotherhood.

Associate
Just done a few missions, love it, just what i wanted the exact same game with better GFX and audio

@Sem i am playing the original GDI missions, starting from the beginning.

Associate
Anyone else got a bug with units staying highlighted in this once deselected?

From watching streams there appears to be quite a few bugs. I've seen nothing game breaking yet though.

Multiplayer seems disappointing tbh. No Fog of War, and base walking still there, so i'll not be getting this for multiplayer whatsoever. However, everything looks pretty, and sounds are awesome. I do feel that they could have done with global score boards for missions, that would have been a nice touch.

Man of Honour
Any of you have a Linux partition and wanna just hop over and confirm it works in Proton before I drop my money on it? ;)
I do. I will download it overnight and try tomorrow. I can't right now because it would wreck my sons Fortnite ping.

Associate
some difference in the new graphics to the old, anyone know is there a way to view the mini map, can be a bit confusing on where you are on the level, im on command and conquer NOD mission 2, havent tried red alert yet

Back
Top Bottom